No announcement yet.

The Suit Doesn't Make The Hero

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Suit Doesn't Make The Hero

Anyone think this line was almost breaking the forth wall? I think of course it was related to the story, but it wad also a line for us fans who are begging for the suit.

Yeah, someone mentioned that over in the quotes thread. I'd like to think that's what they were going for. It's kind of funny to think about.

Comment

the last couple of episodes they have been throwing shots at us with lines like this, im surprise people didnt notice

Comment

the suit doesnt make the hero, but it damn sure helps

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
          Yeah, someone mentioned that over in the quotes thread. I'd like to think that's what they were going for. It's kind of funny to think about.
          That was me, that was me! *jumps up and down*

It was my first thought when Tom said that. It had to be at least partially directed at us.

But dear Tom, sorry to have to tell you: You won´t get out of this without wearing the suit!

Comment

^^

I always thought the same thing. It's the person, not what he wears.

Comment

hope they aren't trying to tell us that he won't wear the suit in the finale.

Comment

Well, the premise of the show has always been 'no flight, no tights'. Clark ripped his shirt open in this episode, flying buttons and all so I don't think they are going to repeat it again. I always imagined the last scene of the show would have him running towards the camera and opening his shirt to reveal the Superman shield, but I don't think we'll even get that, since it happened 3 episodes before. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                  Well, the premise of the show has always been 'no flight, no tights'. Clark ripped his shirt open in this episode, flying buttons and all so I don't think they are going to repeat it again. I always imagined the last scene of the show would have him running towards the camera and opening his shirt to reveal the Superman shield, but I don't think we'll even get that, since it happened 3 episodes before. Oh well.

that old no flights/no tights went out the window long ago. this is the finale, they have no choice but to put him in the suit and have him fly. the internet would implode if they choose not too make him superman.

Comment

I thought it was a great line not even in regards to the suit thing and the fans, but to go with the episode. Clark and Lois at the DP, trouble sweeps in town, Clark goes and saves the day. The fact that he wasn't wearing the suit didn't make him less super heroic at all. His behavior, his speeches, was all Supes.
                    That said though, I'm 100% we WILL get to see him don the suit in the Finale.

Comment

The perfect Smallville ending IMO is to recreate the original Superman movie scene when he flys out of the FOS for the first time. I'm thinking thats why the suit is locked up there.

So after Clark has stopped Darkseid and completed what he needed to do before he reveals himself to the world, he'll go to the FOS and put on the suit. It would rock if they play the Superman theme in the final scene while he flys out of it.

Comment

We know he's going to wear, but some had a problem with Clark saving people, but not wearing the suit. Clark has been a hero without the suit, but we know he's going to eventfully wear it, but some only see the suit.

Comment

The people who want a Superman Movie ending, doesn't it seem too lightswtich? One of the things they've been focusing on other than the bumbling Clark Kent is that he HAS to step out of the shadows, I really don't want that to be an Offscreen moment.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'd see the fires burning down CW studios as far south as Florida if they don't show "flight in the tights" in the finale. Personally, I hope we don't just get a few seconds of flight and the suit at the very end, I hope we get him doing some saving and kicking a little arse before the closing credits.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
                              The perfect Smallville ending IMO is to recreate the original Superman movie scene when he flys out of the FOS for the first time. I'm thinking thats why the suit is locked up there.

So after Clark has stopped Darkseid and completed what he needed to do before he reveals himself to the world, he'll go to the FOS and put on the suit. It would rock if they play the Superman theme in the final scene while he flys out of it.
                              Yes yes yes! 100% agree. Even the previews I've been seeing for the finale with the Supes music and the big "S" at the end of the preview almost puts me to tears. CLASSIC Superman.

Which is exactly why I'm sick of these teaser lines. I nearly died when he ran into the phone booth and just whirled into that stupid jacket. Waste of a phone booth scene. Superman is classic, Lois & Clark are a classic love story, they made us wait 10 years, and like schmucks we all did because we are loyal Supes fans!

They should be telling themselves Go Big Or Go Home! If they don't bring it for the finale the series will only live in infamy due to an epic fail.

BRING ME A FLYING SUPERMAN Smallville! You tease me 10 ways to Sunday but at the end of the 10-year day, all I want is what I wanted on day 1. <3

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎