Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best 'Comic' episode we have had ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

run and legion

Comment

So many great episodes! Justice, Arrow, Aqua and Booster all get my vote.

Comment

Aboslout justice was amazing but i gofor run coz it was just so new and fresh for clark to meet another super-powered guy who wasnt just a freak of the week

Comment

I think Legion was the best....... but maybe just because I like the legion a lot...

I LOVED Justice.... didn't realize it was on the poll........ and Absolute Justice was great, but Legion wins for me.... tied with Justice

Comment

In the minority here but I'd go with Justice then Booster. While most of Absolute Justice was a great episode, the fact that Clark could not overpower Freeze boy by himself just made Clark look too weak. I understand the point of the episode was the need for teamwork, but to me it is a given that in any Justice League ensemble, Superman is clearly the most powerful - first among equals if you will. Justice League episodes or comics that stressed the need for teamwork usually revolved around either a threat too large for one person, even Superman, or too many threats for one person to deal with. Clark should have been able to just tap Ice boy on the head to subdue him. If the episode was supposed to be about the older Justice Society teaching the young Justice League a lesson in teamwork, then the threat (plot device) should have been written accordingly.

Comment

Very difficult list as most of them (with exception of Siren) was really good. I guess I will go with Absolute Justice, then Legion, then Run

Comment

Absolute Justice, definitely!! Then Run, then Legion.

Comment

Originally posted by old guy
                  In the minority here but I'd go with Justice then Booster. While most of Absolute Justice was a great episode, the fact that Clark could not overpower Freeze boy by himself just made Clark look too weak. I understand the point of the episode was the need for teamwork, but to me it is a given that in any Justice League ensemble, Superman is clearly the most powerful - first among equals if you will. Justice League episodes or comics that stressed the need for teamwork usually revolved around either a threat too large for one person, even Superman, or too many threats for one person to deal with. Clark should have been able to just tap Ice boy on the head to subdue him. If the episode was supposed to be about the older Justice Society teaching the young Justice League a lesson in teamwork, then the threat (plot device) should have been written accordingly.
                  I get what you're saying... and I definitely think that Clark could have taken Ice Boy all on his own, but by overtaking him with the team, I think it made them a stronger unit. I re-watched "Absolute Justice" a few months ago and it is a fantastic episode for sure, but it's hard to find a Goeff Johns episode that doesn't focus on team work or group efforts. I think "Booster" is really the only Johns episode (to my recollection) that had Clark as the main problem solver. I mean, Jaime sure felt like Booster saved the day, but it was Clark's words that led to the save.

The more I watch episodes, the more I find to enjoy... but I still love "Cyborg" and "Run" as far as comic episodes go- they're one-on-one encounters with Clark that give these future heroes hope.
                  Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 04-26-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
                    I get what you're saying... and I definitely think that Clark could have taken Ice Boy all on his own, but by overtaking him with the team, I think it made them a stronger unit. I re-watched "Absolute Justice" a few months ago and it is a fantastic episode for sure, but it's hard to find a Goeff Johns episode that doesn't focus on team work or group efforts. I think "Booster" is really the only Johns episode (to my recollection) that had Clark as the main problem solver. I mean, Jaime sure felt like Booster saved the day, but it was Clark's words that led to the save.

The more I watch episodes, the more I find to enjoy... but I still love "Cyborg" and "Run" as far as comic episodes go- they're one-on-one encounters with Clark that give these future heroes hope.
                    I understand that the emphasis was on teamwork, but seeing as how Clark could have taken down the villain without any trouble, the additional help of his teammates should not have been significant. For a "comic book episode", I would have preferred that the lesson be that there can be either a) a big enough threat that we (including Clark) realizes that even Clark could lose without the help of a team or b) multiple threats so that one hero, even with the abilities of Clark, cannot be everywhere without being able to count on teammates. I don't see Ice boy meeting either criteria, thus it isn't the best "comic book episode" to me.

Comment

AJ

Comment

"Absolute Justice"
                        "Justice"
                        "Legion"

They've all been good though and the best parts of the show.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎