Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Hartley directing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a newbie director he did a good job. Cut him some slack. PSW knows what they do when they decided to give Justin this job.

Comment

^^Well, he also had a lot of help...he didn't exactly do it alone.

Comment

^^At the end of the day he still pulled it off and that's the important thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
          Exactly! And he did a good job. A very good job. Another person could have done a whole lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
            Not to me.

Comment

It did amuse me that Clark was dressed as a Greek/Roman warrior and Henry Cavill is playing one in a movie, then doing Superman.

Comment

I think he did a good job, but the script was too weak, which didn't help him a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                  It felt like he had a lot of screen time even though he was directing.
                  I know, I was startled. Nearly all other directors cut back their screen time but Justin didn't. Either he was prepared to work extra hard or was that sure of his abilities or something. Either way I think he did a pretty good job his first time out.

Comment

It was Ok for first timer, but not happy with the way some of the characters, were way out of character. In all honesty i don't think JH really gets the female characters especially tess, the guys oliver, zod & clark were great, Tess & Lois were just not themselves. Same thing with sacrifice, Tess & chloe were written into something I did not recognise. Tess really became a sounding board (sacrifice) and a walkover (dominion), thats not my Tess. believe me,I know these ladies can Kick a$$ big time, but they are not the type to resolve to violence at the first call, especially with each other. The fighting scenes were awesome though.

Comment

I thought he did amazing, esp for his first time and esp with that fight scene, that's probably now my fav ever

Comment

He did good! The action and performances were steller. You can tell he really pushed erica to an emotional point. I felt for everyone, even that giant gladiator clark beat the ^&*( out of!

Comment

Justin did an amazing job!!! He should feel so proud of what he achieved, because it was a really well put together episode. I'm just sad that he didn't have a bigger budget to play with (and I think I've read they had to borrow the costumes) - with more money and more time to tell the story I know he would have taken it to an even higher level.

Comment

I haven't seen 300 or the Spartacus several mentioned, but I enjoyed JH directorial debut. I thought he got a better script than most of his acting colleagues when they get to direct. I felt like he captured the PZ well and the lifestyle that Zod had made for himself there.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRanger
                              In all honesty i don't think JH really gets the female characters especially tess, the guys oliver, zod & clark were great, Tess & Lois were just not themselves.
                              That's more to do with writing than directing though. A director can have some influence over how a character comes across but most of that comes from the writing. So if Tess and Lois seems OOC then they probably would have been even if someone else had been directing.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎