Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really realistic that Oliver can throw around Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that Oliver can fight. The question was just that Clark is a pretty big guy. He probably weighs around 220 pounds, it just seemed weird and unrealistic that he could just throw him around like that. And Oliver isn't that big either. I can't imagine him weighing more than Clark.

Comment

Eveything in Superman's world is unrealistic. Just like a pair of glasses can work as a fully functionable disguise or how very few people have noticed how Clark and Superman sound exactly alike. But hey that's why they call it fiction.

Comment

Really? 2 episodes away from a 10-year run of what's basically a Superman show and you're questioning what's realistic and not realistic?

Comment

This isn't a fighting forum, obviously. Hence this thread is completely ignorant as are many of the responses.

You can quite easily in martial arts throw people who weigh even twice your own. It's not difficult at all. You use their own body weight to support your throw, and gravity helps immensely. Bruce Lee could have quite easily (and indeed many other good martial artists) thrown Clark back and forth all day, so I'm most definitely certain Oliver would have no trouble.

Comment

Clark/Superman combat style has always been large and bulky graceless movements that get the job done efficiently.

Oliver is trained and polished. As evidenced in "Fortune" where he battles many armed men while unarmed... unless you count the feather headdress...

Usually Clark relies on his super-speed, swiftness, and strength so without powers he's an inexperienced schmo who's still strong but doesn't know how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto~Luan
              Clark/Superman combat style has always been large and bulky graceless movements that get the job done efficiently.

Oliver is trained and polished. As evidenced in "Fortune" where he battles many armed men while unarmed... unless you count the feather headdress...

Usually Clark relies on his super-speed, swiftness, and strength so without powers he's an inexperienced schmo who's still strong but doesn't know how to use it.
              This.

Comment

Yes, Ollie's martial arts training could easily enable him to use Clark's own weight and strength against him while de-powered. I've seen a tiny guy take down a huge guy so it didn't surprise me at all. Clark should wear blue K and let Ollie train him in the event he became de-powered so he's not so vulnerable...LOL!!!

Comment

haha, what kind of martial arts does Oliver train?

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                    haha, what kind of martial arts does Oliver train?
                    Kick boxing, karate, yoga... and burlesque dancing.

Comment

Oliver is very strong and has trained many years martial arts, but that was still nothing compared to Lana-Fu in Bride. I mean he got almost beaten by a tiny girl who trained to fight by laying in ice cold water etc.

But don't count on "evidence" from earlier seasons/episodes when it comes to SV. In that same scene Chloe was suddenly a master fighter also and so good with guns that she could shot tiny lamp wire down from the roof. And even though Lois was supposed to have 2. degree black belt in karate (and good with guns) yet she was totally helpless.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboogie
                        Oliver is very strong and has trained many years martial arts, but that was still nothing compared to Lana-Fu in Bride. I mean he got almost beaten by a tiny girl who trained to fight by laying in ice cold water etc.

But don't count on "evidence" from earlier seasons/episodes when it comes to SV. In that same scene Chloe was suddenly a master fighter also and so good with guns that she could shot tiny lamp wire down from the roof. And even though Lois was supposed to have 2. degree black belt in karate (and good with guns) yet she was totally helpless.
                        Well though with Oliver, Tess, Lex... they have shown them actually training over the past few seasons. And Even Lois can get overpowered... but That Chloe/Yuna Gun fighter thingy... totally out of left field But hey... girl power.

Comment

Well though with Oliver, Tess, Lex... they have shown them actually training over the past few seasons. And Even Lois can get overpowered... but That Chloe/Yuna Gun fighter thingy... totally out of left field But hey... girl power.
                          Chloe was also quite badazz in that episode where they took like 10 FBI agents with Oliver... it was like wtf? yeah

Comment

Kick boxing, karate, yoga... and burlesque dancing.

LMAO!! I spewed the ginger ale I was drinking when I read that.

Comment

It's about as realistic as a powerless Clark being able to throw Oliver around. Sure. I think it works, and on Earth, powerless Green Arrow is very capable of throwing bad guys around. It is definitely realistic in the Smallville universe.

Comment

Oliver's trained fighting without powers for years and Clark has not. so yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎