Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Last Day?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this episode- after quite few weeksof the story sort of trailing along, so much happened this weekl

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
      I don't necessarily approve of what Damon did either. It was selfish, but Elena is being more selfish. She would rather die than become a vampire. I don't see how anyone could support that decision.

Interesting view. I don't see how she is being selfish. I don't see it as Elena being selfish. What's wrong choosing death over being a vampire? You're not supposed to live forever. It's not her fault she's a doppelganger and Klaus is after her. I actually thought it really brave of Elena to turn down the opportunity to live forever, a lot of people would jump at the chance, no matter if they would end up killing or hurting humans. It shows she's not her mother, who jumped at the chance. Look what happened to her mother.

Comment

[B]I have to post this here coz I am sooo upset with Stefanīs reaction in this ep (and his "Damonīs is the one to blame" ever atitude) and also coz Iīm tired of hearing ppl crush Damon down, blaming him for everything...
        I always said heīs a vampire and his behavior can not be citicized coz of that. Itīs his nature. Nature of a true vampire. And thatīs why his always in pain and conflict with himself. He doesnīt want to be like this but he also canīt deny and run from what he is.

So, I found someone who shares the same feelings abt Damon with me. This was one of the quotes from a fan answered by Julie Plec in a twiter interview:

[B]Q: i was reading one of his interviews, and i noticed that you do not understand why the fans are always Delena side of damon. i do not know if it was a joke or what, so let me explain, you helped create it. a story. an imaginary world. who can really say what is right or wrong? Damon can do horrible things and crazy. but what he does is for love. And when any vampire kills to protect or feed, or just for fun, is no different from humans and vampires were real, they would be on top of the chain aliemntar. they would be us. So i think to make judgments about how these creatures behave is nonsense. Also, i'll always defend Damon because i see humanity in him. humans do stupid things, reckless and hideous. we do not think before they act, and get angry at ourselves for that. we make choices right or wrong and that's what i see in Damon. I see good and evil, love and hate ... it is his human side. I do not see the same at Stefan. i just see it mr.. perfect, sr. angel, who looks up and down ... except yesterday, because i really felt his emotions. Could say that he understood what Damon did, because years ago when Damon returned, he felt. i really hope that Stefan is a character with multiple facets, such as those of Damon, because so far i have not seen too much. So yes, i can understand more easily and Damon to me is more real, and his humanity is manifested in different ways, so I'll always be by his side and I always try to understand his actions. Moreover, recent episodes have been fantastic and I hope they continue to not disappoint. Thank you for creating a fantastic show full of emotions. I love dtv, love the writing.

A: whatever you said about Damon is right. It was the way we built it. And struggling with his humanity, suffering is caused by the fact that this is new for him. This worked for so long, it;s like a new skin for him. Not always knowing what is the best way to control it. This is a big mess. He returns to behave as before, then feel remorse. then he changes for the better, and sometimes we can not control. He is making a trip.

I totally agree with that fan opinion.
        Last edited by rej@ne; 05-03-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
          Interesting view. I don't see how she is being selfish. I don't see it as Elena being selfish. What's wrong choosing death over being a vampire? You're not supposed to live forever. It's not her fault she's a doppelganger and Klaus is after her. I actually thought it really brave of Elena to turn down the opportunity to live forever, a lot of people would jump at the chance, no matter if they would end up killing or hurting humans. It shows she's not her mother, who jumped at the chance. Look what happened to her mother.
          I agree, I think Elena has a right to decide how she lives her life, it is her life afterall, she has to live with her actions and if she doesn't want to be a bloodsucking vampire then so be it. If she wants to stay human, have kids, grow old, live a full human life then that's her choice and that choice shouldn't have been taken away from her. Damon was the one being selfish when he forced her to drink his blood imo, he was thinking about what her loss would do it too him, not how Elena would feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
            he was thinking about what her loss would do it too him, not how Elena would feel.
            Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
              Good point about his "relationship" with Andie; at first he casually chose to use her out of boredom, but now it's evolved into their own "friends with benefits" arrangement, and for what it's worth, I think that's the kind of relationship he needs right now, it's the kind of thing I'm sure he could've had with Rose if she'd lived. I loved the way they worked together in this one.
              Speaking of Andie, what happened to her? I was expecting a twist with her. If she was just there for Damon to have fun, it kind of seems like a missed opportunity.

Comment

Speaking of Andie, what happened to her? I was expecting a twist with her. If she was just there for Damon to have fun, it kind of seems like a missed opportunity.
                I think they fact that Damon left her alive when he did was the point of her storyline, Julie said not killing Andie was his biggest step this season in regaining his humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                  She is leaving behind a lot of people that love her when she has the opportunity to stay with them. That's selfish in my opinion.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I think they fact that Damon left her alive when he did was the point of her storyline, Julie said not killing Andie was his biggest step this season in regaining his humanity.
                  That makes sense, but I would have liked to have seen more of her.
                  Last edited by Dexter; 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

She is leaving behind a lot of people that love her when she has the opportunity to stay with them. That's selfish in my opinion.
                    But then so are the people who want her to become a vampire, they're thinking about how her death would affect them as opposed to how she would feel. To hell with how Elena feels about being a vampire, she's undead that's all that counts? no matter how depressed she might be about her new existence?

Comment

But then so are the people who want her to become a vampire, they're thinking about how her death would affect them as opposed to how she would feel. To hell with how Elena feels about being a vampire, she's undead that's all that counts? no matter how depressed she might be about her new existence?
                      I would hope that being alive for her friends and family would outweigh how she feels about being a vampire. If she really loved Stefan, she would turn for him rather than leaving him.

And Caroline is a prime example this. She never had a choice and yet she is making the best of it.

As for Andie, there were spoilers saying she was supposed to get revenge on Damon and that she was going to have a scene with Elena about Damon. Apparently the actress leaked the Klaus script because Julie tweeted "whoever leaked the script, not cool".

Could they have cut her scenes because of that? It would explain her abrupt conclusion.

Comment

I would hope that being alive for her friends and family would outweigh how she feels about being a vampire. If she really loved Stefan, she would turn for him rather than leaving him.

And Caroline is a prime example this. She never had a choice and yet she is making the best of it.
                        Yes, but Caroline didn't have any say in the matter at the time. Who knows what she would've thought before she was turned.

Now, for the sake of argument, say Elena just happened to have vamp blood inside her (for any reason; insert your own here). Then she dies unexpectedly by something beyond her control, and comes back as a vampire.

NOW, if she still wanted to kill herself, that would lend more credence to the idea that she's simply being selfish (my own personal thoughts on suicide notwithstanding). But she's not at that point yet so not wanting to be a vampire is certainly within her rights IMO.

And alot of us seem to be overlooking the fact that Elena isn't actually looking to die anymore (I should point out right now, it was in part thanks to Stefan that she decided to fight back at all)! She chose to assume one of the biggest risks in trusting Elijah to help her find a way to live. She did it without the brothers' approval and followed her own instincts, and when Elijah actually had a concrete plan that ostensibly saved everyone's lives, Damon did what he did because **** it, at least he'd be satisfied that she's still walking around. Elena even went to Damon and assured him that she would live through this and he wouldn't ever lose her, so much for trust and faith. Elijah said it best, Damon talks a good game, but in the end he has no idea if it would or wouldn't have worked.

And what did Damon do after that? he went to Klaus and tacitly agreed to die as long as Elena was spared! This argument against dying willingly, I think Damon shredded that in his last scenes of this episode.

Comment

I forgot to comment here last week so I thought I'd drop in here and give it its well-deserved ten before I watch the next episode. This show just gets better and better

Comment

I am simply loving this show more & more with each passing eppy!

That said, I seriously don't get the whole "Klaus" scary. I find his character boring. However, I do like the addition of Elijah, and was glad to see his character back -I hope they find a way to keep him, but ditch Klaus.

I hope Elena DOES become a vampire. She and Jenna can blood-bond

This particular eppy was great - I love seeing "impulsive/wreckless/kinda wicked Damon" as opposed to moon-eyed Damon. And one thing I am hoping is that eventually Stefen & Elena will break up & Elena will be with Damon, at least for a time. She needs to know what it's like to love BOTH brothers, as Katherine (supposedly) did. I also hope that Katherine doesn't die; I very much enjoy ND playing both E & K.

On another note... why no Bonnie/Jeremy this eppy? I would like to see them play up Bonnie's character a bit more, and I think Steven McQueen can do a lot more with his character as well; however, that's a writer's perog.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎