Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BAMAGIRL
    It doesn't make sense that a TV show gets low ratings because it "sucked"!

How does anyone know a show "sucks" unless they actually tune it to watch it?

Do they have ESP or something?

I guess all the Neilsen households have physic powers so they know when to not tune into to a supposedly bad episode.

And it didn't suck, btw.
    If ppl haven't like this season or lasts it does..

Ur right on that how would someone know if they already gave up on the show..?

No ESP needed when a show is free falling from what it used to be, in the eyes of some older fans.. JMO, tho..

Neilsen ratings are OVERHYPED and NOT a good representation of just exactly who's watching..

The last is.. ur opinion We all have them..

Comment

We're constantly complaining. Sure, the show has seen better days, some episodes are good, some are not so good, but as a fan of the show for ten years now I try to enjoy it while I still can. Soon there won't be any episodes to discuss. :/

Comment

Originally posted by McFly
        And with this post my point i was trying to get across months ago is echoed by another.. A lot of ppl here were hoping for all these high numbers.. Sad truth was we are the only ones left.. Like i said around Supergirl.. Ratings should mean nothing to us here.. Its the final season.. No new viewer watches a final season.. I LOVE SMALLVILLE i don't care if i'm the only one that sees the finale.. I have 10 years invested.. I wanna see a great sendoff.. Regardless of meaningless numbers

Shows i mentioned earlier were comedies, and Lost & 24, were all on major networks that knew how to handle a final season.. Those shows became iconic, what i wanted for SV.. I didn't want to see them end like (NO disrespect to the show) "Buffy" Just in it to please the last remaining fans.. I think this show can be held up to a "24" and needs to go out strong.. Any show that goes 10 years did something right...

Absolutely. It's so true that I have to rewrite it: Any show that goes to 10 years did something right. As I've said, to each their own, but I personally love this series and I will be very sad (I accept it, but I'll be sad, nevertheless) to see it go, and I don't think the series sucks. I don't think this last season does either. I certainly don't envy the position that the show runners are in. It's so hard to please everyone and to fulfill every single expectation that millions of viewers may have... I happen to really like what's going on. I think the final season has made great strides towards making Clark become that super iconic figure... and I believe in him.

I've loved these characters for many years, dedicated so much time and energy to discussing it on this board and just being a fan. I watch this final season with a lot of love and pride. Of course I'd love to see stellar ratings, but that's just not realistic on the CW on a Friday night... So instead, I focus most of my attention on just enjoying the very last new episodes I'll ever get. A show that has survived 10 years definitely did something right.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
          Absolutely. It's so true that I have to rewrite it: Any show that goes to 10 years did something right. As I've said, to each their own, but I personally love this series and I will be very sad (I accept it, but I'll be sad, nevertheless) to see it go, and I don't think the series sucks. I don't think this last season does either. I certainly don't envy the position that the show runners are in. It's so hard to please everyone and to fulfill every single expectation that millions of viewers may have... I happen to really like what's going on. I think the final season has made great strides towards making Clark become that super iconic figure... and I believe in him.

I've loved these characters for many years, dedicated so much time and energy to discussing it on this board and just being a fan. I watch this final season with a lot of love and pride. Of course I'd love to see stellar ratings, but that's just not realistic on the CW on a Friday night... So instead, I focus most of my attention on just enjoying the very last new episodes I'll ever get. A show that has survived 10 years definitely did something right.
          Nicely said...Smallville is the best TV show out there and has amazing episodes and I can hardly wait till the next one airs. It's been a great ride and will be a sad day when it is over but also a wonderful day because Clark becomes Superman and his journey is fullfilled.

Comment

You know I'm willing to bet money that most of the people that haven't enjoyed this season of Smallville will wind up enjoying the finale.

Also, the last season doesn't gurantee series highs in ratings. Look at LOST.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45

Well said!!!

Comment

Can't believe we dipped under 2 mil.

Comment

Always happens this time of the year.

Comment

final numbers?

Comment

Final ratings: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t.../926106863/p/2

Smallville (96% coverage CW normally 95%)
                      - 1.987 million viewers
                      - 1.2/2 HH
                      - 0.8/3 A18-49
                      - 0.8/4 A18-34
                      - 0.8/3 W18-34

I think that 96% coverage is an error.

Comment

Originally posted by wellinglover66
                        I think that 96% coverage is an error.
                        Been like that all week for CW shows. I think it might be a case a new CW station popped up somewhere

Comment

Thanks
                          *Smallville S10 Final & DVR
                          #1 Lazarus ~ *2.98mil. & Live+7= 3.90mil.

#2 Shield ~ *2.38mil. & Live+7= 3.26mil.

#3 Supergirl ~ (P)*2.30mil. & Live+7= 2.93mil.

#4 Homecoming {200th Epi.} ~ *3.19mil. & Live+7= 3.73mil.

#5 Isis ~ *2.60mil. & Live+7= 3.31mil.

#6 Harvest ~ *2.96mil. & Live+7= 3.64mil.

#7 Ambush ~ *2.63mil & Live+7= 3.35mil.

#8 Abandoned ~ (P)*2.90mil. & Live+7= 3.6?mil.

#9 Patriot ~ (P)*2.60mil. & Live+7= 3.23mil.

#10 Luthor ~ (P)*2.76mil.

#11 Icarus ~ *2.55mil.

#12 Collateral ~ *2.38mil. & Live+7= 2.94mil.

#13 Beacon ~ *2.34mil. & Live+7= 2.95mil.

#14 Masquerade ~ *2.22mil. & Live+7= 2.90mil.

#15 Fortune ~ *2.56mil. & Live+7= 3.13mil.

#16 Scion ~ *2.18mil. & Live+7= 2.86mil.

#17 Kent ~ *2.37mil. & Live+7= 2.93mil.

#18 Booster ~ *2.35mil.

#19 Dominion ~ *1.99 mil.

Comment

Even it rounds out to 2 million even, it's still the lowest-rated episode of the season.

Comment

Anyone find the Live+7 for Dominion?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎