Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand the hype

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again it is a matter of content versus delivery. They think because the content is good that they can delivery it anyway and think we will love it. Nah doesn't work like that at all.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by actaeon
    I don't understand what you mean by "hype". The CW promoting it? I don't think it was promoted all that heavily. And when a network does promote a show, would you expect them to advertise it as "eh... it's okay."?

Or do you mean by "hype" that a lot of viewers liked it? That's not hype, that's positive reaction. Why did a lot of people react positively? I suppose because they liked it. I liked it; I thought it was funny. I liked the Clois stuff. I liked the phone booth bit. When I say these things, I'm not "hyping" the episode, I'm giving my reaction. "Hype" implies some kind of ulterior motive, some vested interest.

He means the interviews and the reviews before it aired and them saying it is the best eppy. They did hype it up, it says so on the new page lol
    Last edited by aerdna; 04-23-2011, 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't watch trailors or look too far ahead so it's all good to me. I used to read every word or spoilers and anything else that was written and then would be very disappointed when the episode would air. Now just enjoying evey episode as it comes and discuss it after the fact.

Comment

I thought it was childish and if you compare it to season nine this is where some of the problems lie with season ten IMO

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by KRAM-el
        I KNOW I'm in the minority, but I HATED it. I'm waiting for Lex, he's MY only hope for any redemption of the series at this point. It has completely lost me as far as the canon is concerned & turned into meaningless drivel...
        I am with ya
        Last edited by aerdna; 04-23-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
          Do you? Because I certainly don't understand it at all. The episode was good, but not as good as it was hyped to be. Certainly not.
          Forward motion with promise of more to come... what's not to love?

Comment

I went in to this episode with high expectations. Booster is a character that I've liked for a long time. My expectations were not only met, but exceeded by the portrayal of the character, the writing, and directing of "Booster".

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              Do you? Because I certainly don't understand it at all. The episode was good, but not as good as it was hyped to be. Certainly not.
              I did not understand it either. Seems that's been the case with all the eps GJ has written. There's been soooooo much hype into them and then....IMO they're just ok episodes.

~K

Comment

I was a bit under-whelmed with this episode to be honest. It was an entertaining enjoyable episode, but I was expecting a bit more.

Comment

I'm much more of a Superman "purist", and much older than most of the fans here. I've been acquainted with the Supes canon since the mid 1960's (a LONG time ago) & seen it go through many changes (some of which I didn't mind, some of which I laughed at, some I out-and-out loathed). I really loved the idea of SV in it's early stages, but sadly I watched it degrade (IMO) over the years. I got hooked early on & despite the torture I'm going to see it through. If there is a positive here, as a writer myself, I'm using it as a great guideline & lesson plan on how NOT to screw-up a perfectly good (and historically significant) comic-book canon. That's about all I can say on the subject...
                  Whoa youre over 50, wow didnt expect that. Anyways I pretty much agree with all your thoughts

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm much more of a Superman "purist", and much older than most of the fans here. I've been acquainted with the Supes canon since the mid 1960's (a LONG time ago) & seen it go through many changes (some of which I didn't mind, some of which I laughed at, some I out-and-out loathed). I really loved the idea of SV in it's early stages, but sadly I watched it degrade (IMO) over the years. I got hooked early on & despite the torture I'm going to see it through. If there is a positive here, as a writer myself, I'm using it as a great guideline & lesson plan on how NOT to screw-up a perfectly good (and historically significant) comic-book canon. That's about all I can say on the subject...
                    There is no singular Superman canon. It is always being tweaked and rewritten depending on medium and editorial dictate. If you live another fifty years, expect it to be changed again and again. It's fiction that has been interpreted by dozens of writers.

Which canon do you consider pure? The stories where Clark knew Lex as a child? The ones where he was actually Superboy? The one where he hung out with the Legion of Superheros? The one with Streaky the Supercat? How about when he was Kal-L? The version where Johnathan Kent is alive or dead?

I accept S'ville for what it is, one of many interpretations of the Superman mythos approved by DC comics.

Comment

"Streaky the supercat" ... *gets on the phone to TPTB*

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
                        Whoa youre over 50, wow didnt expect that. Anyways I pretty much agree with all your thoughts

Hey, a few of us are in their 50's and still love SV.I have been a fan of every incarnation of Superman since 1961 (do the math)!

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                          Hey, a few of us are in their 50's and still love SV.I have been a fan of every incarnation of Superman since 1961 (do the math)!
                          A fan of every incarnation?

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                            And older.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu

I liked it. Not a masterpiece but none of Smallville episodes was a masterpiece...yet.
                              They say that hope is the last thing you lose...
                              It was the best of the second part of season 10 until now so I am kind of relieved.
                              And I agree with someone that said that nothing worse than silver age Superman.

Comment

Booster was an OK episode, I really don't care that much for Booster Gold and the few scenes that Clark had were great but not enough for me to love the episode, I give it 3 out 5 phone booths LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎