No announcement yet.

How can CL be a hero?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WellingFan
    Exactly, If CL heads down the dark path again, Jor-El will surely remove his powers so that he is no threat to that world. Jor-El is back in control now so the AU will be safe now no matter what.
    ITA. Personally I believe that Clark Luthor will never get the chance of finding personal happiness, because Lois could never fall in love with the guy who killed her husband. She might forgive him, and even, given time, trust him if he truly changes, but loving him will be impossible. And even if AI Jor-el mindwipes everyone's mind, I would like to believe a truly redeemed Clark Luthor wouldn't be with her under false pretences. Eventually, he would have to tell her what he did, and that would mean they would never be together, because even if Lois had fallen in love with her without knowing he was the one that killed her husband, she wouldn't be able to accept him ever again.

In this world, with all that happened the best that could ever happen between them is friendship.
    Last edited by liana; 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

About Clark L killing AU Oliver. We don't even know the circumstances. Oliver was bent on killing CL and as time went on, I don't think he changed his mind. Killing Oliver could have been self defense. Oliver wasn't a good guy in the AU. He took land out from under the farmers as he did to Jonathan causing them grief. It still baffles me why AU Lois even married such a man.

Comment

Originally posted by WellingFan
        AU Jor-El will probably wipe the memories that the people of earth had of CL.
        Knowing Jor-El, I think this is a very possible scenario, scary though it may be.

Originally posted by Anu

Maybe he don't want to live the way he did, cause that's way Lionel raised him. People can change. Tess changed, Lionel Luthor changed (The real one). And yeah, people are complicated no one's evil just like that.
        You know, I saw absolutely no indication that Clark Luthor didn't want to live the way he did. He wanted to get out from under Lionel's thumb, but he seemed to genuinely enjoy hurting people and wreaking havoc. So no, I don't buy this idea that he secretly just wanted to be a good boy who didn't have a choice. CL enjoyed being who he was.

[QUOTE=KryptonStones;7266912]
        I honestly don't believe he will become a hero. I think he'll sip right back down toward that dark path he was headed towards before the events in 'Luthor.'
        I agree, except that I don't think he was headed towards a dark path... because seriously, you cannot get any darker than he already was.

Originally posted by liana
        ITA. Personally I believe that Clark Luthor will never got the chance of finding personal happiness, because Lois could never fall in love with the guy who killed her husband. She might forgive him, and even, given time, trust him if he truly changes, but loving him will be impossible. And even if AI Jor-el mindwipes everyone's mind, I would like to believe a truly redeemed Clark Luthor wouldn't be with her under false pretences. Eventually, he would have to tell her what he did, and that would mean they would never be together, because even if Lois had fallen in love with her without knowing he was the one that killed her husband, she wouldn't be able to accept him ever again.

In this world, with all that happened the best that could ever happen between them is friendship.
        I don't think even friendship is possible. She might forgive him (sort of), stop seeking vengeance and try to mov eon with her life, but I don't believe for a second she would ever want him anywhere near her. Even forgiveness has its limits, and in the best case scenario Lois would not want to ever see the face of the murderer of her husband (and of many other people).

Originally posted by SnowBird
        About Clark L killing AU Oliver. We don't even know the circumstances. Oliver was bent on killing CL and as time went on, I don't think he changed his mind. Killing Oliver could have been self defense. Oliver wasn't a good guy in the AU. He took land out from under the farmers as he did to Jonathan causing them grief. It still baffles me why AU Lois even married such a man.
        Are you trying to somehow put the blame on AU Oliver? Seriously? He might not have been the greatest guy (I'm not a fan of Oliver, be it AU version or the "real" one), but don't you think you're stretching a little here? CL was a mass murdering psychopath. He showed zero remorse for his actions. You think he was an innocent victim here? No matter how much of an "ends justify the means" guy Oliver was, he was a saint compared to Clark Luthor.

Comment

You aren't seeing the forest from the trees. CL was a tyrant. Did you see what the Daily Planet globe looked like because of Lionel's and CL's influence? Did you see how people were afraid of Clark Luthor killing them?

I don't know why Oliver couldn't just smuggle kryptonite from the farmers lands instead of taking it all, but what he did was to stop a tyrant. Given what we've seen that was self defense too. Oliver was protecting Lois, who could have become a victim. There's a prolonged law regarding self defense. There's only so many dead men and women and so many possible threats that you can tolerate.

Like a gunslinger terrorizing a town until someone steps up ("The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance").

As to why Lois married Oliver I can't give an answer except what Lois said about Oliver in the episodes. Clark was the bigger douche stating that he couldn't live in a world where Lois doesn't love her...and then she leaves Lois in the AU.

Also, AU Lois Lane isn't the same as RW Lois Lane. Maybe AU Lois Lane fancied a man like Oliver more than Clark.

Comment

Seems kinda weird that someone who's killed so many people will change his mind and become a hero after a 5 minute conversation.

Comment

He will not reveal himelf to the world as Clark Luthor and may even wear a mask when in hero mode. He could even have his face changed with surgery. CK had faith that CL could be a different man helping his world and so do I.
              Assuming the redemption works, which do you think is the more likely scenario if CL becomes the AU's hero?
              1. He creates a Blur persona, never revealing his face.
              2. He wears a mask in hero mode.
              3. He saves people openly and hopes that they'll be convinced that he's changed his ways.

Too bad CL never saw CK with glasses, otherwise he might think of using that disguise in the AU.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

ITA. Personally I believe that Clark Luthor will never get the chance of finding personal happiness, because Lois could never fall in love with the guy who killed her husband. She might forgive him, and even, given time, trust him if he truly changes, but loving him will be impossible. And even if AI Jor-el mindwipes everyone's mind, I would like to believe a truly redeemed Clark Luthor wouldn't be with her under false pretences. Eventually, he would have to tell her what he did, and that would mean they would never be together, because even if Lois had fallen in love with her without knowing he was the one that killed her husband, she wouldn't be able to accept him ever again.
              Yes. This isn't Speeding Bullets where Lois perceives the good man buried under the hurt and denial. I wouldn't expect CL to ever turn into a Superman type of hero anyway. If he does fight for justice, I could see him being more like Batman or Spawn.
              Last edited by Carstonio; 04-20-2011, 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

nah. I hope he embraces his destiny as Ultraman, but that's just me

the words "redemption" and "Ultraman" should never be uttered in the same sentence.
                Last edited by dru-zod2501; 04-20-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

^ This!

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501

the words "redemption" and "Ultraman" should never be uttered in the same sentence.
                    Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                      While I can appreciate that, in Kent he didn't seem as sinister as before. It wasn't just that he spared Lois and hesitated in killing Tess. Welling seemed to be playing CL as conflicted, where the character was contemplating other possibilities for his life. Reminded me a little of how Rosenbaum played Lex in the early seasons. (Aside - I consider Rosenbaum's portrayal to be the definitive screen version of the character.) CL wouldn't have the capability to act as a symbol of hope, but he would have the ego to reinvent himself as an avenging seeker of justice like the Punisher or the Last Son of Krypton incarnation of the Eradicator. That would be an interesting premise for an Elseworlds comic.

Comment

Redeemed or not. I don't see Clois happening in the AU and it makes sense.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Boy Scout-Man Of Tomorrow
                        You aren't seeing the forest from the trees. CL was a tyrant. Did you see what the Daily Planet globe looked like because of Lionel's and CL's influence? Did you see how people were afraid of Clark Luthor killing them?

I don't know why Oliver couldn't just smuggle kryptonite from the farmers lands instead of taking it all, but what he did was to stop a tyrant. Given what we've seen that was self defense too. Oliver was protecting Lois, who could have become a victim. There's a prolonged law regarding self defense. There's only so many dead men and women and so many possible threats that you can tolerate.

Like a gunslinger terrorizing a town until someone steps up ("The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance").

As to why Lois married Oliver I can't give an answer except what Lois said about Oliver in the episodes. Clark was the bigger douche stating that he couldn't live in a world where Lois doesn't love her...and then she leaves Lois in the AU.

Also, AU Lois Lane isn't the same as RW Lois Lane. Maybe AU Lois Lane fancied a man like Oliver more than Clark.
                        You mean he and him. Why would Clark remove AU Lous from her universe?
                        Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 04-21-2011, 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Simba_Muffy
                          Why would Clark remove AU Lous from her universe?
                          Clark wouldn't. But he wouldn't talk about loving someone who is more or less a complete stranger and then leaving her either. Random much?

The love conquers all - theme is an excuse for really lazy writing on how Clark will demonstrate he's not Clark Luthor.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Scout-Man Of Tomorrow
                            Clark wouldn't. But he wouldn't talk about loving someone who is more or less a complete stranger and then leaving her either. Random much?

The love conquers all - theme is an excuse for really lazy writing on how Clark will demonstrate he's not Clark Luthor.
                            Yes, he said that, but why would he remove her? He didn't even know if he was going to make it out, but why would take AU Lois with him when he's with RW Lois and RW Lois is not dead? If I were stuck in an AU and the love of my life was a stranger to me, I would say the same thing. That goes for my parents and brother too.

Comment

He can't be. Normally I try to give this show the benefit of the doubt, but this is moronic. Clark Luthor was a sociopath in his first appearances. He showed no real emotion beyond anger and arrogance, and flat effected for much of the episode. Moreover, he differs from previously reformed characters like Lionel and Tess in how he goes about it: Lionel and Tess killed people who got in their way, Clark Luthor seems to more or less murder for fun. He clearly gets a kick out of murder, and is not salvageable.

The only way I see this working is a complete reprogramming, a la Brainiac. That's something that the Jor-El AI could probably pull off. Point is though, it wouldn't be Clark Luthor being a hero. It would just be somebody else who shares his body and his face, not the actual thing. CL needs to be punished, not redeemed, and this episode was totally contrary to that.

Comment

I'm not sure if Clark Luthor can be a hero. There's a possibility, of course...Underneath it all, he's the little Kal-el who came to earth, but instead of being raised by the Kents, Lionel found him. Everything he knows, it's about how he was raised and the fact that he didn't fight that 'darkness' within him. Maybe at some point, he fought against it, but finally he embraced it. He feels lust, raw power, hate, rage, loneliness. CL is the opposite of Clark Kent. He allowed Lionel's influence to shape him, to mold him -and maybe Lionel did this, even by force-.

That's what they tried to show us in Kent by Clark being in the Fortress. A different path is being showed to him, but in the end, he chooses what to do. It's OK if he's Ultraman. His world is different. And if one day there's something between him and his Lois, that would be a twisted relationship full of resentment, lust, hate and even vengeance (from Lois' part -although Lois would understand why he is the way he is, at some level-).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎