Collapse
No announcement yet.

So..Clark Luthor Flys but Clark Kent can't

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not because of budget issues or else they wouldn't bring in other characters who fly.

Notice the way Clark Luthor flew in the FoS was similar to how Bizarro flew there back in the 7th season. I wish there was a battle between Bizarro and Ultraman, moreso I wish there was a 3-way clash between all three Clarks in the FoS.

Comment

I found the scene where Clark runs away from CL hilarious and even more so when I saw Luthor flying behind him to the fortress. Plus it was stock footage rolled into one.

Comment

Lionel was a better father????

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
          Clark KENT has mental and emotional issues that keep him from Flying... like it was alluded to in Lazarus "it is ALL in his head"... therefore, anyone else with his same molecular structure can and will fly!

I think the show, is just showing that this is strictly a Clark KENT issue!!
          I believe the explaination Jor-El himself gave to Clark in season 9 episode 1 when Clark asked him why he couldn't fly even though he is doing his kryptonian training is that he still considers part of himself as "human" and therefore, he cannot fully activate all his kryptonian powers.

Comment

Originally posted by pjack
            Why can CL fly but CK can't? He flew into the fortress while CK ran. Again why does everyone else fly?
            But, does Clark not being able to fly surprise anyone? I'm guessing no

Comment

Clark can fly he chooses not to because its, "so yesterday".

Comment

Originally posted by Ressurrector
                BS...how did he save a dangling tess? Ran up the building?
                Of course he did. That technique isn't unique to the Flash

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                  Of course he did. That technique isn't unique to the Flash
                  That would have been an awesome effect shot...if it was actually shown.

Comment

If you rewatch the new power episodes, there's a recurring theme of Clark & Co trying to avoid dealing with the new power (hoping it would go away). Clark's also only been showed trying to fly twice and called it quits real fast. Clark Luthor was probably forced by Lionel to go up to the roof of the mansion and jump off it, until he learned to fly (could have been weeks or even months).

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
                      I dont believe it's cause of budget, I mean he flew on lois and clark. I doubt that their budget was anything close to smallville's.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
                      As a HUGE LnC fan I appreciate this comment very much. I still go back and watch LnC allll the time because I want to remember what it was like to see a modern Superman show where - even though charged as being "Soap-Opera-y" - Superman actually had all the classic characters, and actually *flew* around *in* a suit. I really miss that. The more I go back and watch it the worse the FX look from almost 2 decades ago but I still can't get enough.

I have many friends at work that I found out were Smallville fans and was actually able to get them to watch LnC via Netflix, and even they said, too, after watching Smallville for years, they still enjoyed LnC - cheesy as it may look now - because it's *what fans WANT to see*.

Again, like I always say, you can't knock a classic. People wonder why they keep making Superman shows and movies, but he's CLASSIC, and a classic never dies! ^_^b

Comment

Originally posted by HoldinOut4AHero
                        As a HUGE LnC fan I appreciate this comment very much. I still go back and watch LnC allll the time because I want to remember what it was like to see a modern Superman show where - even though charged as being "Soap-Opera-y" - Superman actually had all the classic characters, and actually *flew* around *in* a suit. I really miss that. The more I go back and watch it the worse the FX look from almost 2 decades ago but I still can't get enough.

I have many friends at work that I found out were Smallville fans and was actually able to get them to watch LnC via Netflix, and even they said, too, after watching Smallville for years, they still enjoyed LnC - cheesy as it may look now - because it's *what fans WANT to see*.

Again, like I always say, you can't knock a classic. People wonder why they keep making Superman shows and movies, but he's CLASSIC, and a classic never dies! ^_^b
                        Yeah I agree, I started watching lois and clark again like two weeks ago when I found it on netflix. its just cool to see superman in costume and flying without the smallville no tights no flights bs that in my mind limits the show.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎