Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Dominion?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I put off watching this episode~ but it didn't matter because it was pretty pointless. It seems like it was everything I had seen before: mashup of the Phantom Zone, Zod, OH NO THE CRYSTAL!, and of course, homoerotic male fighting. I still love Smallville though, but it just seems like this season is so BLAH.

I'm glad I decided to watch the Royal Wedding recaps instead of this episode :O

Comment

• Originally posted by hellokitty
      [/FONT][/SIZE]

I found myself only "liking" it...and I'm hoping they'll make me fall in love with this show again by "Finale" (which, btw, is the dumbest name for a series finale, IMO).
      The finale for Lost was just 'The End'. That's worse IMO (even if the finale was good).

Comment

• True.

Comment

• Is it just me, or anyone else also feel they didn't exactly put that much thought on this episode?

I initially gave it a 7, but now I am thinking I should have given it a 5 or 6... When you truly think about it, the whole premise of the episode was weird. It felt to me that something like this was discussed in the writer's room.

Meanwhile, in the writer's room...

"So, how do we fit Zod coming back to the show?"

"Well, how about the Kandorians sent him to the PZ? That would allow us to show the PZ once again before the show ends..."

"Great idea! He would, then, get possessed by former Zod's phantom and fanboys would love that." (Me: "Yeah, let's forget that Clark was the only one able to send anyone to the PZ..." )

"We could give him a throne full of skulls with omega sign, to link him with Darkseid and he could be the one telling Oliver he is marked. That way, no one is going to say there is no continuity."

"Nice one. I love it." (Me: "Really? No one that knows Oliver realizes that, including Clark and Chloe, and yet, Zod, who barely knows him knew just by looking at him? Even though he didn't have any powers in the zone? Right." )

"But how is Oliver even going to the PZ?"

"Well, we can send Slade Wilson back from the Zone, so that he could become Death Stroke, AND Clark goes there to investigate, and Oliver goes with him. We can even have Zod forcing them to fight. How cool is that?"

"But Clark wouldn't put Oliver in that kind of risk!"

"And who says that Oliver asks him?" (They congratulate themselves over that fantastic idea, while I roll my eyes at the way they love to put those guys working together but not really trusting each other.)

"And what about Lois and Tess? What are they doing?"

"Oh, we could put them against each other to mirror the guys fight."

"Why would Lois fight Tess?"

"Because she is wants to blow up the gate while Clark is there, keeping him trapped into the zone, because she fears Phantoms will escape!"

"We can't do that. People will hate Tess even if she means well. We can't have her betraying Clark."

"We just have to say that Clark gave her that order, and that he didn't tell Lois about it. That will give us for a lovely Clois scene at the end..." (Me: "Seriously? Don't you realize that if Clark has a way of destroying the access to the Zone there is absolutely no reason for him to go there in the first place?" )

And I am positive that if I think about it more, I will find more things that absolutely makes no sense. But I will leave it at that...

Comment

• Is it just me, or anyone else also feel they didn't exactly put that much thought on this episode?
            I feel that way about most episodes this season to be honest.

Comment

• I finally caught up with the show and I actually liked this episode. The PZ scenes are very cinematic and gripping. I was moved by Clark's resolve not to kill his first 'gladiator' opponent. Tom really acted out that scene well. Clark is more Supermanly now than ever before. I give it a 9.

Comment

• 'Dominion' is a good episode. Zod is back and he's in control. Clark and Oliver visit the Phantom Zone to find out how Deathstoke gotten out. Zod told Oliver of the darkness inside of him. They managed to get out and tarpped Zod and buddies in the Phantom Zone for now.

Comment

• Would've been a better episode leading into the finale.

Comment

• Great episode!

Comment

• I loved this episode!

Clark: Was one step ahead of Zod. Way to think on your feet Clark! That was very Supermanly! Loved the red "cape"! Great fight scenes. Clark held his own.
                      Lois: Protecting her man! You go Lois. Glad you made Tess see it your way. If you hadn't Clark & Oliver would still be in the Phantom Zone and there would have been no finale!
                      Oliver: Looking good as always. Great fight scenes. Great directing, Justin.
                      Zod: Nice teeth! Good to see you again. Nice setup for Superman to face Zod again in the future!
                      Tess: Thanks for being one of the good guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎