No announcement yet.

starships = facepalm

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starships = facepalm

I don't know about anyone else but every time Dean, brought up 'starships' I kept facepalming. It made no sense and sounded stupid he should've gone with a different name.

Jefferson Starship was like a "spin-off" band of Jefferson Airplane, and they keep evolving and playing(and still are) with NUMEROUS changes...they even once called themselves Jefferson Starship - The Next Generation, like they were Degrassi or Star Trek. So, it does quite make sense, imo, since Dean said "and they can't be killed".

Comment

Personally, I didnt understand the reference but I laughed everytime he said it because it was such a random "unmonsterlike" name.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        Jefferson Starship was like a "spin-off" band of Jefferson Airplane, and they keep evolving and playing(and still are) with NUMEROUS changes...they even once called themselves Jefferson Starship - The Next Generation, like they were Degrassi or Star Trek. So, it does quite make sense, imo, since Dean said "and they can't be killed".
        Well, even though I'm a fan of the band as it evolved & laughed at the reference since I didn't take it seriously, I don't understand how the "they can't be killed" aspect applies to the monsters in the episode since they were dying pretty easily (pretty much self destructing except for that kid who the demons killed).

Comment

I loved the starship reference. That was so Dean! The look on his face when Bobby told him he can name them. Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            Well, even though I'm a fan of the band as it evolved & laughed at the reference since I didn't take it seriously, I don't understand how the "they can't be killed" aspect applies to the monsters in the episode since they were dying pretty easily (pretty much self destructing except for that kid who the demons killed).
            I much prefer Airplane over Starship, lol, but what Dean said, you shouldn't take it literal and just laugh it off, which was intended for.

Comment

i didnt mind the joke i would have however called them lil barakas

cuz to me they looked like baraka from mortal kombat

Comment

I loved the Starships....Dean is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNinjaAlex
                  i didnt mind the joke i would have however called them lil barakas

cuz to me they looked like baraka from mortal kombat

I wonder if Dean knows about Mortal Kombat. He may not know THAT much about nerdy/geeky stuff since he didn't even make one damn Jean Grey joke about the Phoenix. I really wanted such a quote in "Frontierland"

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                    I wonder if Dean knows about Mortal Kombat. He may not know THAT much about nerdy/geeky stuff since he didn't even make one damn Jean Grey joke about the Phoenix. I really wanted such a quote in "Frontierland"
                    Yet he mentioned Star Trek.

It would have been cool had he said something like, "I was hoping the Phoenix would be a hot chick like Jean Grey".

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎