View Poll Results: Is Amy Adam's the right choice for Lois Lane?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I don't think Adams was the right choice for Lois Lane

49 29.34%
  • Yes. I think Adams is a great choice for Lois Lane

74 44.31%
  • I'm not sure yet about it yet

44 26.35%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Amy Adams as Lois Lane

Does anyone else get the feeling that she is just not Lois Lane? I don't know if I sound crazy or something but when I see her I don't think Lois Lane. I am going to watch the movie and I hope she does a good job though. I want to hear what everyone else has to say about this.

The same thing be said about Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder when they were initially cast for Superman. Adams is possibly the strongest, most accomplished actress to ever be cast for the role and has shown to have a pretty good range over the last several years.

I hope that she does well in it. My opinion is that she is a way better actress than Kate Bosworth from what I have seen. This movie should be better than SR.

I'll say that when I found out about the casting I was a little shocked and I couldn't decide whether it was a good or bad casting decision. So far most of her roles have painted her as sweet and cute and she's always been strawberry blonde to a red-head, and none of that screams Lois Lane to me. But she is an actress who can actually act and judging from the way she threw herself into Enchanted and really channeled what it meant to be a Disney Princess while forming her own sort of princess makes me feel like she'll take a similar approach with Lois Lane: she'll look at what has been done before, do some research on the character, and then make the role her own. I'm sure her hair will be darkened to some degree from the red that it usually is, and once all of that happens I think it'll be interesting to see what the end result looks like.

If nothing else I'm excited to see what she does with the role. For being a surprise casting decision I at least feel confident that she has the potential to do the role justice, which is better than I can say for other actresses that were being thrown around as possible choices. It's interesting, even though she's an established actress it's almost like she's as much of a gamble as Cavill is. She has to break her "type" and he has to prove that he can be not only a leading man but can launch a franchise--heck he has to save a franchise and reinvent the character for a modern audience. Whew!

Yes! Awesome choice. Love Amy!!!

I like the choice of Amy Adams... she has really shown her chops throughout her career. Just look at her most recent example, The Fighter. She plays one tough chick in that movie. I have confidence that she'll be an awesome Lois Lane.

Didn't we already have a thread about Amy Adams as Lois Lane?

I thought it was many pages long... what happened to that thread?

ERICA DURANCE is the best Lois Lane ever period.

I think if Amy can pull off the Reporter Attitude, she can do it. Have her hair cut like in the movie July/Julia, cause she can pull off that. She, in my opinion, kinda sounds like Teri Hatcher... Everyone else notice that?
    I think she'll be good if she can pull it off!

So happy with this choice
    she's a great actress, I'm sure she'll do a great job

New In Town
    I'm totally against the idea of it. Amy just doesn't look like a Lois Lane. I'm still gonna see the movie...but I hope she proves me wrong...

Hollywood can make Amy look like a Lois. Her acting is really great, and hope she studies the character from the comics to have her acting down to the last bit of the actual character from the books. I would wonder if Erica Durance would of been approached for the role if she would of auditioned ?

Im taking a wait & see attitude. Ive seen her in a few things and found her to be a very talented actress but to be honest....Ive pretty much seen them all from Coates and Neil to Bosworth and not a single one of those actresses have hit the mark like Erica Durance did.
    Miss Adams has her work cut out for her to do a better job than E.D. did.

Quote Originally Posted by CKisbeast99 View Post
    She, in my opinion, kinda sounds like Teri Hatcher... Everyone else notice that?
    I think she'll be good if she can pull it off!
    I just watched a few Episodes of Lois & Clark and then Julie & Julia..I have to say yes! She totally sounds like Teri Hatcher It was almost creepy Well that's first very good predisposition for Amy..she already sounds like Lois Lane

Banned
    9 Waddington Way, Skegness, Lincolnshire UK
    The red hair makes her more like Vicki Vale.

This is what she would look like with dark hair.

This is her fat in the Smallville episode.
    Last edited by glynis23@hotmail.co.uk; 05-18-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast