Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand the hype

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOD EDIT I don't think I'm one of a kind. I first started watching Superman on TV with George Reeves when I was a kid and have been hooked ever since. Smallville is a great show of a super hero coming of age giving hope which is uplifting for everyone and not just for the young. We had Superman first and I don't mind sharing.
    Last edited by Atomic girl; 04-23-2011, 11:39 PM. Reason: removed quote - don't feed the troll

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
      Do you? Because I certainly don't understand it at all. The episode was good, but not as good as it was hyped to be. Certainly not.
      Extremely hype
      The episode was good, but It's the worst that GJ wrote.
      This season is one of the best.

Comment

I don't understand the deal with this episode either. Everyone's like promoting it like it's a good episode, web columnists, an advance review from this site..and then I watch the episode and it's like, eh? that's it. Eric Mastoff as booster gold I give him that, he was fantastic. The whole episode though? no.

Comment

I'm sort of half convinced that all the advanced reviewers got to see another cut of this episode. A better cut. Because while I understand and respect that opinions will differ on any SV episode, depending on preferences and such, I just really didn't see at all some of the things that I read about in reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
            I don't understand the deal with this episode either. Everyone's like promoting it like it's a good episode, web columnists, an advance review from this site..and then I watch the episode and it's like, eh? that's it. Eric Mastoff as booster gold I give him that, he was fantastic. The whole episode though? no.
            Difference of opinion. Fairly common.

Comment

Booster Gold was annoying.

Comment

I think all the hype comes from Geoff Johns writing the episode just like with the other episodes he wrote. Personally, I'd rather have episodes featuring Clark than some new super heroes brought in to take Clark's hero thunder, but that's me.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAM-el
                  I KNOW I'm in the minority, but I HATED it. I'm waiting for Lex, he's MY only hope for any redemption of the series at this point. It has completely lost me as far as the canon is concerned & turned into meaningless drivel...
                  We are in the minority - I did not like it eigher.
                  I am sure the fan boys loved it. They love
                  Geof Johns. I think AJ was over rated. The first hour was boring and b/c I'm not a fan boy,I was lost most of the second hour.

I did like Legion b/c the charactors from the future explained themselves.

I guess you can say the same for Booster but I had no idea who the Blue Beetle was.

And I guess seeing bumbling nerd Clark was just icing on the cake.

For a long time SV borrrowed heavily from the CR Superman movies when they run out of original ideas but now they just borrow from the DC comic world of Superman.

MOD EDIT
                  Last edited by Atomic girl; 04-23-2011, 11:40 PM. Reason: removed quote and response - do not feed trolls

Comment

I think the ep did lived up to the hype, it was a great episode and a highlight of season 10. But i mean its the reporters jobs to get the hype going and buzz about the episodes, you want a postive buzz, its better than critics panning them, and that makes me so mad! All these Booster articles and interviews were awesome. I enjoyed the ep, but it wasnt hyped like a premier, 200 ep or AJ. It was just an event ep that delievered the popcorn goods.

Comment

This episode was good for what it was. It accomplished everything it set out to be, the episodes plot made sense and was self contained, the directing and acting was great. I just wasn't a huge fan of the plot. The first half was a bit too campy but after the exchange between Booster Gold and Clark the episode got good and a lot of things fell in place. I'd say Booster would be the equivalent to Idol in S9. A good DP themed episode that was pretty self contained and effectively accomplished everything it set out to be. I don't think it was it good as his other episodes but it was a different feel from his other episodes.

MOD EDIT
                      Originally posted by BadToad
                      I'm sort of half convinced that all the advanced reviewers got to see another cut of this episode. A better cut. Because while I understand and respect that opinions will differ on any SV episode, depending on preferences and such, I just really didn't see at all some of the things that I read about in reviews.
                      I mean like I said this episode was great for what it wanted to be but I'm not sure if I'd say it's better than Legion, AJ, Homecoming or Luthor. Maybe better than Luthor but it was just slightly underwhelming. Like I said I think it was an improved version of Idol which I did quite enjoy.
                      Last edited by Atomic girl; 04-23-2011, 11:41 PM. Reason: don't feed trolls

Comment

Though to be fair I suppose I came in expecting to hate this episode... most of the Superhero meets Clark stories have made Clark look like a looser. So for me there was no pre-hype. This did a good job showing his strengths and actually keeping at Lest Booster very much in character.

Comment

I didn't know there was any more hype than usual.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SnowBird
                          I think all the hype comes from Geoff Johns writing the episode just like with the other episodes he wrote. Personally, I'd rather have episodes featuring Clark than some new super heroes brought in to take Clark's hero thunder, but that's me.
                          Oh got it.
                          Last edited by LuthorKent90; 04-23-2011, 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                            It may be possible that advanced reviewers may have seen a different cut of an SV episode than what was shown on TV. I wonder if a cut of Booster they saw had any deleted scenes that didn't make it on air.

Comment

What hype are we talking about? I don't remember anybody hyping this episode up. In fact, after watching the preview I thought this epsiode was supposed to be a dud.

What is this hype you speak of?

Comment

What is this hype you speak of?
                                Lots of stuff on twitter. From SV crew, from publicists for the CW, and WB. Then there were several advance reviews, all glowing. One person said that the episode contained the best Clois scene ever.

For a SV ep, there was a lot of hype. And hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think it might have impacted expectations. JMO

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎