Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christina :)
    I don't get the ratings thing anymore. Smallville has 4 mil fans on facebook, and I generally think those are the hardcore ones, but we have ratings like this . Smallville is too good for Nelson boxes anyway

Just went to the Cw page and saw that too. Nothing new. But to be fair, the CW has cute little promos out counting down to the finale. IDK if they are on tv because I haven't been watching (the cw I mean). But Who needs ratings anyway, when we get to finally see the end of one of the best shows on television?
    I'm from England. I watched it but I don't 'count'.

Comment

mod edit
      Last edited by Vergon6; 05-09-2011, 06:26 PM. Reason: Baiting

Comment

Originally posted by momo6995
        Do we really think the CW is going to promote this well? They are too busy promoting Gossip Girl and 90210. I just looked at the CW homepage. Smallville has one tiny thing on the episode list at the bottom. It's the same way on the channel itself. It's really stupid.
        What are they going to promote anyway? TW has been doing the rounds and the WB has forbidden him to say anything other then "please watch". I won't understand marketing ever. It's not promotion, it's advanced warning. I would be very surprised if the finale gets more then 2.5 million, because right now, it looks like if someone is waiting for Clark to become Superman, well, all the signs point to a disappointing resolution.
        Last edited by petitemimi; 05-08-2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

What he is prohibited from saying is how he gets there and what it looks like.

What I don't understand is how people could think he wouldn't become Superman. I mean, that's the whole point. Even if I weren't a fan or if I hadn't seen the show in a while, I'd tune in just to see how it all happens.

Lucky me... I am a very big fan and have decided to go from this point forward, unspoiled, I would tune in no matter what.

Comment

I haven't seen most of this season, so I can't comment on the quality. However, SV airs when there's still some sun outside and people are still out for the night. So naturally SPN might have a few more viewers when it's dark out.
            Not a valid excuse imo, SV has been beating Supernatural all season long, except in very rare occasions like this one, the timeslot has never been a factor. As someone has said, I do not agree at all with that, SPN is has better writing & stuff than SV, smallville even on its worst days still does fare than supernatural, JMO of course. as a casual viewer of SPN, its 6th season has been far worse than the chaotic sv s10, don't know how s7 is going to make it.

I don't get the ratings thing anymore. Smallville has 4 mil fans on facebook, and I generally think those are the hardcore ones, but we have ratings like this . Smallville is too good for Nelson boxes anyway
            America plus worldwide fans, everyone from all over Asia, africa, europe, latin america etc can like a show's fanpage on FB. SV probably still have 4 million or more fans in the US alone, but not everyone is going to watch it live due to various reasons.

Comment

...and not all fans have Facebook or use it regularly.
              I didn't become an active Facebook user until probably two or three years after creating an account. I only created the account because so many of my friends were into it, but I didn't use it until I started working at my campus TV station - it was a fun way to stay in touch with co-workers who became friends. The funny thing? Some of those friends who first told me the site was all the rage don't even use the site that often anymore. It's kind of ironic, because now, I'm on there a lot.
              ...so, I'm just saying, no rating system is entirely conclusive or exact. There will always be gaps. For instance, I am not a Nielsen contributor - working at a TV station prohibited me from it - but I am a Facebook fan, and obviously, I'm here on Ksite... but who's counting my vote? Who knows?

I'm just glad, that after all these years, the show had just enough support to get it to this point. I'm very proud of this little engine of a show that could.

Comment

mod edit
                Last edited by Vergon6; 05-09-2011, 06:29 PM. Reason: Baiting/Fan-on-fan-Discussing Lana vs. Lois comparisons by someone

Comment

MOD EDIT
                  Unfortunately, Smallville has been on the decline for a long time. You may say it's because it's on Friday nights (or I believe some people were stating the tornadoes preventing certain individuals from watching a couple of weeks ago), but I believe its because the quality of the show has gone down. It has lost the majority of it's original cast members, and some of it's heart.

Some people may disagree and that's fine. Let's agree to disagree. I'll remember what I liked best about Smallville and you can do the same.
                  Last edited by Vergon6; 05-09-2011, 06:30 PM. Reason: Discussing fan comparisons-Lana vs. Lois

Comment

I'm sure the final numbers will go up as always. Season 10 only had one episode going below 2 million viewers which is nice compared to the 4 or 5 episodes that were below 2 million viewers last season. I'm willing to bet that Finale will be above 4 million viewers.
                    1. it's the series finale and many old and new fans will be watching it
                    2. Michael Rosenbaum is coming back which is a big thing for many of us.
                    3. Lots of good promos and Tom Welling and other cast members have been doing
                    interview for the finale.
                    4. No major event going on this Friday i.e no superhero movie or a royal wedding
                    5. Many of us will want to see how it all end
                    6. Superman appearances possibly?
                    7. Finale always get a good amount of viewers. Like last year, Hostage had 1.9 million and Salvation had i think 2.45 million.
                    8. the finale has been covered in magazines as a highlight
                    9. Many articles online about it
                    10. And because we love Smallville

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
                      1. Thursday nights are when networks air their strongest shows. Shows that will pull in the best numbers and therefore most revenue. Friday nights is known as the graveyard shift. It's for weak shows, who are soon to be cancelled. When Lana was on, Smallville was competitive and airing on Thursday nights, after she left the show moved to Friday.
                      I may be wrong, but I always thought the show was moved to Friday due to the whole Doomsday debacle, and Lana had nothing to do with this.

Pesronally, ratings don't mean much to me. The only thing that matters is whether I enjoy the show or not. If I judged the quality of the show by the ratings, then I would have to consider Memoria the worst episode of season 3, and Magnetic - one of the best. And that's too ridiculous for words.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennsen
                        I may be wrong, but I always thought the show was moved to Friday due to the whole Doomsday debacle, and Lana had nothing to do with this.

Pesronally, ratings don't mean much to me. The only thing that matters is whether I enjoy the show or not. If I judged the quality of the show by the ratings, then I would have to consider Memoria the worst episode of season 3, and Magnetic - one of the best. And that's too ridiculous for words.
                        I agree. That is too ridiculous for words.
                        I try to see the good in all things, but "Magnetic" is one of my least favorite episodes ever... and "Memoria" is a very good one. I love that ending scene... just beautiful. (Plus, the DVD commentary was really fun)

Comment

Final ratings: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...o-fringe/91940

-2.07 million

Comment

That rounds to 2.1 as it's good. Dominion is now the lowest-rated episode of the season.

Comment

Thanks Maria
                              *Smallville S10 Final & DVR
                              #1 Lazarus ~ *2.98mil. & Live+7= 3.90mil.

#2 Shield ~ *2.38mil. & Live+7= 3.26mil.

#3 Supergirl ~ (P)*2.30mil. & Live+7= 2.93mil.

#4 Homecoming {200th Epi.} ~ *3.19mil. & Live+7= 3.73mil.

#5 Isis ~ *2.60mil. & Live+7= 3.31mil.

#6 Harvest ~ *2.96mil. & Live+7= 3.64mil.

#7 Ambush ~ *2.63mil & Live+7= 3.35mil.

#8 Abandoned ~ (P)*2.90mil. & Live+7= 3.6?mil.

#9 Patriot ~ (P)*2.60mil. & Live+7= 3.23mil.

#10 Luthor ~ (P)*2.76mil.

#11 Icarus ~ *2.55mil.

#12 Collateral ~ *2.38mil. & Live+7= 2.94mil.

#13 Beacon ~ *2.34mil. & Live+7= 2.95mil.

#14 Masquerade ~ *2.22mil. & Live+7= 2.90mil.

#15 Fortune ~ *2.56mil. & Live+7= 3.13mil.

#16 Scion ~ *2.18mil. & Live+7= 2.86mil.

#17 Kent ~ *2.37mil. & Live+7= 2.93mil.

#18 Booster ~ *2.35mil. & Live+7= 3.05mil.

#19 Dominion ~ *1.99mil.

#20 Prophecy ~ *2.07mil.

Comment

Liv+e7 = 2.65 million viewers (up 22%)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡