No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the episode NOW?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRAM-el
    Actually my opinion was better BEFORE the ep aired than after. Although the acting was superb, and the Tess cleavage spectacular, the writing once again let me down. BIG TIME. It felt like filler and didn't move anything forward IMO. I couldn't care less what happens in the AU and the CL redemption was a joke -- COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE. I know I must sound like a broken record when it comes down to the inconsistensies and utter nonsense that comes from the writer's room, but it's the way I feel, and I'm not ashamed to state that opinion. I'm not seeking agreement or acceptance (unlike our friend, SV Clark, LOL). No loose ends were wrapped, and even more confusion abounded w/ no real purpose or direction. Even the CK/AUJK scenes were disappointing, I was hoping they would go SO much further than they did. As much as I thought the original premise of SV was a fabulous idea and I've stuck with it (for the most part painfully), I'm sad to say I just want it to end now so the showrunners won't be able to poison the Superman mythos any further. Sorry for the downer, and no offense to any fans who liked/loved it, but I was EXTREMELY disappointed. That's all I can say.
    Don't hold back on the rant now! Sometime the truest words are spoken in anger.

I hated the episode too, but probably for different reasons than you did. But hey, at least you got to see the Tess cleavage spectacular! I don't think you'll be treated to those bad boys again anytime soon.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Perhaps Lord Smokeseid succumbed to lung cancer in the AU...

Well smoking can do that to you!
    Last edited by Chucktastic; 04-16-2011, 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Chucktastic
      But hey, at least you got to see the Tess cleavage spectacular! I don't think you'll be treated to those bad boys again anytime soon.
      That's what DVD's are for...

Comment

That's what DVD's are for...
        I don't know if that's a normal, healthy response or just plain perverted!

Comment

Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucktastic
            I don't know if that's a normal, healthy response or just plain perverted!
            It's just that there would be no other reason to get the S10 set. A guy's gotta have SOMETHING to fall back on..

Comment

Last night I thought it was okay but I hated the ending usually I do not agree with people who say a character is stupid since it just a matter of circumstances in tv but Clark just sending Ultraman back was stupid. Upon thinking about it I remembered pretty much he was run out of his universe everyone knew his face and weakness so he left for his own safety. I still do not like that Clark just sent him back the writers should have had the Fortress depower him but it does not bother as much as last night.

Comment

It's just that there would be no other reason to get the S10 set. A guy's gotta have SOMETHING to fall back on..
                Better than nothing, I suppose.

Comment

The only disappointment was that there wasn't a Clark Kent/Clark Luthor fight (or at least not a better one).

But I loved this episode! I thought it was better than Luthor (and I loved Luthor )

Comment

Gave it an OK+.

Comment

Still a thumbs up for me. It was not bad at all, however I did want a Clark on Clark royal rumble. Oh well

Comment

It was an amazing episode, the kind that you watch over and over and over once you buy the dvd set! I loved seeing dear Pa' Kent again, he surely was missed. JS presence has quality and sensibility, he's definitely a great actor and glad he's back in these last episodes.

Comment

Still loved it!

The dynamics were great.

I know the CL/Tess storyline bothered some people but I actually enjoy it because of the fact that it's not CK. As much as I still want Tess on the good side there was such a sexy dynamic between her and Clark Luthor.

One of the best parts, Clois aside, was when AU Johnathan called Clark son. The moment when they were about to hug was sad. It once again showed that death is a dividing line no matter the universe. And though Johnathan was obviously alive it still held back from that reunion. (Somehow I keep hoping that the line will be crossed and Clark will get to hold his father again but who knows).

The Clois stuff was pure magic as always especially when Lois said that Smallville was home. That statement alone spoke volumes from the moment Lois called him Smallville back in season 4 to the many times she continued to do so and it solidifyed that no matter where life takes them Smallville will always be along for the ride because much like Clark is Superman Clark is also Smallville.

Comment

Terrible plot. Gold kryptonite? LOL Oh also after all the death and pain and suffering he caused in the other world, funny that CK still gave CL another chance, and gave him a ticket back to his world. I mean come on, being a Hero means doing the hard things! Look at our soldiers in wars in the middle east and all over the world, these men and women are TRUE HEROS. They make tough choices and even take lives. This show is showing us a failed character who chooses the easy routes solely to avoid making the tougher decisions, getting his hands dirty. Clark Kent is more of a lawyer than anything.

Another thing, do you really think there is real love between clark and Lois?? Come on, that ain't no way to have a true relationship in the real world. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The Ship!
                              Look at our soldiers in wars in the middle east and all over the world, these men and women are TRUE HEROS. They make tough choices and even take lives. This show is showing us a failed character who chooses the easy routes solely to avoid making the tougher decisions, getting his hands dirty. Clark Kent is more of a lawyer than anything.
                              Just because SV brings up politics doesn't mean you have to do it too. And even so, comparing it to war?? Clark killing Clark Luthor would have solved nothing.

Funny you bring up lawyers since they either prosecute or defend someone on trial. CK did neither which I'm disappointed. He just let the murderer go instead of seeing that he gets a proper trial.

Comment

Y'know, what? Second viewing....this episode IS STILL a huge letdown for me, but I'm digging this new, naive Clark Kent a little bit. But only because I'm thinking of the future. I can picture Smallville's version of Superman to be extremely naive and trustworthy, and we have to realize that Superman isn't exactly stagnant himself. He's also going to progress as a person even after he dons the cape, and learn new things. Perhaps (I'm gonna start reaching) Superman's sense of justice and judgment will be balanced out once he meets Batman, who must exist somewhere in the Smallvile verse. I see it as this version of Superman, and Batman will eventually rub off on one another after they become rivals to friendemies to best friends. Superman will gain some of Batman's 'edge', or more.....sound view of justice, whereas Batman will learn from Superman that he doesn't have to beat all criminals to a pulp, and redemption in criminals is possible. I don't think this was what PS3 is planning AT ALL, but it's a nice, fanon theory of mine tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎