No announcement yet.

Schnieder's portrayal of AU John Kent

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schnieder's portrayal of AU John Kent

So what do you guys think of acting? it was a bit different seeing him act this way. Hopeless, nothing in life, desperate, not the father that we all love.

I thought he did good stepping out his typical Pa Kent role and stepping IN this AU Pa Kent. Great actor.

What you guys think?

I have to say that aside from TW's performance in this episode, that JS's acting in this episode is the reason why I keep rewatching it several times.

JS was really able to convey the heartbreaking sense of how low Jonathan's life had gotten in this AU, and his performance especially in his final scene with Clark had me ready to cry as well at times.

And needless to say, after seeing that last scene with him going to see his Martha in the AU, it was just icing on the cake.

Frankly, it's episodes like these that really makes me wish at times that JK was still alive.

For me, Jonathan Kent and Jimmy Olsen will always be this show's two most TRAGIC deaths ever.

Comment

John made it very believable and thats all I would have wanted from him in the episode, great job!

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
        I have to say that aside from TW's performance in this episode, that JS's acting in this episode is the reason why I keep rewatching it several times.

JS was really able to convey the heartbreaking sense of how low Jonathan's life had gotten in this AU, and his performance especially in his final scene with Clark had me ready to cry as well at times.

And needless to say, after seeing that last scene with him going to see his Martha in the AU, it was just icing on the cake.

Frankly, it's episodes like these that really makes me wish at times that JK was still alive.

For me, Jonathan Kent and Jimmy Olsen will always be this show's two most TRAGIC deaths ever.
        This! John S is one of the best things that has happened to Smallville!

Comment

He was the best thing about the episode. Too bad his scenes were too confined in just a couple locales. They should have given him and Clark something to do that explored the AU.

Comment

He really is a great actor. It was so hard to see the strong, self-reliant and proud Pa Kent that we're all used to seeing as a bitter and broken man. I almost couldn't bear it.

Comment

John Schneider is one of my favorite parts of the episode! His performance was absolutely outstanding. I loved the subtle nuances that made his character different from RWJonathan, but still sorta the same (if that makes any sense )

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎