Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm pretty sure Castiel resurrected Samuel now for access to Purgatory's souls

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure Castiel resurrected Samuel now for access to Purgatory's souls

Ginx gave me a good idea with a post of hers regarding Castiel's actions in this episode.

I'm pretty sure Castiel & Crowley met sometime after the events of Swan Song & made some sort of partnership regarding the post-Apocalypse events. I think Crowley & Castiel both wanted to gain access of Purgatory for different reasons. Crowley wanted it for the power & Castiel wanted it for his war against Raphael.

So I think Castiel resurrected Samuel so Crowley could make him his b---h & use him as his encyclopedia to gain access to Purgatory. Meanwhile, Castiel knew from the start that he would betray & kill Crowley once access to Purgatory was gained. So I think Samuel was a linchpin in Castiel's plan to ultimately gain access to Purgatory and use the souls inside for whatever purposes he's using them in his war against Raphael since Balthazar said that souls are very valuable. And my guess is that Balthazar's statement not only applies to human souls but monsters' souls too. And just think of how many dead monsters there must be in Purgatory. If saving the Titanic from sinking gave him 50,000 souls, then gaining access to Purgatory would give him millions of souls.

I really hope I'm right because it would really tie together the 2 biggest subplots in this season. But it would also make Castiel to show a very evil side of him that I'd rather not see. But then again, after the events of this episode, I think that evil side is inevitable. I think it's very possible that Castiel can end up becoming the next devil/Satan.

If Crowley pretty much did nothing, then why would he be given the title of King of Hell though?

I mean, supposedly we find out that someone else brought Sam's body out of the cage and if someone brought Samuel down from Heaven, then what specialities did Crowley have with the title of KoH?

I had hoped Crowley did all of that by himself because it would've been a nice addition to give Hell a new leader besides Lucifer, but, my hope of that is thinning now. Dang. Well, I guess I will be wrong about this topic, lol.

Comment

If Crowley pretty much did nothing, then why would he be given the title of King of Hell though?
      Well, I think he was basically just the most popular in hell, since it turned out he was right about Lucifer being both anti-demon and not quite the unstoppable badass the Satan-worshipping demons thought he was.

So who resurrected soulless Sam? Well, I don’t think it was Castiel for 2 reasons:

i) If Castiel did it, it seems like the main reason would’ve been just to give Samuel some muscle, but it just doesn’t seem like a big enough advantage to justify a massive betrayal, especially when one considers other things Castiel could’ve done to help Samuel (e.g. resurrecting more hunters, giving Samuel some magical weapons, etc.).
      ii) Why did Castiel tell them his soul was missing? He could’ve just said it was damaged or made something else up. Also, Castiel doesn’t seem like that good a liar (although he’s a better liar than the boys know).

So who else? Neither Raphael or Death have any obvious motives. My best guess is that his body was expelled as a result of some conflict that went down in the cage between Michael and Lucifer. This might lead to a storyline that will involve Adam’s return.

Comment

What if....Crowley isn't dead.....and Cas 'killed him' so quickly to make everyone think he's dead. LOL.

Because then Cas and Crowley could be working together for a chance to
        1) win heaven back (Cas wins) and fight 2) purgatory mother that's is coming out to kill everything aka no more souls for heaven or hell to play with?

Maybe I've had too much coffee lol

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
        Ginx gave me a good idea with a post of hers regarding Castiel's actions in this episode.

I'm pretty sure Castiel & Crowley met sometime after the events of Swan Song & made some sort of partnership regarding the post-Apocalypse events. I think Crowley & Castiel both wanted to gain access of Purgatory for different reasons. Crowley wanted it for the power & Castiel wanted it for his war against Raphael.

And my guess is that Balthazar's statement not only applies to human souls but monsters' souls too. And just think of how many dead monsters there must be in Purgatory. If saving the Titanic from sinking gave him 50,000 souls, then gaining access to Purgatory would give him millions of souls.

I really hope I'm right because it would really tie together the 2 biggest subplots in this season. But it would also make Castiel to show a very evil side of him that I'd rather not see. But then again, after the events of this episode, I think that evil side is inevitable. I think it's very possible that Castiel can end up becoming the next devil/Satan.
        I had thought about Cas becoming King of Hell too - it just kinda makes sense if he keeps going the way he's going.....

and yeah, if they need souls - kinda like having chips in poker lol.... then they would be doing everything possible to see who has the bigger chip pile. Which I'm still trying to understand because it's not like anyone 'owns' the souls just yet if they're still walking around.......

I'm not sure monsters have souls - thus going to purgatory? I was thinking that purgatory is the dumping ground for people and monsters with no souls. but maybe that's not accurate since Crowley really wanted it bad and what would be the point unless there was something in it for him other than real estate.
        Last edited by Ginx; 04-16-2011, 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

See, I at least think Crowley is dead, lol. Unless Castiel used fake fire, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
            What if....Crowley isn't dead.....and Cas 'killed him' so quickly to make everyone think he's dead. LOL.

Because then Cas and Crowley could be working together for a chance to
            1) win heaven back (Cas wins) and fight 2) purgatory mother that's is coming out to kill everything aka no more souls for heaven or hell to play with?

Maybe I've had too much coffee lol
            That's actually a very interesting theory. It would make sense. And it would fit in with the part of my theory that says Castiel is the one who resurrected Samuel because he would be able to help his partner Crowley in getting info on Purgatory's whereabouts. So this is something that can definitely happen. If it does, then it shows how messed up Cas' ideals have gotten with things in their current state of lawlessness.

I had thought about Cas becoming King of Hell too - it just kinda makes sense if he keeps going the way he's going.....
            Well, maybe not king of hell, which I think is only a term that Crowley made to make himself sound more badass, but soon to be another fallen angel like you know who. It's possible that the lesson will be that even with Lucifer locked away, it is inevitable that there must be a devil who misleads & deceives people. Cas may be filling that role.

and yeah, if they need souls - kinda like having chips in poker lol.... then they would be doing everything possible to see who has the bigger chip pile. Which I'm still trying to understand because it's not like anyone 'owns' the souls just yet if they're still walking around.......
            I'm still trying to figure out what Balthazar meant by that. Do these souls that he mentioned have free reign in Heaven or are they prisoners of angels? My initial thought has been that they are prisoners based on how we saw Zachariah coming after the Winchesters last season when they were in Heaven. It's probably really messed up there with all that's going on. So messed up that there's probably not much of a difference between it & hell given the tactics angels have used in Supernatural. Ash & Pamela are probably serving some angel now rather than having peace like they did last time we saw them. What's really interesting is that if this is the case, then the Winchesters sacrificed not only the paradise on Earth that would have begun after the defeat of Lucifer, but also any paradise that was in Supernatural's Heaven all to save the people who would have been killed by Armageddon.

I'm not sure monsters have souls - thus going to purgatory? I was thinking that purgatory is the dumping ground for people and monsters with no souls. but maybe that's not accurate since Crowley really wanted it bad and what would be the point unless there was something in it for him other than real estate.
            I would think they do. Otherwise, what part of them would be in Purgatory? Their corpses remain on Earth so something must go there. I even think I remember one of the alphas talking about monsters' souls. I definitely think the ultimate purpose for gaining access to Purgatory now is power for Castiel in the war against Raphael. It's possible that Cas promised Crowley some sort of un-demonizing or redemption or access into Heaven. Cas has to have something to do with it.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what Balthazar meant by that. Do these souls that he mentioned have free reign in Heaven or are they prisoners of angels?
              I think it's kind of like the Matrix. The more souls you control the more magical mojo/power you have.

Comment

Originally posted by oldfan
                I think it's kind of like the Matrix. The more souls you control the more magical mojo/power you have.
                Which is why I think Cas knows more about Eve. I mean, to get so many souls to take out a fellow angel? I think it's more about Cas trying to defeat Eve.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎