Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode! I gave it a 10.

I'm so worried about Castiel though...

Originally posted by Anno_Domini

The writers screwed up massively with Anna. Just wanted to say that, haha.
    I agree. I wish that had turned out differently.

Comment

Loved it. 10/10. The boys are fantastic and Dean does have the best lines. Jensen always delivers them with the right amount of humour. Jared's reactions are always priceless. Everyone was great. Loved the story idea and all the nods to the western movies, Star Trek, Clint Eastwood and the Texas Ranger. Very funny.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Mainly because the 'warm fuzzy' bubble vision that Dean had of the old west was kinda popped hahaha.... also because it advanced the story in multiple ways.

Just starting to wonder if the Winchesters are the only ones really concerned about 'mother' since neither heaven nor hell seem to be paying her any attention.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
          Just starting to wonder if the Winchesters are the only ones really concerned about 'mother' since neither heaven nor hell seem to be paying her any attention.....
          As far as we know.

Comment

OK, I knew this episode was going to be much loved by fans and I did like it but...not as much as everyone else I guess. I gave it a 7.

First the recap. No voice over from Papa Winchester? That was disappointing. I was waiting for JDM's voice to roll over me like gravel.

The credits (very Bonanza) were a cute take. I love how when they do this different stuff they change the credits.

Whoa, Samuel had a treasure trove of a library (he had Samuel Colt's journal all that time and didn't tell anyone? *suddenly glad he's dead again*). I bet Sam could spend a week in there and be happy. A also bet a lot of those books are going to Bobby's...

The Phoenix made me flash on Harry Potter, I have to admit (also X-men, kept waiting for Dean to make a Jean Grey joke).

I loved how excited the boys got over the journal. So nice to see them both so in sync and also so gleeful.

Okay, I was really kind of applauding and going 'preach' when Rachel yelled at them for calling Cas again. She's right. He's fighting a war in Heaven and they don't seem to be trying to help him at all, just keep calling him down to help them out.

But of course Cas helps (oh Cas!).

So Dean has a Western fetish (kept waiting for him to say "I was always partial to Roy Rogers myself" a la John McClane)? No shock there. And hasn't Dean ever seen Back to the Future 3? when you try to dress like a cowboy based on the movies you always end up looking stupid!

Man, how did they get that posse line past Standards and Practices?! (I think that's the dirtiest thing Dean has ever said on the show!)

Rachel accusing Castiel (who seems to be followed that road paved with good intentions, as Sam did in Season 4) and then, whoa he kills her?! Yikes!

Cas wounded and goes to Bobby.

I really enjoyed Samuel Colt's scenes. Loved Sam telling the truth and proving it with his cell phone. (how was it even working? I mean, Dean's don't work when he went back to meet Mama and Papa, if I remember right.)

Castiel lying to Bobby (hey, why not? If he's going to lie to the boys...). And angels can 'power up' using souls? No wonder angels are so desperate to get their hands on them then.

Also it made me wonder...did Castiel explain the possible explody thing to Dean before he stuck his hand into Sam earlier this season? or is the spoldy thing only a danger if you draw power from a soul? *Is confused*

The Phoenix was really the victim and was seeking justice (or rather vengeance)? Cool twist.

Deadwood reference!

And after all that, no ashes or the Colt. And I sat there going 'did Sam leave his phone in the past?' Then that knock on the door and sure enough, he did (such a BTTF 2 moment!). And Samuel Colt coming through. (I thought maybe he would have left a message in his journal.)

So yeah, cool episode, some good quips. But i preferred the Castiel/Bobby/now storyline to the past Western stuff (I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of westerns so that might have colored some of it).

Oh and we definitely needed Dean riding a horse too!

Comment

I laughed out loud at Dean's Bruce Willis "Die Hard" reference! I thought that was classic!

Comment

Loved it. Amazing. One of my favorites of the series. <3 <3 <3 yippppie cayey mothaaaaaaaa <3 love my cowboys <3

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎