Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this episode necessary or pointless?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i_need_a_new_username
    Clark hasn't really advanced in any capacity since Homecoming so I'm not surprised.
    I would argue since Commencement. lol

I don't get the argument that every episode somehow has to move Clark forward or it's a failure. If that was a case he would be Superman by episode 10.

Comment

Yeah but he was severely regressed after Commencement giving the illusion of progression. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
        I seen many Lois/Clois centric episodes be labeled "filler". On the flip side Lexcentric ones never seem to get put in the "filler" crosshairs(although I could make an argument that many Lex episodes are "filler" going by the same standards other people would use to claim an episode are "filler")
        yes those Lex episodes that you are referring to as fillers are perhaps fillers when he was a series regular however this is his big return and furthermore Lex has developed far enough to now define his position as clarks enemy...and where is the suit build up...more of the actual clark kent/superman secret identity and not no slight hints or touches on that aspect of superman....flight?.....Darksied? ...

as usual they gonna cram it all into the final

Comment

As they did with Failsday.

Comment

ha yeh WasteOfSpaceDay

Comment

The Finale keeps looking bleaker and bleaker to me with every passing episode -- I don't know how they can possibly end it with a win. At this point I'd call it "damage control" -- it's not whether it will be a Fail or not, just HOW BIG of a Fail...

Comment

Originally posted by H.B.
                more of the actual clark kent/superman secret identity and not no slight hints or touches on that aspect of superman
                Last week's episode touched on Clark's identity but that was labeled as filler

Originally posted by H.B.
                Darksied?
                I personally like the way they handle Darkseid. Basically keep him somewhat mysterious and give slight hints here and there. Much better then if they made him a cab driver

I don't think Doomsday was bad for trying to cram alot into one episode(it was bad for many other reasons though). To me the middle season openers/finals(S5-7) had the bad problem of trying to cram 3 hours worth of story into two 42 minute episodes(I might add Odyssey to that list because there was a few thing in there that could have been spread out but they quickly wanted to get Clarkt in the DP without developing a story)
                Last edited by Supsfan; 04-30-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

my point exactly they are still 'touching' on Clarks identity as though there are 5 more seasons to go. They need to put him in the role already.

Comment

I feel differently because:

a) It involves a character from the future, and they always tell Clark who he will be. Indirectly.

b) It was written by Geoff Johns, who wrote one of the best runs on Superman in years. He gets Superman and Booster Gold. But he can only put in small, infinitesimal pushes to Superman to fit with the Smallville ethos.

I personally like the way they handle Darkseid. Basically keep him somewhat mysterious and give slight hints here and there. Much better then if they made him a cab driver
                    Disagree. Entirely. Darkseid is not a mysterious force. He is as subtle as a building dropped on your face. In DCU proper Darkseid enslaved half the planet and captured all the major heroes within a month. If Darkseid was shown as TRYING to break into the universe, but failing and the unholy trinity had to break him into a vessel for him to manifest, I would have been entirely satisfied. Or with Boss Dark Side, better, but no, he is an abstract concept instead. "wh00p"...

Comment

Not filler to me, in fact, I think people using filler to describe Smallville is overused and not accurate.
                      Last edited by SnowBird; 04-30-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

This episode wasn't. It informed the Darkseid storyline by finishing Zod's storyline and progressing Oliver's. But there have been too many fillers this year.

Comment

even when they darkseid plot is furthered, the episodes are still called fillers? i really don't get it...

Comment

lois has always been worried about clark, who cares
                            Since this show has always been as much or more about relationships than action - me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                              It dealt with darkseid, Lois being worried about Clark in the future when he could be killed when he is doing what he is doing. It also dealt with Oliver's story arc. I'm sorry but it doesn't exactly sound like a filler to me.
                              ITA. It might not have been the greatest episode of all times, and it was weak at some points, but it wasn't a filler at all.

Comment

I guess no one picked up on the fact that he (Clark) was wearing a red cape in the fight scene for shawdowing a superman suit with red cape

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎