Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else's heart jump at this scene?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the point of the scene, but I couldn't understand Lois' words just before the pan to the glasses.

Does anyone else know what was said?

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
      I have no idea why Clark ripped open his shirt. It was so random, and also obvious, because I know we were supposed to all go "GASP! Like Superman rips open his shirt". But in context, it just came off as really silly to me. JMO
      I thought it was because he was so frustrated with the whole nerdy disguise he just ripped the shirt and tie off to get out of it as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ek12
        I thought it was because he was so frustrated with the whole nerdy disguise he just ripped the shirt and tie off to get out of it as fast as possible.
        No, you're right, that's pretty much it. He was frustrated with the whole "nerdy" thing because of how he thought it would make Lois look.

Plus there was a visual pun in the fact that he ripped his shirt open and instead of it being a \S/ underneath, it was just a plain white shirt - emphasizing the whole "ordinary nerd" thing instead of the "hero" underneath.

Comment

I laughed because he was all frustrated, rips shirt and all lois could think about was jumping his steel bones. If anything she seemed more frustrated that he had a t-shirt on.

----- Added 38 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by morrigan01
          No, you're right, that's pretty much it. He was frustrated with the whole "nerdy" thing because of how he thought it would make Lois look.

Plus there was a visual pun in the fact that he ripped his shirt open and instead of it being a \S/ underneath, it was just a plain white shirt - emphasizing the whole "ordinary nerd" thing instead of the "hero" underneath.
          nice observation
          Last edited by alienkinfolk; 04-22-2011, 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wrong. Because Lois reassured him she didn't care if people thought she was marrying a geek.
            Of couse she did. Why would she even care about what others thought? She would have to be really insecure of herself to care.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who saw the scene that way.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                Of couse she did. Why would she even care about what others thought? She would have to be really insecure of herself to care.
                "I swear, the guy could tell me he was from Mars right now, and I would find a way to dismiss it as an endearing quirk." - Lois in Hydro.

It would have been totally un-Lois Lane for her to care about such a thing personally. And Lois has rarely ever cared what other people thought of her.

It shows how utterly sweet Clark is that he was worried how people would view her being with him having to act that way, and that he was frustrated by it. I don't think any guy would like it if they thought people were looking at his gf/fiancée and thinking she could do better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  It's hard to explain what I thought they were trying to address in that scene. On one end, it seemed like Clark had been struggling with what the disguise would do to Lois's reputation. Then, it seemed to be about Clark struggling with her nonchalant attitude at the idea of him projecting such an ordinary, "nerdy" persona to the people around her...*sigh* This is hard to explain. It was like he was asking her if it was ok to camouflage his greatness underneath such an ordinary facade as if it was at her expense and not his (Hence, the white shirt instead of the S?). I think he's been worried that she's been going along with it for his sake and not thinking how it would affect her life in the long run. I think he was asking her if she was really ok with the idea of the disguise. That's what I took from it anyway. Who knows what the writer was thinking!
                  What you said but I thought the shirt and tie represented the nerdy clark and he was pulling them away cause he was suffocated in it and didn't feel like lois would want him like that. That is why lois stopped him because she said she could make the disguise work and didn't care what people thought.
                  Last edited by aerdna; 04-22-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tnr105
                    ...I thought it would be the Booster Gold Fanclub shirt, lol.
                    Oh! Why didn't they think of that?!!! LMAO

Comment

I loved the scene... but why did he rip open his shirt? I didn't really understand his need to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
                        I loved the scene... but why did he rip open his shirt? I didn't really understand his need to do that.
                        Symbolize on how he'd have to be a really "average joe" when alongside Lois for the rest of the world (excluding their close friends and family members that know who they really are) so that Superman and Clark can be viewed as two different people.

Comment

lol me toooooooooo

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
                              Symbolize on how he'd have to be a really "average joe" when alongside Lois for the rest of the world (excluding their close friends and family members that know who they really are) so that Superman and Clark can be viewed as two different people.
                              OK, thanks!!

Comment

Guys..you're missing the point...he just wanted to show Lois how strong he was....it was pretty dang HOT actually....it's not wonder Lois jumped on the guy...i would've done the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎