Collapse
No announcement yet.

TW's acting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ to me it was just confidence which is why later when she was with CL she didn't immediately notice because obviously CK is confident with her. Right after he delivered the line at the DP he gave Lois a look/smile that was totally CK. I've noticed in not just this ep but in several others CK behaving this way so to me it wasn't CL in CK moments.

Comment

^^Totally, agree, Jen. It seemed to me that he used the same tone of voice when he said "Hi" to Lois at their engagement party in Icarus.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
        ^ to me it was just confidence which is why later when she was with CL she didn't immediately notice because obviously CK is confident with her. Right after he delivered the line at the DP he gave Lois a look/smile that was totally CK. I've noticed in not just this ep but in several others CK behaving this way so to me it wasn't CL in CK moments.
        I think so too. Sometimes Clark does act a little different with Lois like when he put her up on the top of the counter and kissed her in the Talon apartment last year. There was speculation that he was on Red K but he wasn't. If Tom wasn't suppose to do this scene in "Kent" this way, the director would have made him do it different.

Comment

Originally posted by VilleFan
          Call me crazy, but I thought some of the Clark Luthor persona bled over into his performance as Clark Kent. I mean, it wasn't a huge thing, I just noticed subtle similarities.

Like in the first scene with Lois, I thought CK was acting a little off. And his gaze at Lois was very Clark Luthor-ish. And the scene at the end with Lois again, was reminiscent of CL.

Don't bite my head off, just something I noticed.
          I actually thought the same thing in the scene with Lois in the beginning...I briefly thought it was Clark Luthor...that was the only time I noticed it though

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
            I think so too. Sometimes Clark does act a little different with Lois like when he put her up on the top of the counter and kissed her in the Talon apartment last year. There was speculation that he was on Red K but he wasn't. If Tom wasn't suppose to do this scene in "Kent" this way, the director would have made him do it different.
            Yes, Lois has always brought out that side of him, which is why it was believable that she didn't pick up right away (that and Clark himself told her he destroyed the mirror box so CL would probably not occur to her.)

I thought Tom was brilliant throughout. But I think he's vastly underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by VilleFan
              Call me crazy, but I thought some of the Clark Luthor persona bled over into his performance as Clark Kent. I mean, it wasn't a huge thing, I just noticed subtle similarities.

Like in the first scene with Lois, I thought CK was acting a little off. And his gaze at Lois was very Clark Luthor-ish. And the scene at the end with Lois again, was reminiscent of CL.

Don't bite my head off, just something I noticed.
              When Clark is being flirty he doesn't remind me of CL. CL has a sinister look to him with his seduction, that makes you nervous and kind of scared; where as with Clark it makes you smile.

Comment

Like I said, it wasn't his entire performance as Clark Kent, there were just small moments like that where I thought he could have been CL.

But I'm not dismissing his awesome performance as CL. In regards to that, he knocked it out of the park

Comment

I thought this was acted well, but I feel like I've seen better out of TW. I do hope he gets a big screen offer for a "complicated" role in a movie soon. I don't really care if it's a good guy or bad guy, just something different than his role on SV.

Comment

Perhaps a long time back I may have taken a pot-shot or two at Tom's acting (okay, maybe not quite, but I have been critical in the past) but as the seasons have come and gone, he has just gotten better and better. I think he has acted the hell out of this entire season - given great performances left, right and center.

And can I just say for the millionth time how much I am looking forward to what he does next? I really think he has versatility as an actor, the surface of which has only been scratched here on SV. I hope he explores that more fully in his career. Scratch it, Tommy baby, SCRATCH IT!!

PS the person who asked if they were imagining things - yes, yes you are. (And I mean that in the kindest, most PC way possible.)

Comment

IMO Season 10 is toms best acting, in every ep he really sells and emotional performance thats very Supermanly. he has always been talented and very good, he likes to have fun and change it up somtimes and ya gotta respect that, Hes really pushed it to the limit IMO and i honestly cant see anyone else in the role, for now.

The thing i liked the most was he really hit Clark Luthor out of the park, he was very cold and evil in Luthor but in Kent he showed a side of redemption and it really sold the fact he was givin a second chance. Tom was really good at making them seem like 2 different people.

Comment

He is stellar in his portrayal of a complex character. Never has Clark Kent been so real. Clark is a boyscout and always has been which does not appeal to everyone, but the actor has created a solid person out of an out of this world comic book character. Tom's portrayal of the contasting Clark Luthor was simply chilling.

From his first scene, the ultra (pardon the pun) controlled demeanor spoke of unlimited power at his easy disposal. He convincing portrayed a Clark, after being raised by Luthors and poisoned by years of red-k, able and willing to lashout and decimate without the slighest compunction. The acting challenge was to be an almost opposite character but retain a small spark of vulnerability at the end which hinted at the possibility of considering redemption. And Tom totally sold it from the first scene to the last.

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
                          When Clark is being flirty he doesn't remind me of CL. CL has a sinister look to him with his seduction, that makes you nervous and kind of scared; where as with Clark it makes you smile.
                          I agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎