No announcement yet.

I think Castiel is an archangel now

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Castiel is an archangel now

Man, after reading another one of Ginx's posts regarding Crowley not really being dead, an idea came to me---what if Castiel is an archangel now? We know that there's a void in the angelic rankings after what happened last season. We had Michael who was the most powerful archangel who ended up in the cage with Lucifer. We had Gabriel/the Trickster, another archangel, who was killed by Lucifer. Then we also had Zachariah, who was a very high ranking angel regarding what he said about his true form having a lion's head. I wouldn't really count Lucifer since he was the enemy & was stuck in the cage & was only out of it for about a year before being trapped in again. So that's a loss of 2 definite archangels and 1 other high ranking angel.

Meanwhile, Castiel has really risen in power. At the start of the season we saw him as being in a lot of trouble and needing those Biblical items/weapons to have a chance against Raphael's side. Now, he seems to be far more confident & evenly matched with Raphael's side. Balthazar is taking orders from him and Castiel is definitely like a general in Heaven fighting a war. I'm pretty much convinced that Castiel was promoted or promoted himself to archangel status and forcefully took power from Heaven to do it. It seemed like he was headed in that direction as soon as he was resurrected yet again in Swan Song and came back with his grace/mojo fully intact and started cleaning up the mess left behind. I also don't think Castiel would have lasted this long against his enemies had he not become an archangel.

Now back to what Ginx said that gave me my idea. She said what if Crowley didn't die but that the fire Cas used was fake. This would definitely be possible if Castiel had become an archangel between Swan Song and Crowley's "death", which in terms of Supernatural has been over a year. What I began to think when I read Ginx's post was that if Castiel is now an archangel, he has powers to warp reality to make the Winchesters & Bobby think that he was burning Crowley's bones. Or rather it could mean that as an archangel, he has the powers to make a duplicate Crowley much like Gabriel/the Trickster made a duplicate version of himself back when he first appeared & made the Winchesters think he died and when he did it again just before Lucifer killed him.

I can totally see something like this happening and the Winchesters being pissed about it. They would be pissed simply on the basis that he became an archangel but never told them about it. And they would certainly be pissed about him protecting Crowley and not telling them about it, or even being involved in Samuel's resurrection, which I'm convinced he was.

Castiel's behavior lately has gotten a bit more dick-ish, which is a characteristic of the archangels on this show. So that's one sign. Another is how Castiel in this episode said that he has to have as many friends as possible in the war, I believe when he was talking to the Fate who appeared in this episode. That's because he's still outnumbered by his enemy in the war. And if me & the others are right about Castiel & Crowley working as partners in the quest to locate Purgatory so Cas would have access to monsters' souls for use in the war in Heaven, then you could bet that he would protect Crowley and make the Winchesters think he died when he's still alive. Crowley's death did seem a bit premature too.

But one thing I'm very confident about is Castiel's current status as an archangel. Something tells me that it will be one of several things he is keeping from the Winchesters that will be revealed in the next few episodes.

If he does become an archangel(I won't say he is one though), and power is corrupting his mind, then I would be shocked that God would let him live though. He became a good servant/warrior, but if God would let Gabriel stay dead after he became an ally for Team Free Will and just lets Castiel go power hungry, then I would be very surprised.

Comment

hm

Good theory but in my opinion I don't believe God would promote angels to archangels. I believe that he would have his first four sons as the archangels and just leave it at that, even though in lore Lucifer isn't one I don't believe, however Uriel is? But for the sake of Supernatural canon, I'll run with that. And by the way, I believe Zachariah was a Seraph.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

However, Castiel does show that he has a huge amount of more power. For instance, in the latests episode, he was the one who stopped time before Sam and Dean died. So who knows.
      Last edited by kcufehttahw; 04-17-2011, 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well, who knows, perhaps after obtaining Heaven's weapons, it could make Castiel an archangel, although I do believe there will only be four archangels, and one of them is dead(so only three are left).

Lucifer was an archangel, as Michael and Gabriel are, and Raphael is only one in certain religions like Catholicism. Uriel is one is some religions as well, but Kripke didn't use Uriel as one because usually the main four in all religions are Lucifer, Michael, Gabriel and Raphael.

And, it wasn't Castiel who stopped time. It was Atropos who did that.
        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-17-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          If he does become an archangel(I won't say he is one though), and power is corrupting his mind, then I would be shocked that God would let him live though. He became a good servant/warrior, but if God would let Gabriel stay dead after he became an ally for Team Free Will and just lets Castiel go power hungry, then I would be very surprised.
          I think it would be to make a point that what was supposed to happen was going to happen whether free will or the Scripture were followed.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Well, who knows, perhaps after obtaining Heaven's weapons, it could make Castiel an archangel, although I do believe there will only be four archangels, and one of them is dead(so only three are left).

Lucifer was an archangel, as Michael and Gabriel are, and Raphael is only one in certain religions like Catholicism. Uriel is one is some religions as well, but Kripke didn't use Uriel as one because usually the main four in all religions are Lucifer, Michael, Gabriel and Raphael.

And, it wasn't Castiel who stopped time. It was Atropos who did that.
          I think whatever powers the angels in Heaven that Castiel was deprived of when his mojo was taken away...Castiel took more of it by force---a whole lot more. I think he took enough to either make him an official archangel or as powerful as one though not being an official one.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 2nd time it was Castiel who stopped time since he wanted to save them.
          Last edited by xrayvision; 04-17-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            I think whatever powers the angels in Heaven that Castiel was deprived of when his mojo was taken away...Castiel took more of it by force---a whole lot more. I think he took enough to either make him an official archangel or as powerful as one though not being an official one.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 2nd time it was Castiel who stopped time since he wanted to save them.
            We have no idea if Cas can stop time, so I'd still say Atropos stopped time. Castiel just showed up so he could kill her, because obviously Sam and Dean couldn't because if they ever tried, Atropos could just stop it and leave, lol.

I think Castiel will have gotten power hungry, but to become an archangel...I just don't think it's possible. If an angel could become one, then why didn't we get two more archangels after Lucifer was banished and then after Gabriel left? I mean, God stayed around after those two left Heaven, so you'd think God would promote a couple angels to always keep four around.

Comment

well he's standing against the archies as if he's one of them in stature.
              so he basically is one, promotion or no.
              part of the whole script being thrown out thing.

Comment

We have no idea if Cas can stop time, so I'd still say Atropos stopped time. Castiel just showed up so he could kill her, because obviously Sam and Dean couldn't because if they ever tried, Atropos could just stop it and leave, lol.

I think Castiel will have gotten power hungry, but to become an archangel...I just don't think it's possible. If an angel could become one, then why didn't we get two more archangels after Lucifer was banished and then after Gabriel left? I mean, God stayed around after those two left Heaven, so you'd think God would promote a couple angels to always keep four around.
                You may have a point. But I think proof that he can stop time is the fact that he was able to walk around like the Fate was able to. Since angels could time travel and Castiel wasn't frozen in time like the Winchesters were, my guess is that he can stop time.

As for promoting & why God didn't do it earlier, maybe like InactiveUserID said, it's part of the script not being followed anymore. If God's rules was that there wouldn't be any more archangels, then Michael would have followed those rules. I believe God would leave him in charge of stuff like promotions and Michael wouldn't break from the script. But now that he's in the cage & the script is thrown out, anything goes & angels like Castiel can seize power and promote themselves by rising to the occasion. It would definitely fall in line with the throwing out the script plot of this season.

Comment

Why would Castiel be frozen in time though? During the scene with Castiel and Atropos, we did see Balthazar behind Atropos and about to kill her. So, we could also say Balthazar stopped time as well, which was unlikely as well.

I think the "tearing of the script" matters to more of the destiny and fate kind of deal, but to say Castiel made himself as powerful as an archangel would make no sense, imo. Raphael beat the crap out of Cas in "The Third Man" and it seems that Castiel definitely needed the weapons to have an edge over Raphael's army, but even with that, supposedly Castiel's side will be given more loss than wins before the end of this season. If Castiel did have a fake promotion or whatever to become an archangel, you'd think the sides would be even between Raph and Cas.

Comment

I'm going to state one more thing about this time freezing topic, then I'm done since this thread isn't about it. Why would Atropos attempt to kill the Winchesters and then stop time before they die just because Cas comes? And in the conversation that Cas has with Atropos it seems to point that he prevented the fridge or whatever it was from falling on them.

In fact supernaturalwiki I'm assuming agrees because it states "Back in Chester, Sam and Dean try and go about their business - anxious at the possibility of death at every turn. Finally a piece of machinery falls from a building - but Castiel stops it"
                    Last edited by kcufehttahw; 04-18-2011, 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by kcufehttahw
                      I'm going to state one more thing about this time freezing topic, then I'm done since this thread isn't about it. Why would Atropos attempt to kill the Winchesters and then stop time before they die just because Cas comes? And in the conversation that Cas has with Atropos it seems to point that he prevented the fridge or whatever it was from falling on them.

In fact supernaturalwiki I'm assuming agrees because it states "Back in Chester, Sam and Dean try and go about their business - anxious at the possibility of death at every turn. Finally a piece of machinery falls from a building - but Castiel stops it"
                      Well, I could understand that the Fate would have stopped it because she wanted to use the Winchesters' deaths as a bargaining chip to get Castiel to go back & allow the Titanic to sink. I think she knew if she killed the Winchesters, Castiel could either resurrect them himself or go back in time & kill her before she did it. That's actually something I'm surprised Castiel didn't bring up. It didn't seem like the Fates could time travel, but only stop time. Otherwise, I'm sure they would have gone back to undo the damage Balthazar did by saving the Titanic themselves. So Castiel or Balthazar could have gone back in time to a moment in time he knew the Fates were and killed them at any time period of his choosing much like Michael did with Anna. Anna never stood a chance at killing Sam like she wanted because Michael could always go back to the moment just before she killed him and wipe her out. The same holds true with Castiel & the Fate sisters if they decided to get revenge on him had the Fate in My Heart Will Go On been killed by Balthazar.

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

Why would Castiel be frozen in time though? During the scene with Castiel and Atropos, we did see Balthazar behind Atropos and about to kill her. So, we could also say Balthazar stopped time as well, which was unlikely as well.
                      Why wouldn't he though? If he can't stop time himself, then wouldn't he be just another thing in time who would be frozen? My thought is that anyone who wasn't frozen in time has the ability to do it. Once one person stops it, others with the ability would be able to unfreeze time or show up on the scene while it's frozen. That's my opinion on how it works.

I think the "tearing of the script" matters to more of the destiny and fate kind of deal, but to say Castiel made himself as powerful as an archangel would make no sense, imo. Raphael beat the crap out of Cas in "The Third Man" and it seems that Castiel definitely needed the weapons to have an edge over Raphael's army, but even with that, supposedly Castiel's side will be given more loss than wins before the end of this season. If Castiel did have a fake promotion or whatever to become an archangel, you'd think the sides would be even between Raph and Cas.
                      The Third Man was one of the earlier episodes of the season when Castiel wasn't as confident and was in more of an urgent mode to find the weapons in the arsenal. So I would think becoming an archangel or seizing the amount of power it would take for him to become equal to one even if he wasn't called on was something that happened in the middle of this season. Maybe not long before Cagaed Heat. And even if he had some sort of promotion, I think there are many more angels on Raphael's side than Castiel's side since he's always been a powerful archangel and commanded a great deal of influence for a very long time not to mention since Michael got trapped in hell.
                      Last edited by xrayvision; 04-18-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Don't trust supernatualwiki's episode write ups. Mostly because in the same page, Atropos is known as a 'he' in one sentence and then a 'she' in the other.

But, what I am referring to is this: we saw Atropos stopping time earlier in the episode, so it it just makes the most sense that when time was stopped again, it was because of Atropos unless the Fates are like angels in that respect. I just think she stopped time because either: A) she wanted to use the Winchesters as bargaining chips, B) she wanted to threaten Castiel in telling the Winchesters what's he been up to, or C) she had other ideas to kill the brothers besides just a cooler/fridge/whatever it was in squashing them. That is why I am saying Atropos stopped the time. And besides, IF Castiel stopped time during that scene, instead of transporting the brothers to White Russia, why didn't he just turn off all of the gas knobs before Dean flicked his lighter?

And yes, I am aware of TTM being an early episode, but still, it should show that Castiel, if he were to have become an archangel, it would've been during the year between five and six, imo. The weapons will make him powerful and power hungry as suspected before, but to become an archangel..I don't think it's possible. And if it were, Castiel should've just killed Raphael at the end of TFM, but he didn't, or couldn't.
                        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-19-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

i doubt he is. i dont look as archangels as a "rank" as I do a type of angel, or a type of creation for that matter. If he could become/was made an arch angel, then it stands to reason humans could become angels too, which is something I dont think happens in supernatural.

It would like chaning a house cat to a tiger. Yes they are both in the feline family, but they are two different things. I wont argue he's stronger than he was last season, but i just attribute that to being "reconnected" to heaven.

Comment

Perhaps he's been promoted? Maybe he's the highest Angel rank he can be, without being an Archangel/Seraph.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎