Its not the End, but the Beginning

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not the End, but the Beginning

Title:its not the end, but the beginning
    Summary: set 2 years after the end of Smallville, Clark experiences a tragedy like none he has had to face before, luckily He has his friends to help him, including Tess......

just a little note, before you read this, the first chapter is probably predictable, but bear with me, it will get better, I will post updates as soon as I can get the next chapters done.

Chapter one

He was late…..he was never late….faster than a speeding bullet, isn’t that what they always say? But this time he wasn’t fast enough.

As he knelt with her lifeless body in his arms he couldn’t help but think they were wrong. The tears that poured down his face mixing with the rain that had just started, felt like they were evaporating off his face, now hot with anger and absolute sadness.

Anger at himself for failing her, anger at the man who pulled the trigger. He never wished he could kill a man more than he did now, but he couldn’t, he was after all still Superman, still the symbol for peace and justice. He knew from day one he was not the judge, jury or the executioner, but this one time he wished he could be.

The man was in police custody now, Clark almost had killed him, but held back.
    With one deep breath he let out a heart wrenching scream that rang throughout metropolis. Never before had he felt this helpless. Sure when his father and mother had died it left him distraught, but this….this feeling couldn’t be described in words.

As he knelt over the person he cared about more than anything his entire life, he couldn’t help but think that the rain was a tragically fitting setting for the death of Lois Lane. The woman who lived her life like a tour de force, who was very much like the wind, rain, thunder and lightning mixed into one perfect storm.

He was drained, physically and emotionally, but with all the strength he had left in his body he lifted her up one last time, took off into the sky and held her tighter than he ever had before, he would take her on one last ride through the heavens. Something he firmly believed his wife would truly want. It was his way of saying goodbye.

It wasn’t long before he found himself flying towards the fortress, perhaps by accident or perhaps he was being drawn there.

A voice suddenly broke through the silence

“Clark? Clark, are you there?” the woman’s voice said

Clark stopped mid-air contemplating whether to respond or ignore her, after a few seconds, he realized, he probably should at least tell her HE was ok, that he hadn’t gone AWOL. Knowing her if he didn’t respond, she would have Oliver, AC, Bart and Dinah searching the entire globe for him within minutes, and he just wanted to be left alone, for one last moment with the woman he had and always would love.

“I’m here Tess, I have….Lois” saying her name while holding her body in his arms, made the situation all that more real.

“Tess, I’m going to the fortress, I’m going silent for a while, I’ll let you know when I’m on my way back”

She was a little surprised to hear he was going to the fortress, but she wasn’t going to bother him with questions at this point.

“Okay Clark” Tess replied with a short and simple answer, she would console him later, she knew he would need it.

Clark touched down at the fortress five minutes after talking to Tess. He laid Lois’ body on an platform, a makeshift altar for the time being. He walked up to the Center console, and asked the kryptonian computer for guidance.

“Father, I need you”

The booming voice was quicker than usual to respond. “My son, what do you need?”

“How am I supposed to save the planet if I am never able to save the people I love? First Jonathon, then Martha, now Lois? What am I supposed to do?”

“Kal-el, life is precious. It can all be over in the blink of an eye, there will be some you can save and some you cannot. Jonathon Kent was correct in telling you that you can control your own destiny, but you cannot control the destiny of others. You are still a force for peace and light in a dark world, the people close to you know the risks involved. You must remember my son; they would want you to carry on. To continue saving the world, and in this Endeavour you must never falter. “

Clark wiped more tears away, Lois WOULD scold him for acting like this, she had so much faith in him, even now he could hear her voice

“Smallville, don’t you dare, you can’t let this destroy you, you have to keep fighting, to stop this from happening to anyone else, be the beacon of hope I have always known you would be, I love you Clark in this life and the next.”

Clark lifted his head, walked over to Lois’ body and scooped her up into his arms like he had on their wedding night, turned to the console and replied to Jor-El

"thank you father” And with that Clark took off with more speed than he ever had before.

“Tess, I’m bringing Lois home”

“Clark…..” Tess couldn’t even think of the words to say she finally found some that seemed appropriate

“We will be here when you get home”

“Thank you Tess” He replied

The End

Let me know what you guys think, I hope you like it so far,

Psychward723

Nice start. Sorry to hear about Lois, but I'm glad her words to Clark will help him cope. Can't wait for more.

Comment

Good start- it's kind of like an idea I had for a fic. I liked Lois's words to Clark, and I do think this is one of the best ways of getting Clark and Tess together. I can't wait to read more~

Comment

I'm curious where this story would take up next..keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
          I'm curious where this story would take up next..keep it up
          me too.

Comment

Fantastic start

Comment

Glad to see another Tess/Clark shipper out there. Hope you continue!

Comment

hey guys, the next chapter should be up by Monday, I have been super busy the past few weeks, just wanted to give you guys the heads up so you dont think I forgot about the story LOL

Psychward723

Comment

I hope we will see Chloe soon. Because Lois was her cousin, and Clark is her friend, she should be there.

Good idea, but I hope Clark wouldn't forget Lois as soon as he forgot Alicia or even Lana. If something would work between him and Tess, it should be slow

Comment

Originally posted by psychward723
                    hey guys, the next chapter should be up by Monday, I have been super busy the past few weeks, just wanted to give you guys the heads up so you dont think I forgot about the story LOL

Psychward723
                    Don't worry, I think a lot of people are just as busy nowadays. Can't wait for the new chapter.

Comment

Looking forward to more.. Poor Clark. But He'll have Tess

Comment

Part 2
                        Clark landed in metropolis outside of metropolis general minutes after taking off from the fortress, after dropping Lois’ body off, there was one more stop before he could take his time alone to grieve. Clark took off with one destination in mind, Washington D.C.
                        He touched down outside the pentagon a few moments later; he walked in and said to the secretary

“I need to see General Sam Lane, ASAP, it’s important”

“Um.... yes sir” the secretary said, after all it wasn’t everyday Superman walked into the pentagon

A few moments later General Lane walked in and saw Clark, Sam was one of the only people who knew who Clark was, in fact Sam had almost become somewhat of a surrogate father to Clark, routinely talking to him about the problems facing Clark as a Superhero. However, Sam knew in his heart this was not about the everyday problems Clark faced.

“Superman! Please come speak to me in my office” Sam said

They walked down the long hallway into Sam’s office

“Okay Clark what’s going on? And why is it so important you couldn’t just call me”

“Sir….It’s about Lois….” Clark replied

“She was…..um…..she was shot earlier tonight”

The general’s stern demeanor began to fail, he began to slouch, something the general never did and a fear that no one had ever, or would see again began to fill his eyes. He barely got his response out

“And….”

“Sir, she didn’t make it…”

Sam knew those would be the next words out of Clark’s mouth, he began to feel an overwhelming grief, he had outlived his wife, but he never thought he would outlive his first daughter too.
                        Clark continued

“Sir it was my entire fault, I was too la…”

“Shut up Kent!!!!” Sam said sharply

“There is no way this could be your fault!!! You can’t control everything that happens in this world, my daughter had a good head on her shoulders, and if something went wrong it was neither of your faults”

After conversing for 10 minutes Clark left the generals office, it had gone better than Clark had expected. They discussed what exactly had happened and the General made sure yet again that Clark was trying not to blame himself, before Clark left they shook hands and Clark swore he saw a tear rolling down the stone cold generals cheek.

Clark flew back to metropolis a little slower this time to collect his thoughts, he opened the door to his apartment and to his surprise Chloe was standing there holding Clark and Lois’ wedding picture. And again to Clark’s surprise she was at least 2 months pregnant

“Chloe!?”

Without responding Chloe walked over to Clark and hugged him. Her and Clark had been through a lot together, both Chloe and Clark knew they would need each other even more now……

To be continued….

Side note: I felt like it was important to put Lois’ father in the story at this point because he very well might be playing a larger role further into the story

Let me know what you think, I will be posting the next chapter in a day or 2

Psychward723
                        Last edited by psychward723; 05-16-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Good, though I think General would blame him, at least for some time

Comment

I loved that you included General Lane. It's heartbreaking, but he should know what happened. I like that he was able to tell Clark that it wasn't his fault. I know Clark always feels guilty about things. Great update, can't wait for more.

Comment

looking forward to the update. I'm glad the Chloe is in your fic.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎