No announcement yet.

So much to wrap up!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much to wrap up!

Anyone else feel like there is just way too much to wrap up for the series in just 3 hours?!

Not really. Three hours is plenty. Especially since I expect that most of these issues are most likely going to be resolved in a few minutes.

3 episodes is the equivalent of a two-hour long movie. That's more than enough time to wrap up all of the issues heading into the finale (But I wouldn't be surprised at all if a few things are forgotten/ignored altogether).
    Last edited by Kneel before Zod; 05-02-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Not really, not everything has to be wrapped up.

Comment

I want Clark to unwrap Lois on screen at least one more time. *gutter*

Comment

The show could have wrapped up the series at anypoint after Commencement in 2 episodes

Comment

lingering plots & subplots:

Lex's return
            Wedding
            Darkseid (& company)
            Green Arrow and his death mark
            Deathstroke & VRA
            Gold K

...am I forgetting anything? I'll assume not much if any of this will be resolved next week, so it's up to the 2-hour finale to wrap things up.

So hopefully Clark will find out gold K is just a myth, smash Darkseid to bits (eliminating Oliver's omega mark in the process), tell Slade to eat a d**k, welcome Lex back, get married, put the Superman suit on and fly away.

Comment

Everything will be wrapped up that needs to be wrapped up. How it's wrapped up is another story.

Comment

Like others said there is time to wrap up these storylines but the question is will they? When it comes to continuing stories the ending either focuses on the plot points ending or the emotional conclusion where not much is answered.

I have the feeling Smallville will leave a few things unresolved like in a superhero comic book things will be left vague and imply to the audience just because the show is over does not mean the characters lives are.

Comment

Gold K was just a mention, and the VRA is already done with.

Comment

It appears that what I mentioned a few months back is pretty much how it's going to go down. Cram as much as possible into what little time is left, deal with anything Darkseid/darkness related only very occasionally, and then rush EVERYTHING all at the end. The only difference is that I thought that the Darkseid issue would've been resolved the episode before the finale so that the series finale could focus on things that didn't have to be attached to Season 10. With all that they wanted to throw into the final season, it's mind boggling how many episodes were wasted on useless plots that did absolutely nothing for Clark (with at least one more to come). Then again, this final season proves crystal clear that Clark was never the priority to these people. It would've been great if guys like Verheiden, Biller, Loeb, and others (pretty much anyone connected to the first few seasons) came back just for the final season to show these clowns how it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick

Lex's return
                      Wedding
                      Darkseid (& company)
                      Deathstroke & VRA
                      Gold K
                      The VRA storyline pretty much ended with Beacon, when it was overturned or repealed or whatever. Deathstroke is a future enemy, so it makes sense to leave him at large.

Lex's return, I think will only be a secondary plot, meant to set up the future between Lex and Superman.

I'm not sure how Gold K fits into the equation, but I don't think it would take a lot of time to incorporate it into the finale.

The wedding... Ugh... I hope the finale doesn't waste too much time on it. We've had a handful of weddings on this series already.

Darkseid and Oliver's Omega mark are obviously connected, so I don't see much of an issue there.

There is plenty of time for these issues to be resolved within 3 episodes. I am sure that I will have some issues with how it is done, but hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it and end the series feeling satisfied.

Comment

The Finale is just going to be like someone on this thread already mentioned: They will wrap up things that are really important in just a couple of scenes. And I feel they will take the things that are not so important and let them fill the two hour time limit.

I always thought the Finale would be the best Smallville episode ever made, but I am losing faith.
                        Last edited by Overcast 86; 05-02-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

You have to remember they will resolve as much as they can but leave some stuff open ended for Clarks future as superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick

Lex's return
                            Wedding
                            Darkseid (& company)
                            Deathstroke & VRA
                            Gold K

...am I forgetting anything?
                            Tess?
                            Lionel??
                            Oliver & Chloe???

There's too much to wrap up so it doesn't feel forced or leave a bad taste in your mouth (like Suicide Squad's, Slade's and CL's fates).

I'd say they've failed already. This doesn't mean the finale won't be great, though.

Comment

You're already losing faith? Wow, guys. Chill out. I have a very good feeling about how things will be wrapped up... and not everything should be wrapped up anyway. This is end of the BEGINNING. Let's not forget that.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎