Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Metallo reveal Clark/The Blur to Lois?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Metallo reveal Clark/The Blur to Lois?

In the last scene between Lois and Metallo, Lois asks: "So how did you get away from Mercer?" Then Metallo says: "It involved a secret cave, action sequence out of the Ice Capades, and your best friend."

It should be logical from Lois to ask what he meant with that line, especially since Clark is supposedly Lois' best friend and as far as she knows Clark and Metallo have never met.

In their earlier scene at the truck: Metallo says: "Maybe we should get out of here before The Blur decides to light this place up like a Christmas tree. "Lois says: "The Blur did this to you?" Metallo: "I don't know how he found me."

Metallo also mentioned "secret cave/ice capades". Considering Lois has been in the fortress before, "palace of ice" as she said in S6 - Zod and what happened in Idol earlier, shouldn't she have made a connection between Clark/The Blur or at least ask what Metallo meant with "best friend"?
    Last edited by Superboogie; 05-05-2011, 10:07 AM.

Metallo probably meant The Blur is Lois' best friend, not Clark. Metallo probably doesn't know who Clark is.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
      Metallo probably meant The Blur is Lois' best friend, not Clark. Metallo probably doesn't know who Clark is.
      Yeah, Metallo has only ever seen The Blur, but not Clark.

Comment

This line was based on Lois' relationship with The Blur in Savior and Metallo where John and Lois had these mocking talks about The Blur. John has never seen Clark since he was "visiting family in Poughkeepsie" during his first stay.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

As for the "secret cave / action sequence out of the ice capades". If someone tells me about a secret cave, I'm thinking Bat Cave, not Fortress of Solitude. And it has been almost four years for Lois when she saw something after being heavily injured. Lois can't pull out the DVDs of her life and recheck everything she said and saw.
        Last edited by DJ Doena; 05-05-2011, 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, maybe you are right. Still it seemed illogical from Lois not to question what he meant by "your best friend" (should have ringed some bells). Especially if Metallo had said "The Blur" Lois would have started asking about it im sure. Not sure about Corben not knowing what Clark looked like since they have had their pictures on the newspapers and he was a reporter after all.

Comment

you're thinking too much into it IMO, applying rational logic to characters who aren't known for applying it themselves. At the time Lois wasn't supposed to figure it out so destiny made her dumb out at the appropriate time, only hear what it wanted her to hear

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎