Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bumbling Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted this all along but I felt a bit upset for clark though. I don't know why but I felt sad that we were leaving the cool clark behind. That said I really wanted this

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
      Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent is the only version where Clark is a bumbling fool. George Reeves didn't portray Clark Kent like that.
      ITA

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
        TW's acting was kind of fun to watch as bumbling Clark...

...but the idea of bumbling Clark is so absurd for Smallville Clark it isn't even funny...

1) Clark was NOT bumbing in HS...he was a star football player who was getting reruited by a major university to play football...

2) Clark has worked at the DP for years without a disguise...

3) in particular Perry really knows Clark pre disguise...So when "Superman" comes out to the public he will immediately recognize Clark...so will Jeff, Cat and everyone else who works at the Planet...
        In regard to number three, it would be like your best friend wearing glasses for five years, getting contact lenses and expecting you not to recognize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
          How is it that four years? The George Reeves show alone lasted 6 seasons.

The bumbling Clark isn't really that common in Superman history you know.
          1952 till 1956- I was replying to someone elses comment and I have no idea I didnt watch it. I just counted the years that they stated.What I do know is that the person who started this thread wanted people to comment on whether they liked bumbling clark and not to play who knows the most. Do you disagree that the bumbling clark can be called classic ??? Cause I may have only watch the CR version but if someone said classic then thats exactly who I would think of. I think if you said what was classic kent to non superman fans that is what they are most familar with.
          Last edited by aerdna; 04-22-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

after watching booster, I want a superman show with tom welling, he's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
              There are times when I can go for that and others where I cant'. This is a hard one. When Clark shows up on day one acting like a nerd, I can handle that. When Clark lives and works among these people every day for three years and then turns nerdy, its hard not to think someone would notice.

The only way I justify this is my saying that Clark largely hasn't spent much time at the DP except for when looking for Lois and the occasional desk time. He's pretty much a hermit among the other employees and no one paid him any attention because he's been living off in his own world. Now with all the bumbling they are noticing him for the first time and just figure they've never paid him any attention.
              Bingo! They weren't paying him any attention, now they are. The exact opposite of what they supposedly want. The reason why this doesn't work for this version of Clark Kent is because this isn't a comedic version of Superman. The movies had a bit of silly campiness to them. Smallville never has, this shifts the tone too far and too quick.

Comment

i know why they waited so long for clark to become bumbling, and thats because they knew that fans like myself would have stopped watching had it happened earlier and not so close to the finale.

not even the clark kent from the silver age comic books was this bad. the one thing that i liked about this was clark's reluctance to actually be this bumbling idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by aerdna
                  Do you disagree that the bumbling clark can be called classic ???
                  Yeah I disagree. To me the bumbling Clark, like the real-estate obsessed Luthor, is more of an aberration than "classic".

Comment

LOVE IT the more the better. It is late but better than never I guess. I hope they keep it up. This season is messy, its a shame but ah well. At least we got lex back

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Sorry that's only FOUR years nd a long long time ago. And it can be called classic. CR was the one of the best superman. What was his disguise as a matter of interest? Also the bumbling is a great idea for a disguise
                    Sorry it was a type o - I meant 1979. And I agree CR's protrayal of Clark was great but it was the only version that had a blumbling nerd. And SV did not have to turn Clark into that blumbing Nerd.

How will Clark now become a great or even good reporter at the DP now if all he can do is stumbly around, drop or knock things off desks.

Comment

Originally posted by Borealis
                      In regard to number three, it would be like your best friend wearing glasses for five years, getting contact lenses and expecting you not to recognize them.
                      ALL of this is irrelevant, this is a fictional character with glasses as a disguise. The ENTIRE concept makes you have to suspend disbelief so this doesn't really matter. Even if he didnt act bumbling and wore glasses all his life the disguise is not believable.

And is anyone remembers the Chris Reeves movies he did NOT wear glasses in high school. Remember when he ran through the fields and beat he bus to school and talking to his parents in those movies. No glasses. So what about then? Lana and all his classmates saw him without glasses too in that movie. So you have to just go with it.

Comment

Bingo! They weren't paying him any attention, now they are. The exact opposite of what they supposedly want. The reason why this doesn't work for this version of Clark Kent is because this isn't a comedic version of Superman. The movies had a bit of silly campiness to them. Smallville never has, this shifts the tone too far and too quick.
                        I get what you are saying but they will be paying attention when Superman steps out even though for a while CK will be noticed when superman steps out then they wont fit CK with him. It's all silly really

Comment

Exactly the movies had a completely different tone and atmosphere. On top of that, SVClark's abrupt change of personality is impossible to accept. At least STM's Clark was like that from the moment he arrived in Metropolis.

Comment

I thought it was funny and cute. It's too close to the end to get caught up in how it does or doesn't fit into the series. I'm just going to enjoy myself for these last few episodes.

Comment

1952 till 1956- I was replying to someone elses comment and I have no idea I didnt watch it. I just counted the years that they stated.What I do know is that the person who started this thread wanted people to comment on whether they liked bumbling clark and not to play who knows the most. Do you disagree that the bumbling clark can be called classic ??? Cause I may have only watch the CR version but if someone said classic then thats exactly who I would think of. I think if you said what was classic kent to non superman fans that is what they are most familar with.
                              to me classic lies within the comic books. and clark isn't this big of a goof in the comic books, nor in other forms of media except for the CR movies. as a matter of fact, the reason why i've never really liked the CR movies was because of his portrayal of clark kent.

and now smallville has been stupid enough to follow this horrible rendition of clark kent and i hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by supercatmom
                                Sorry it was a type o - I meant 1979. And I agree CR's protrayal of Clark was great but it was the only version that had a blumbling nerd. And SV did not have to turn Clark into that blumbing Nerd.

How will Clark now become a great or even good reporter at the DP now if all he can do is stumbly around, drop or knock things off desks.
                                Good point guess he will get his info the superman way and it will be his writing that helps him climb the ladder???

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎