Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic update please update soon

Comment

Part 3

Tess didn’t know what to do in this situation, sure when Martha had died she was there for Clark, but Lois was who Clark needed then, now Lois was gone, she knew Clark would feel like he had no one left, this killed her inside. She so desperately wanted Clark to turn to her, but she refused to be that selfish, but the truth was Tess loved Clark like no one she had ever loved before, but she refused these feelings because she knew there was no chance. In her heart she knew this could be her chance, but she wasn’t evil, she knew if anything were to happen between her and Clark she would have to wait, so she would wait, after all waiting for Superman was something she knew she could do.

She knew what she was doing at this moment was a shot in the dark but she wanted Clark to know he could turn to her with anything, she took the coffees off the counter and began the walk from watchtower to Clarks apartment.

She didn’t know that someone was already there, and her chance was more than likely lost.

Chloe finally let Clark go after what seemed like an eternity.

“Chloe I…”

“Clark Don’t, I know what happened, Tess had the entire team on watch, Oliver called me and told me what happened, I got in the car right away, I wanted to be here so here I am.”

“Um Chloe don’t you think your leaving something important out?” Clark smiled for the first time all night, being in Chloe’s presence brought out the best in him, in the good times and the bad.

“oh yeah, I have been meaning to tell you about that, but being star city’s start reporter can be pretty busy, plus Oliver and I have only known for about 3 weeks now, but yeah, I have a little green arrow on the way”

“Chloe that’s great, I am so Happy for you!” for some reason this happy news almost made Clark forget about what had happened, but only almost.
      His mind left and he looked at the door expecting Lois to come barging in as usual with a million and one things flying out of her mouth, why wasn’t the apartment clean? There’s laundry that needs to be done!! She would go off and the only thing that would make her stop was Clark grabbing her and kissing her. Then she would shut up

Chloe saw the look come over Clark and she searched for the right words….

“Oh Clark….” Were the only words she could seem to come up with
      Clark looked at her, and for the first time all night let everything go. He was lost in the emotions he refused to feel until now.

“Chloe, what am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to go on, Lois kept me grounded, every night I came back from saving the world, she was always the most constant thing that never changed, she listened to everything I had to say, and never looked the other way, all of that seems so trivial compared to this right now, I wish I had her guidance right now”

“Clark Lois will always be there for you…in your heart, you know she wouldn’t leave you alone, plus you always have me, Oliver, and everyone else, you will never be alone in this world. The world believes in you, we believe in you, and Lois believes in you, you have to move on, the world will not end, even though I know it feels like yours has, when you need that extra motivation, that guidance she always gave you, look into your heart, you knew Lois well enough to know what she would say, Clark we all Love you and we will all be here for you.”

At this moment there was a knock on the door; Clark looked up through his tears

“Chloe, can you get that? I need to go clean this mess off my face.”

“Yeah you go, I got it”

Chloe walked to the door while Clark ran to the bathroom.

Tess was waiting for Clark to answer, not fully knowing what would happen when he did, should she hug him? Should she be ready with words of comfort, she had no idea.
      Chloe opened the door and Tess’ heart sank, she wanted to be the one to comfort him, but she had forgotten there was still at least one person Clark would turn to besides her and that was Chloe.

“Tess!”

“Hi Chloe, I came for Clark, I brought coffee, is he here?”

“Yeah he is here, just cleaning up, come in”

Tess walked in and sat down on the sofa

“by the way Tess thanks for the call, I had to hear what happened from Oliver, you know I am only Lois’ cousin you know, would have been nice to have been first on the calling list”

“Chloe can we not argue about this right now, I’m sorry I didn’t call you, but this is about Clark”

Chloe snapped back, she was being extremely selfish, Tess was there to comfort Clark; they were both there for the same reason.

Just then Clark walked in from the bathroom.

“Tess?!? What are you doing her…”

He was cut off by the look on her face, he had seen that look before, he was about to crush her, he stopped himself

“Tess, I am glad you’re here.”

“Well that’s what friends are for right?” she responded realizing she may never be more than Clarks friend

“thank you Tess” he responded

To be continued...

one more chapter for you guys, hope you like it

Psychward723
      Last edited by psychward723; 05-18-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Nice Chloe and Tess interacting is a good bonus to me.

Comment

Awww, loved those last two lines. Too bad Chloe was there, but she's his bestest friend after all. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

Great update poor Tess but she will get her chance later

Comment

i love clark and tess fics.
              waiting for next part

Comment

Originally posted by readhead
                i love clark and tess fics.
                waiting for next part
                me too.

Comment

Working...