Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Offical I Don't Care About Darkseid Thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Doomsday fighting over Chloe?

Comment

I would feel differently (voted "casre but do not like") if they showed something incredible with Darkseid. But it has sucked. The only noteworthy moment was Yellow-Pants Lionel at the end of Scion.

Comment

I like Darkseid as a villain. And you gotta have a villain.

Sure beats the freak of the week formula, which is how this show started off.

Comment

No point in having a villain if he isn't used. We have no idea what the plan of the minions is or why its taking so long to unfold. We also have no idea why there is only 3 of them to bring out the darkness in humanity one person at a time

Comment

If they focused on the real plot this season - meaning only mentioning Darkseid but focusing on his minions and the terror behind him and VRA - that would be posing a real threat and if they introduced Intergang with Morgan Edge back using Darkseid's tech to get to Clark and to rule Metropolis and prepare it for the D-side coming instead of giving us fillars and Chloe-worshiping episodes, then this season could have been more decent.

But now, we're left with what we're left - a toilet seat in our hand wondering - how did that happen??

Comment

Don't really care about the Darkseid plot. I think the "Legion of Doom" in tonights episode, would've made a more appropriate season long baddie. As then we're talking about an organization being built up over the season. Every now and then, Clark would run into a metahuman criminal, whom at the end of the episode is approached with an offer from a mysterious offscreen character (Lex). While, offscreen the same thing happens with old villains, that Clark (and the other heroes, offscreen) has encountered in the past. The villians are assigned to smaller sleeper cells, waiting for the time to strike. Once or twice, Clark & Co encounters one of these sleeper cells. Then, they're activated in the finale, to take out the heroes. Throw in a Booster Gold cameo at the end, where Skeets informs him that members of these cells will stick together and eventually evolve into the Injustice Society, Injustice League, Injustice Gang and Secret Society (of Super Villains), etc.

At the same time, they could've made Conner part of a larger plot with Kryptonian cloning experiments. Which would've opened a window, for a new Bizarro (who'd later return as part of the cell, that goes after Clark) to appear (along with a "Bizarro Kara"). The project could've produced two successfull (though, empty) Clark clones. One is taken to the Fortress By Jor-El (and made into the Eradicator), while the other's taken away by Dr. Allister Kreig and returns later as a cyborg, possessed by Hank Henshaw.
              Throw in two more clones, found by Clark (Bizarro Power Girl & Divine) and you'd get another storyline, where Clark realizes that there's a third Kryptonian on Earth (and wants to find her).

Meaning that you'd get 7 storylines this season:
              Legion of Doom.
              Kryptonian cloning experiments (which causes a Conner storyline, a Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Superman) storyline and an Eradicator storyline).
              "Quest for the third Kryptonian".
              The return of Lex Luthor.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 05-06-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                But there's still a chance - for me, at least - that they can salvage it.
                ITA. For me to! I'll just copy paste what I already wrote in the theory forum since it applies to this topic too!

Brian P. said that we see our big baddie come up in the finale, I assume he means Darkseid of course. Kelly S. didnt say we wont see him, but gave a hint he wont be fully physicaly materialised. So far all the spoilers on this end are in a lockdown. We do know the unholy trinity is in the finale. And one finale promo does indicate darkness overcoming earth but then the S shiled making light...

I think we will see Darkseid in the finale no doubt, probably like the one in Scion but with less smoke and more defined (hopefuly) body this time around. However, I do not expect stuff like Darkseid smashing up Metropolis or a mega fight between him and Clark. Thats not realistic concerning this shows budget and I doubt DC/WB would allow it as im sure future Superman/possible JLA movies will take care of that end.

What do I want however, is that Darkseid WALKS and TALKS and shows that he has a personality, and isnt just a smoke monster. Darkseid initialy was not really a wild fighting machine as he is portrayed in recent years. Sure he was a god with matching power levels, but his strenghts were in his cunning, genious, manipulative nature, his ability to control people, make people doubt themselfs, manipulate people, his pure evilness and super inteligence. And the fact he's just so cold hearted evil. And his omega beams. So what I would like and I know it can be done even in a few minutes airtime, is for Smallville to acomplish this. To make people believe Darkseid is a GOD, the ultimate evil who will pose the greatest threat to earth, universe and Superman in the future. That everybody, those who know about him and those who dont, are sitting at the edges of their seats, with hairs standing up and mouth open in fear. There's no need for Darkseid to punch anyone or go crazy, though an omega beam or two wouldnt hurt, but thats not what is needed to portray Darkseid as a villain of epic scales. However for the finale to REALLY go out on a high note, this just has to happen. Darkseid has to be, in those 2 or 3 minutes he will probably be, the baddest villain on Smallville (exclude Lex of course) ever.

Do I have faith TPTB of Smallville could and did pull this off? No, not really. I do hope so however. Otherwise Darkseid will be marked as the single greatest misstep and failure of the 10 Smallville years and an abomination to this iconic DCU villain.

Oh, and I love the random Shelby option on the poll, and it's winning to!
                Last edited by TheRealBruceWayne; 05-06-2011, 12:03 PM. Reason: Shelby

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                  Don't really care about the Darkseid plot. I think the "Legion of Doom" in tonights episode, would've made a more appropriate season long baddie.
                  LoD could have replaced the Suicide Squad since they didn't amount to much. It could have been Lex pulling the strings and in the finale it would be revealed he didn't die in the truck explosion in "Requiem" etc.

Comment

and I still don't care... it's amazing

Comment

Turned out to be a pretty successful way to navigate the final... I didn't care one lick about Darkseid and I ended up totally loving the final.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎