No announcement yet.

TV Guide interviews Justin Hartley

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnR
    I won't like that at all. Even if the speculation of Darkseid not having a physical body turns out to be true, they should not go the Oliver-as-his-host way. That would suck ass. I've been defending the Darkseid storyline since the beginning of the season, they better not crap on me like that.
    Although I hate the possession stuff and think it's lazy, I would rather have that and be guaranteed some kind of action rather than alot of smoke and empty threats from pseudo-Satan. That being said, I don't think they will go that route since we already have Oliver vs Clark in this week's episode. Would be kind of repetitive to do it again two episodes later.

Comment

Hope you're right. Cuz I'm gonna be really upset if they actually do it.

Comment

Could someone translate JH's answer about Chlollie in something approximating English? He's saying that the way they end Chlollie, people will be able to see how he ends up with Dinah? They'll see shades of Dollie? They'll look at Chloe and think she IS Dinah?
        I have no clue. He also seems to indicate they go off to do their own things, but it will leave us with a "warm heart".

Ummm, what?

WHAT is with the inability to give comprehensible answers?
        He's been studying at the Souders/Peterson school for interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
          Could someone translate JH's answer about Chlollie in something approximating English? He's saying that the way they end Chlollie, people will be able to see how he ends up with Dinah? They'll see shades of Dollie? They'll look at Chloe and think she IS Dinah?

WHAT is with the inability to give comprehensible answers?

I had figured they would leave Chlollie open-ended to make Chlollie fans happy. It sounds like maybe they're doing that but doing it in such a way that the Dollie fans will be happy too? Or am I misreading his somewhat cryptic response?
          That is the impression I got from what he said, that both Chlollie fans and Dollie fans would be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
            That is the impression I got from what he said, that both Chlollie fans and Dollie fans would be happy.
            The last time we got a episode that tried to make two conflicting ships happy was "Doomsday" I think (For Chlavis and Chimmy fans), and boy....well we all know what became of that.

Man, I wouldn't be surprised if JH ended up getting SEVERAL tweets tonight after people read this interview.

Comment

And that makes sense coming from Souders/Peterson. Because I think thats how they approach things. I still maintain that the Lana arc in S8 was an attempt to give Clana fans an ending they could wank, and then allow Clois fans their ending. So, I can see them leaving it somewhat ambigious, so you don't know if Chlollie stay together, but if you want to believe they do, you can, and if you want to believe he'll end up with Dinah, you can.

Comment

I'm more interested in the Zod, Clark, Ollie conflict in the PZ. Sounds like the fight is going to be very bloody. I'm really interested in how they are getting out of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                  And that makes sense coming from Souders/Peterson. Because I think thats how they approach things. I still maintain that the Lana arc in S8 was an attempt to give Clana fans an ending they could wank, and then allow Clois fans their ending. So, I can see them leaving it somewhat ambigious, so you don't know if Chlollie stay together, but if you want to believe they do, you can, and if you want to believe he'll end up with Dinah, you can.
                  If they really went that route then I'm surprised that they didn't get Alaina back for it since I don't think she was busy filming anything BIG around the time that they were filming the finale parts.

Comment

Originally posted by annad
                    i'm sooo confused about this interview hahahahaha

i didn't understand anything of what he said about chlollie!!! hate it
                    think we all feel same on that one!

Upset bout the part of 'ollie has to go do his thing and chloe goes her way' (not exact quote), in sure thats just another way of saying a break up?

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
                      The last time we got a episode that tried to make two conflicting ships happy was "Doomsday" I think (For Chlavis and Chimmy fans), and boy....well we all know what became of that.

Man, I wouldn't be surprised if JH ended up getting SEVERAL tweets tonight after people read this interview.
                      I disagree, Thomas. They weren't trying to make conflicting shippers happy in Doomsday: they were trying to make Chloe single. There was nothing pleasant for either Chlavis or Chlimmy fans, IMO. The last time they tried to make conflicting shippers happy was Lana's arc, where they tried to give Clana fans their tragic ending, but still made Clark forget Lana in the following episode, with him even contemplating the idea of being with Lois. IMO, it was a disgrace all over.

I have the feeling that Justin is trying to say, very criptically, is that Oliver's mark is going to make him the disgusting person Comic's Oliver is: a guy who is complitely unable to comit to anyone, and sistematically cheats on the woman he loves. In SV, I never got the impression this Oliver could be that guy. Sure he slept with several women over the course of the show, but still, he has been shown as able to commit and be faithfull. He might have cheated on Tess, but he never look at another woman while she was with Lois or Chloe. I always thought that for this guy to become THAT Oliver, something drastic needed to happen.

So, maybe that something drastic is the omega sign. Maybe it does change him in his weak spot (women), and that will be something that Chloe would never tolerate. It is terrible, but considering Clana ending, totally believable, IMO.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

If they really went that route then I'm surprised that they didn't get Alaina back for it since I don't think she was busy filming anything BIG around the time that they were filming the finale parts.
                      They don't like to have the "other ship" around when they do those things. When Clana got their ending, Lois was miles away, remember?
                      Last edited by liana; 04-28-2011, 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I won't lie, I am in shock. I had a feeling that they would leave Chlollie with an open ending so that people would always speculate if they manage to remain together or not. I did think that was the reason why they had Chloe marry Oliver using an identity she has erased. I even thought that they would keep their marriage a secret, and it would be much more a marriage of hearts than anything else. I felt that it was vague enough to allow fans to believe whatever they wanted. I never thought that they would actually address Dollie without Dinah around.
                        I'm shocked too.

lol; well let's just hope that Chlollie fans don't expect that the producers will give Chlollie the happy break up that fans had wanted for Clana back in the day.lol
                        IDK he keeps calling it a warm tender beautiful moment that he thinks we'll all like. It's going to be in the last episode so I would think they wouldn't want anything end on a sad note and I think they know the reaction the Clana breakup.

Maybe Chollie mutual want to partways but remain friends. Basically what many fans wanted for Clana but giving it to Chollie.

Comment

Maybe Chloe pays a price for doing whatever it is she does to save Oliver: she will die in a few years or something. Then Oliver will be free to be with Dinah.

Comment

I disagree, Thomas. They weren't trying to make conflicting shippers happy in Doomsday: they were trying to make Chloe single. There was nothing pleasant for either Chlavis or Chlimmy fans, IMO. The last time they tried to make conflicting shippers happy was Lana's arc, where they tried to give Clana fans their tragic ending, but still made Clark forget Lana in the following episode, with him even contemplating the idea of being with Lois. IMO, it was a disgrace all over.

I have the feeling that Justin is trying to say, very criptically, is that Oliver's mark is going to make him the disgusting person Comic's Oliver is: a guy who is complitely unable to comit to anyone, and sistematically cheats on the woman he loves. In SV, I never got the impression this Oliver could be that guy. Sure he slept with several women over the course of the show, but still, he has been shown as able to commit and be faithfull. He might have cheated on Tess, but he never look at another woman while she was with Lois or Chloe. I always thought that for this guy to become THAT Oliver, something drastic needed to happen.

So, maybe that something drastic is the omega sign. Maybe it does change him in his weak spot (women), and that will be something that Chloe would never tolerate. It is terrible, but considering Clana ending, totally believable, IMO.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

They don't like to have the "other ship" around when they do those things. When Clana got their ending, Lois was miles away, remember?

Well when you put it that way, it does make a lot of sense. I'm scratching my head to figure this all out because JH does have a history of giving off answers that are like the opposite of what we eventually end up getting in the episodes.lol

I mean JH said that we'd get images (visuals) or something to that effect in regards to this Dollie Comic books thing, or something to that effect, so I'm wondering on what's going on there.

Personally, Idk what's really going on with this, since we've had Kelly Souders/Brian Peterson along with Allison Mack having given good news about the state of Chlollie in the finale, so this is the first time that we've heard of something...off track.

I mean before this, we heard things like how DC was willing to let Oliver in this ficitional universe be married to a different blonde, and AM said that Chloe would have her happy ending in the finale and she didn't say anything ill bearing like in regards to the status of Chlollie.

My head hurts.lol

Comment

But you forgot the most important thing of all.

The Vandyke! Where will that come from? This is SV so there has to be some apocalyptic reason for him to grow one.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                                He's been studying at the Souders/Peterson school for interviews.
                                All of the actors seem to have done that.

"So the thing about the finale is that it's really...well, I think the thing that you'll all find is that there's so much old and new and it's all wrapped up and then there's this great conclusion to the story, but of course it's a jumping off point. And of course there are characters that will be leaving, but everyone's going to be around until the end. I think what's really great about it is that there's this message about how Superman is this hero who's so alone and is destined to be, but then there's this really great wedding I think everyone can look forward to. Because the love story is just such a great part of the mythos, so it's important that we show that Lois is his destiny."

And I start wondering if they're on drugs or if I somehow got slipped a mickey. Or maybe I need to be...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎