Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this episode necessary or pointless?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this episode necessary or pointless?

if this wasnt the last ever few episodes then it would have been good but these ARE the last EVER few episodes the dominion episode had no real progression

As far as I'm concerned, this whole series is filler by definition. It's just filling in the space between the the time Clark arrived on Earth to when he becomes Superman, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Comment

It dealt with darkseid, Lois being worried about Clark in the future when he could be killed when he is doing what he is doing. It also dealt with Oliver's story arc. I'm sorry but it doesn't exactly sound like a filler to me.

Comment

Originally posted by H.B.
        if this wasnt the last ever few episodes then it would have been good but these ARE the last EVER few episodes the dominion episode had no real progression
        Clark and Lois moved into their new apartment in Metropolis, Zod was aligned with his mythos self, and Oliver with the omega symbol was advanced, as well as Darkseid's plot.

Didn't seem filler to me at all. Also, what's left other than putting on the suit and flying. There's nothing else really standing in the way between Clark becoming Superman. He's been acting quite Superman-ly since Masquerade(not counting Fortune) and is uncorruptable by Darkseid. He's slowly worked on and established his dual identity in Masquerade and Booster. What else is really left to do?

Comment

Exactly. The only thing left now is Clark getting married and putting on the suit, which will probably happen in the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
            It dealt with darkseid, Lois being worried about Clark in the future when he could be killed when he is doing what he is doing. It also dealt with Oliver's story arc. I'm sorry but it doesn't exactly sound like a filler to me.
            thats my point its the last ever few episodes and they are concentrating on 'lois being worried about clark in the future' for the last few seasons lois has always been worried about clark, who cares......ok about olivers arc but this is a show about clark leave oliver to the sub plot....we wanna see darkseid properly...some hints on lex or what lionel is upto...clarks suit and flight or adopting the name superman etc some real superman stuff now is needed

Comment

some hints on lex or what lionel is upto...
              If they delt with Lex or Lionel wouldn't that be filler since it doesn't deal with Clark becoming Superman? Or does Lex somehow get a free pass when people start labelling what is and isn't filler.

I never get the filler argumnt myself, save 3-4 episodes every season the rest are always filler. In terms of Dominion, I thought it touched upon a couple season long storyarcs so there is less of a case of it being filler then most other episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                If they delt with Lex or Lionel wouldn't that be filler since it doesn't deal with Clark becoming Superman? .
                well Superman is about Lex and clark becoming Superman will eventually involve Lex...so if they deal with Lex in perspective of clark they are dealing with 'superman'

Comment

well Superman is about Lex and clark becoming Superman will eventually involve Lex...so if they deal with Lex in perspective of clark they are dealing with 'superman'
                  Well couldn't the same be applied with Lois?

Comment

Well the same argument then can be made if they are dealing with Lois they are dealing with Superman.

Comment

This episode should have been earlier in the season, it ties up Zod's storyline and makes the past few years seem like a coherent storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                        Well the same argument then can be made if they are dealing with Lois they are dealing with Superman.
                        yes but Lois is already dealt with... she is there doing what she is suppose to do

Comment

This episode didn't do Clark favors. It only showed what happens to Lois if Clark didn't return and only advanced Oliver's storyline. They were trying to remind us of the Darkseid storyline through Zod. They already had their apartment in Kent as Lois had the place setup when Clark and Oliver returned from the PZ.

Comment

yes but Lois is already dealt with... she is there doing what she is suppose to do
                            I seen many Lois/Clois centric episodes be labeled "filler". On the flip side Lexcentric ones never seem to get put in the "filler" crosshairs(although I could make an argument that many Lex episodes are "filler" going by the same standards other people would use to claim an episode are "filler")

Comment

Clark hasn't really advanced in any capacity since Homecoming so I'm not surprised.

Oh and Clois is classed as filler as it isn't necessary to a Superman origin story. However Lex is used in many Superman origin stories and it needs to be shown how he becomes the man he is destined to be. Had the show ended a few years ago a Lois cameo would have satisfied me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎