No announcement yet.

Castiel not having powers because of Eve

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castiel not having powers because of Eve

I thought that was the one thing that didn't make much sense in the episode. I guess Eve is older than Castiel, which I'm still trying to figure out since Castiel seems to have been around since before beings on Earth were, and it seems like Eve was a monster or some type of being on Earth a long time ago. I'm willing to settle for that.

What doesn't make sense is how her presence would cause him not to have powers. She's been on Earth for quite a few episodes now and Cas has had his powers. I know Cas lost them when he went to Oregon where Eve was, but Eve's line made it seem like even if Cas escaped that town & the state of Oregon that he wouldn't have his powers as long as she was alive.

If something's age causes it to depower beings younger than it, then why didn't the angels back in season 4 cause the demons like Alastair to be powerless? Surely Cas & Uriel are older than those demons, so by the same logic, the demons should have been powerless. But instead, Alastair really put up a strong fight and began chanting the angel exorcism.

Other than this, I really liked the episode. I know they did it because otherwise Cas would have wiped the floors with the monsters & things would have been resolved too easily. But I think they could have made Cas leave to fight his war rather than giving us this reason to have him be helpless. Or they could have made Eve banish him using those Enochian symbols.

I'm sure Eve is more than a monster. She has God like powers in that she can create life. If she can do that, I'm sure blocking Cas' connection to heaven (The source of his Angelic power) is not a problem. Eve is a monster creator, not a monster herself, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Death
      I'm sure Eve is more than a monster. She has God like powers in that she can create life. If she can do that, I'm sure blocking Cas' connection to heaven (The source of his Angelic power) is not a problem. Eve is a monster creator, not a monster herself, as far as I can tell.
      So I'm guessing she is something like God & Death, but on a much lower scale since she could be killed whereas God & Death can't. She herself was probably created by God but got messed up somehow.

But what still doesn't make sense is that Eve's realm or sphere of influence is Purgatory & not Heaven or hell. So in that sense, I don't think she should have the ability to block the source of powers from Heaven since it's not her domain & is supposed to be the most powerful of the 3 realms (Heaven, Purgatory & Hell). Mainly because it's God's domain.

Comment

She said that she was older than them and she knew how they ticked, so like those sigels that can send them away she probably figured out a way to make them loose powers when near here.

What I'm wondering is if she is the mother of all who created her, god?

Or is she even older than him?

Comment

I'd say God is the oldest since He created Heaven and probably Purgatory & Hell too.

I'm wondering, were the alphas ever humans themselves? Are they the first humans to be turned into monsters? Or were they pure monsters who were never humans & created 100% by Eve rather than being turned into monsters by her? My guess is that the latter is the case.

I wonder if Eve has anything to do with the other gods like the ones seen in Hammer of the Gods. I doubt it.

Comment

I just took it as this: Eve was expecting the brothers, and it seems like everything she had done was to lure them in(although, we may never know why Eve saw the brothers as so special), and when they went to Oregon, Eve put on a spell to make Cas powerless. That's how I viewed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
              I just took it as this: Eve was expecting the brothers, and it seems like everything she had done was to lure them in(although, we may never know why Eve saw the brothers as so special), and when they went to Oregon, Eve put on a spell to make Cas powerless. That's how I viewed it.
              My best guess is that Eve knew about the reputation of the Winchesters & knew if anyone could find Crowley, they could. She may have even wanted them there since she knew they were being fooled by Cas about Crowley's death & planned to lay the truth about them because if Cas was involved in torturing monsters with Crowley, then she would have seen him through their eyes. So I think she also wanted to plant a seed of distrust between Cas & the Winchesters, which seemed to have happened at least with Bobby. After Cas tortured the starship sheriff, I think it's pretty obvious that Crowley taught him stuff about torturing since in the past he needed Dean to do that (to Alastair). So I would say Eve must have seen Cas in action through the eyes of her monsters. She would have probably said it too before she died had she not been so full of herself.

Comment

That is possible. I at least wish we had Eve until the end of this season to explore more on why the Winchesters were special to Eve. At least we found out why the angels treated the brothers so special.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                  That is possible. I at least wish we had Eve until the end of this season to explore more on why the Winchesters were special to Eve. At least we found out why the angels treated the brothers so special.
                  Well, if Cas gains access to Purgatory & we eventually see some of the souls there spill out & come to Earth, then we may find out from interactions between them & the Winchesters. I wonder if Eve herself exists now as a soul or some form of spiritual remains in Purgatory.

Comment

I think Cas is a younger angel. I think any of the archangels (I know that conflicts with your theory, but I don't think Cas is Michael/Lucifer strong), or at least Mike and Lucy could have handled her. I think she goes almost as far back as the original four angels, so behind them, Death, and God. But it's kinda hard to say, there's little timeline info. Death made it seem like there was a big old gap of time between him and Lucifer, so hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
                      I think Cas is a younger angel. I think any of the archangels (I know that conflicts with your theory, but I don't think Cas is Michael/Lucifer strong), or at least Mike and Lucy could have handled her. I think she goes almost as far back as the original four angels, so behind them, Death, and God. But it's kinda hard to say, there's little timeline info. Death made it seem like there was a big old gap of time between him and Lucifer, so hard to say.
                      This makes sense. I do think that Cas is much more powerful now than he was back in season 4 when he first appeared or at the end of Swan Song when he got his powers back. Probably about equal to the power Gabriel had, since I'm pretty sure he created a fake Crowley to make it look like he died & instantaneously teleported the real Crowley to a safe location while burning a bag of fake bones or someone else's bones. Before this, he was never able to alter reality like Gabriel did, and this is the only explanation I've had about how Crowley lived back when I predicted it & I used the possibility of this in my theory about Castiel obtaining the power of a lower level archangel sometime between the events of The Third Man and the French Mistake.

Once he taps into the power of the all those souls, if it actually happens & Crowley doesn't take them from him in a move of betrayal, I think he will definitely be at Michael or Lucifer-level strength since whatever he's up to with the "war machine" that the Fate mentioned & Eve reiterated (except she mentioned Crowley instead) is huge.
                      Last edited by xrayvision; 05-02-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎