Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bumbling Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scene in which I fully bought it was the scene with Ted Kord. Because Kord had never met Clark Kent before until that moment. So it was easy to believe that Kord would believe this is really how this Clark Kent person acts.

But with people like Cat Grant? It takes a massive suspension of disbelief IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Borealis
      There is no such thing as a purist when there are so many different versions of Clark Kent out there. There are the old movie versions, Lois and Clark, the comics, the cartoons, the George Reeve version, Smallville, and a new movie version.
      Yeah I saw that after I'd already posted. I thought in all incarnation's he hid his true identity by acting like a bumbling nerd.
      And I say purist because I have a good friend who considers himself a Superman"purist".

Me? Watch the show. Saw the Reeve movies. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
        I don't like. Bumbling is not 'under the radar' IMO. If anything it brings more attention
        Its not supposed to be under the radar, its suppose to be the complete opposite of Superman so that no one ever thinks its him. since the looks and the build are similar.

Remember in Superman Returns when lois's fiancée thought Superman was CK for a second and CK overheard them, then acted geeky right there.

Comment

I thought it was funny when he was talking to Ted Kord acting like he ate some bad Kryptonian guacamole or something.

Comment

I'll agree they should have made it earlier in the season, but better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
              Absolutely HATE IT
              So do I. Verisimilitude will only get you so far in this series.

Originally posted by bychance
              Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent is the only version where Clark is a bumbling fool. George Reeves didn't portray Clark Kent like that.
              Neither did Dean Cain and neither did Brandon Routh. Their Clarks were good-natured with a touch (emphasis on 'a touch') of clumsiness.

I find it puzzling no one is calling out TPTB for doing the exact same thing with its leading man.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                TW's acting was kind of fun to watch as bumbling Clark...

...but the idea of bumbling Clark is so absurd for Smallville Clark it isn't even funny...

1) Clark was NOT bumbing in HS...he was a star football player who was getting reruited by a major university to play football...

2) Clark has worked at the DP for years without a disguise...

3) in particular Perry really knows Clark pre disguise...So when "Superman" comes out to the public he will immediately recognize Clark...so will Jeff, Cat and everyone else who works at the Planet...
                1. I mentioned this before, he was a bit bumbling in HS especially in the first season when Lana wore the Green K necklace. he would trip everytime he got close to her and Chloe and Pete made fun. So there are people that remember that.

Also they said this would be a problem along time ago but Al and Miles thought the show would end before they needed to confront that part of him. They left at the end of season 7. They didn't expect 10 years. TW was originally signed through season 8 others through season 7. So I'm just going with it, suspension of disbelief.
                Last edited by pjack; 04-22-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skye4376
                  it was awful to watch. TW played it perfectly, but it was just horrible and painful. i guess this clark will never be a great reporter. he couldn't even get a good interview from ted kord.
                  Thank goodness this is the end of the season and not the middle, I can't handle too much Nerd Clark. If the reasoning is no one would suspect nerd Kent of being Superman then Lois may have a point, but she is also making Clark stand out more.

Who people remember are the extremes. Gorgeous women, ugly women. The scholar or the idiot. I'm a teacher I know hundreds of kids. The ones I remember are the real bad ones and the good ones. Some kids just don't register. They're quiet, do their work, make good grades, and don't engage me. That is who Clark should be if he does not want to be noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by pjack
                    1. I mentioned this before, he was a bit bumbling in HS especially in the first season when Lana worry the Green K necklace. he would trip everytime he got close to her and Chloe and Pete made fun. So there are people that remember that.

Also they said this would be a problem along time ago but Al and Miles thought the show would end before they needed to confront that part of him. They left at the end of season 7. They didn't expect 10 years. TW was originally signed through season 8 others through season 7. So I'm just going with it, suspension of disbelief.
                    By the time he graduated he was anything but bumbling...People will remember him as a football player, not someone who tripped once in the pilot episode, freshman year first day...not to mention that even with the disguise Perry, cat, and every other human being to works with Clark or new him from smallville will still recognize him as Superman...unless he waits a decade before coming out...AND tells Perry his secret...

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
                      He's doing a good classic Clark Kent
                      Why is a blumbling Nerd a classic Clark Kent. Did you ever see the TV series The Adventures of Superman that ran from 1952 till 1956.

It starred George Reeves as CK/Superman and he was a mild mannered yet strong Reporter that people admired.

Also Dean Cain played a strong CK and a great reporter.

Only if all you know of Superman comes from the Christopher Reeve portrayal of CK in the 1979 Superman movie would you have seen a blumbling nerd.

How will Clark ever get a promotion and work as Lois's partner like he saw in the future in Homecoming if all he can do now is bump into people and knock things off of desk tops.

This is awful and I hate it.

And for the record Mild Mannared does not mean Blumbling Nerd.
                      Last edited by supercatmom; 04-22-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

LOVE IT the more the better. It is late but better than never I guess. I hope they keep it up. This season is messy, its a shame but ah well. At least we got lex back

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by supercatmom
                        Why is a blumbling Nerd a classic Clark Kent. Did you ever see the TV series The Adventures of Superman that ran from 1952 till 1956.

It starred George Reeves as CK/Superman and he was a mild mannered yet strong Reporter that people admired.

Also Dean Cain played a strong CK and a great reporter.

Only if all you know of Superman comes from the Christopher Reeve portrayal of CK in the 1079 Superman movie would you have seen a blumbling nerd.
                        Sorry that's only FOUR years nd a long long time ago. And it can be called classic. CR was the one of the best superman. What was his disguise as a matter of interest? Also the bumbling is a great idea for a disguise
                        Last edited by aerdna; 04-22-2011, 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by pjack
                          1. I mentioned this before, he was a bit bumbling in HS especially in the first season when Lana wore the Green K necklace. he would trip everytime he got close to her and Chloe and Pete made fun. So there are people that remember that.

He was a bit bumbling and that I could stomach, esp. because it was predominantly around Lana and not a prevalent aspect of the character.
                          Last edited by Borealis; 04-22-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Loved it He was so cute and awesome! And Tom was truly perfect!! I'm glad they didn't go there before though.

Comment

Originally posted by aerdna

Sorry that's only FOUR years. And it can be called classic. What was his disguise?
                              How is it that four years? The George Reeves show alone lasted 6 seasons.

The bumbling Clark isn't really that common in Superman history you know.

Comment

Loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎