No announcement yet.

Justin Hartley directing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Hartley directing

Maybe his directorial debut should have involved less of him trying to do Superman as Snyder would...because Snyder is about to do Superman...better...

reminds me of the zod clark fight with the slow mo and all. overdid it a bit in this episode but i still enjoyed it

Comment

I'm sorry, I think the speed control in the knife fight was waaaaay better than this. This was like a film student's love affair with 300 speed ramping.

Comment

Hartley should have debuted in a low key episode I thought Snyder too when I saw it.

Comment

Harsh words.

Comment

This ep was obviously very influenced by the show Spartacus, the PZ scenes especially

Comment

I liked it...

Comment

Per JH interview, this episode was not only influenced by the 300 but used their props.

I thought it was some of the best fighting Smallville ever had.

Now, I didn't care for the blood slow-mo splatter but I thought it was a good gladiator homage.

I thought Justin did superbly.

Comment

The references were rather good for a change, I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
                    Per JH interview, this episode was not only influenced by the 300 but used their props.

I thought it was some of the best fighting Smallville ever had.

Now, I didn't care for the blood slow-mo splatter but I thought it was a good gladiator homage.

I thought Justin did superbly.
                    ITA I thought it was fantastic, I loved it.

Comment

Was that mask a replica from the Gladiator Movie with Russell Crow? The guy clark beats up?

Which btw GO CLARK!

Comment

the slowmo was a bit much. especially since we've seen that before. but overall i loved that fight scene between clark and ollie.

Comment

Was that mask a replica from the Gladiator Movie with Russell Crow? The guy clark beats up?
                          If it was, it was done first for the movie "300". That's where the props came from.

Comment

Ahhhht here we go. Because that looks like Maximus's helmet but i'f I'm correct that's just the typical style.

Comment

I thought the fight scenes were great. I was on the edge of my seat during the entire episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎