Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what happened to Zod and the other at the end?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what happened to Zod and the other at the end?

I thought that they were destroyed by Kal-El. Meaning, Clark killed them. Considering he said he never kill anyone.

He didn't, they are stuck in space

Comment

Clark destroyed the PZ exit crystal ( and yes there is another one somewhere ) so Zod can't open the PZ exit anymore.
      Hence, he is trapped there for good.

Comment

I was confused by the ending too.

Zod and his female companions were seen hurdling thru space encased in a transparent cage. The cage then seemed to dissolved, disintergrate or blow apart. Did that mean Zod and his friends are dead. Clark did tell Zod no more second chances.
        In any case Zod is no longer residing in the PZ.

Clark could not let Zod stay in the PZ b/c Zod now has Clark's blood and could therefore let all the criminals escape to Earth from the PZ.

Comment

Originally posted by supercatmom

Zod and his female companions were seen hurdling thru space encased in a transparent cage. The cage then seemed to dissolved, disintergrate or blow apart. Did that mean Zod and his friends are dead. Clark did tell Zod no more second chances.

Clark could not let Zod stay in the PZ b/c Zod now has Clark's blood and could therefore let all the criminals escape to Earth from the PZ.
          That explosion/shockwave at the end where the PZ thing appeared to disappear was just an effect to illustrate the zone disappearing into the distance. Smallville has used effect such as that before.

Zod and the rest are trapped in the zone with no way out. I don't know why they added the effect where it looked like it exploded at the end. I suppose they wanted to make it look more dramatic, but instead it just added unecessary confusion.

Or perhaps the glass/phantom zone window thing was shattering, thus illustrating that the window between those two dimensions was destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
            Or perhaps the glass/phantom zone window thing was shattering, thus illustrating that the window between those two dimensions was destroyed.
            I was wondering what it means as well and this seems like a really good theory

Comment

could be the portal was destroyed but i thought it looked like clark traped zod and friends in that little waiting room area and they arent in the phantom zone anymore they are stuck floating around space in a glass cage.

would explain how in superman 2 they are in it and the only thing that can break it open was a nuclear explosion. otherwise why didnt anyone else escape in superman 2 and how many glass portals would be floating around space if they actually stayed there after transporting criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by supercatmom

That wasn't a transparent cage. it was the original Phantom Zone as seen in the Superman movies - and later in Smallville. The Phantom Zone was not destroyed, what was blown apart was the gate. (also notice how Clark healed just before they returned; that was because sunlight passed through the portal) The PZ was sealed for good; the two characters that were shown alongside Zod could be Non and Ursa, and this may be a testament to the movies (again); this may forshadow that in the future that we never see, the PZ might break open...

Comment

That explosion/shockwave at the end where the PZ thing appeared to disappear was just an effect to illustrate the zone disappearing into the distance. Smallville has used effect such as that before.
                  Plus, famously, Star Trek.

I found the whole crystal/gate/effect thing mildly confusing. Didn't bother me though. The nuts and bolts of how all this Kryptonian stuff works is something I don't take terribly seriously. It's just made-up babble and hocus-pocus.

Whatever, I knew perfectly well Zod wasn't killed. Zod has to live on to fight another day. Like Dracula, he keeps returning. Important point was that Zod was stuck in prison, Clark and Ollie got out. Their gambit worked and they confounded their enemy. That much was perfectly clear.

And that's all that mattered IMO.

Comment

So if Clark ever ends up in the PZ agin, will he be trap there?

Comment

Zod and friend are trapped in the Phantom Zone, until they managed to escape again in Superman 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
                        So if Clark ever ends up in the PZ agin, will he be trap there?
                        No, the kara's console is still there.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎