No announcement yet.

Superman in the Finale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VilleFan
    However he is seen, I'm pretty positive it will only be in the last scene.

Hopefully we get the whole costume instead of just a shirt rip though....
    Most likely shirt rip, and off into the sky he goes with a quick red blur [end scene/series]

Comment

Al Gough said the original ending was always going to be Clark putting on the suit and flying off to his destiny. If Al and Miles were going to do that, I can't imagine Brian and Kelly doing less than that, so I think it's safe to say we'll see Clark in the suit. Personally, I want to see him save a plane of some sort while wearing the suit and then fly over the city with people doing the "Look! Up in the sky!" thing. A Reeve camera smile would be cool since the show's so heavily influenced by the Donnerverse. Bonus points if the last shot has the Smallville water tower or welcome sign in the background.

Comment

I want significant time in the suit(like half the 2nd part) but that is probably wishful thinking on my part.....

Comment

Originally posted by vezz801
          If we're not going to see him in the suit, then what is the point of reminding the audience of the suit in the 30 sec trailer and showing the Superman shadow (with cape) in the 10 sec promo?
          To get people to watch. That's always the point of promotion and yes, promotion is often misleading.
          Originally posted by vezz801
          Fairly certain Tom has known for a while that it would be how the show would end. He knows the backlash that would occur if he didn't put the suit on.
          No one fears the backlash of this fandom. No one. If they did, so many different choices would have been made over the years. Why should they fear backlash? For as many people as there are who will cry over their failings, there are just as many who will make excuses for them and say they are shooting out turds of gold.

As for my opinion on the original topic, we will most likely get one suit scene, possibly flying but not guaranteed. Hopefully not just a red blur or something equally lame.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by RichardMarx
          Most likely shirt rip, and off into the sky he goes with a quick red blur [end scene/series]
          That's exactly what I'm dreading but expecting.
          Last edited by Dr_Who; 04-18-2011, 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

U will get a blur and people's reactions that's it !!

Like they will care if people are annoyed
            the shows is finished
            not like we will stop watching the next season

Comment

Even if Tom will fly in the suit above the people it will be too little too late. A minute of Superman after 10 years of everything is meh. Though, a blur or a suit, im sure it will be in the final scene, the way they keep talking about that final scene and the way Tom mentioned it in the radio interview only reaffirms it. Now, I wouldnt really mind that if they did Darkseid justice instead of ruining me and if the season was more consistent in quality, but it's not. Ah well, the end is near.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎