No announcement yet.

So much to wrap up!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
    It's not like we'll ever know what happened to Dr. Bryce, Lucas, how Dr. Swann received the key, how come Chloe was the only meta-freak that powers didn't "turn on" from the beginning, and etc.
    I'm only asking for S10 to sort out the plots and characters that it introduced (Darkseid, Lex, Lionel, Tess Kara for starters). So far it has been really lazy (Suicide Squad, Slade & VRA, CL) apart from maybe Conner whose arc I really couldn't care less before "Scion".

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
      Who says they weren't? Since her power was rather special she probably just didn't activate them by accident.
      So...in that case...if her power was activated over someone she loved, it should've activated when Clark was dying in "Fever" since she "loved" him so much. Stupid plots.

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
      I'm only asking for S10 to sort out the plots and characters that it introduced (Darkseid, Lex, Lionel, Tess Kara for starters). So far it has been really lazy (Suicide Squad, Slade & VRA, CL) apart from maybe Conner whose arc I really couldn't care less before "Scion".
      Hey, someone like me would've want the plotholes of all the ten seasons to be resolved

VRA will most likely be left wide open and so will the Suicide Squad though. Kara's "storyline" will "end" in "Prophecy" and I'm assuming AU Lionel and Tess die.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        Hey, someone like me would've want the plotholes of all the ten seasons to be resolved

VRA will most likely be left wide open and so will the Suicide Squad though. Kara's "storyline" will "end" in "Prophecy" and I'm assuming AU Lionel and Tess die.
        They should have had an episode this season that started with AU Lionel in a bathrobe sitting next to a fire place with glasses on and smoking a pipe, welcoming the audience to another installment of Smallville. The next (special) 3-4 hours would have been about Lionel explaining every plothole, inconsistancy, controversies the ten seasons had using archive footage to illustrate things.

Seriously though you are dead on how they will "end" the loose ends in "Prophecy" and the "Finale"...and it's gonna be disappointing for me.

Comment

MOD EDIT

This is a TV show, it does not have to be perfect to be entertaining.
          Last edited by Vergon6; 05-05-2011, 09:15 AM. Reason: Violation of Rule #10-disrespectful to other board members

Comment

Not expecting it to be perfect. I'm expecting the show not be nearly as lazy as it is especially on it's final season.

The main Law & Order lasted twice as long and it was more consistant with it's internal continuity that even spanned to it's sister series.

Comment

They should have had an episode this season that started with AU Lionel in a bathrobe sitting next to a fire place with glasses on and smoking a pipe, welcoming the audience to another installment of Smallville. The next (special) 3-4 hours would have been about Lionel explaining every plothole, inconsistancy, controversies the ten seasons had using archive footage to illustrate things.

Seriously though you are dead on how they will "end" the loose ends in "Prophecy" and the "Finale"...and it's gonna be disappointing for me.
              Oh, I'm sure the endings of certain plots will disappoint many, but I have to say...that Lionel idea is full of win. I'd love that.

Originally posted by Ellsbury
              MOD EDIT

This is a TV show, it does not have to be perfect to be entertaining.
              No, but it should be perfect as in having continuity and coherency. It would show that the writers actually care about their product.

Comment

Not expecting it to be perfect. I'm expecting the show not be nearly as lazy as it is especially on it's final season.
                uh... yep, I'm gonna agree with this.
                Last edited by Overcast 86; 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick
                  Anyone else feel like there is just way too much to wrap up for the series in just 3 hours?!
                  Yeah, somewhat. And it feels like we've been saying "too much to wrap up" almost from the start of the season.

Comment

There is a lot to wrap up indeed. I really wish they had left the omega symbol branded on Oliver somewhere in the back burner to be reanimated....never. I think it was pointless to introduce this so late in the game. It's not going to be done well, in any case, considering how very little time is left to explore the rise of Superman. All in all it's been quite an incoherent season with some truly great episodes. I don't want to be overly critical at this point, the series is over and I'll still always have a huge soft spot for Smallville warts and all.

Comment

Originally posted by HopeforTomorrow
                      Then again, this final season proves crystal clear that Clark was never the priority to these people. It would've been great if guys like Verheiden, Biller, Loeb, and others (pretty much anyone connected to the first few seasons) came back just for the final season to show these clowns how it's done.
                      Did you ever watch the featurette on the writer's room that was on the S4 DVD set? All the writers are asked who their favorite character is to write, and not one of them said Clark. To make things worse, they all said Lana. How messed up is that?

Comment

Ugh. And "Lana" was the most BORING part of the entire series, IMHO. She was good for the 1st three seasons... she should have been "let go" after that.

I really don't care what they wrap up or how they wrap it... the most important thing, to me, is the RETURN OF LEX LUTHOR. Oh.My.Gawd! I can hardly wait! I don't give a super-patooty about Clois wedding, Darkseid, or anything else. Well, except, I do want the last scene to be Clark, AS SUPERMAN, flying. If it's not, then 10 years of my life will be for naught.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                          Did you ever watch the featurette on the writer's room that was on the S4 DVD set? All the writers are asked who their favorite character is to write, and not one of them said Clark. To make things worse, they all said Lana. How messed up is that?
                          That's why I pretty much hate Smallville's entire writing staff.

Comment

It's been a couple years since I watched any of the featurettes, but yeah, I do vaguely remember them mentioning that Lana was their favorite.

It's very messed up and very telling of where their heads were at. This was reflected all too well in Seasons 5-7. The thing to me though, is that in those seasons, Lana was written and treated horribly as a character. Worse than even that though was how Clark and Lex were both written as a result of Lana being the object of desire. I've pretty much just come to the conclusion that a lot of the staff were just big Kristin Kreuk worshippers, and that Lana was basically just an extension of what they wanted to see out of the actress. They took it way too far with writing the characters based on the actors that were playing them rather than just writing the characters based on what made most sense to the story, IMO.

Comment

NO WAY! I had no idea they actually said that! Whoa, it's just... I have no words.

Funny, judging by the first three seasons, it seemed to me the writers' favorite characters were Lex and Lionel because I felt they got the most compelling storylines. But the focus was still on Clark and his struggles, even though sometimes his characterization was... questionable. Then again, most of my favorite SV writers had already left Sv by the time season 4 came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎