Collapse
No announcement yet.

TW's acting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the years, I've been sort of skeptical of Welling's acting abilities. Sometimes he does well; sometimes, not so much.

Tonight, however, was a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th, interception and runback for the TD, and whatever the hell else you have to do to get that Spanish sports announcer to yell, "GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!" for 40 seconds.

Outstanding job tonight. Outstanding.

Comment

TW is growing as an actor. His directing is good as well. I just can't stand the thought of not being able to look at that fine hunk o'man every week! man he is soooo good looking! I love it when he is bad. you can tell when he is CL just by the subtle changes in his facial expressions, his walk, and his voice. Very good acting!

Comment

TOMS ACTING TONIGHT WAS SO GOOD!!!!

I mean he played two completely different characters, i mean even the face expressions are different, hes a boss and a talented actor. I was really impressed.

Ultraman eating the steak at the ace of clubs VS Clark cuddling with lois on the porch?

Comment

Tom was amazing. He's always great when he gets to explore a darker character, like Clark Luthor. But I think its his overall performance as Clark Kent thats woefully underrated. No, he isn't perfect at every moment, and he's had off episodes. But so has every other cast member of SV, and no one has logged the screentime Tom has.

He's great. And I really think he could go very far if he really wanted to, and put the effort into it.

Comment

He was great as the hero and the villain.

JS was great too, like always.

Comment

I dont buy TW as a bad guy, as brilliant an actor he is, him playing the bad guy doesnt come off as real to me. Its worse with CL, but he is better as Red k and bizzarro. I prefer him as just clark kent, he has always been awesome as that guy, a hero is what he plays better imo.

Comment

If you have any doubt of Tom Welling's acting skills just look at Clark on Red K , Bizzaro & Clark Luther. All bad but in totally different ways. They don't seem the same at all. That's a great actor.

Comment

Welling looked bored.

This guy seems to look more and more bored each season since around season 6. There were times where i thought i was being a bit too harsh on him, but in this ep his boredom seemed to stand out alot more than usual. Has anyone else noticed this, or am i just imagining things?

Comment

Since you asked, you are imagining things.

Comment

He's still mediocre, imo, but as others point out, the writing is at least partly to blame. TW is good at playing Red K Clark though.

Comment

Originally posted by computermaster
                        This guy seems to look more and more bored each season since around season 6. There were times where i thought i was being a bit too harsh on him, but in this ep his boredom seemed to stand out alot more than usual. Has anyone else noticed this, or am i just imagining things?
                        You are imaginaging things

Comment

TW's acting shines whether he's playing a good guy or a bad guy but the script keeps Clark Kent's character grounded in more ways than one.

Comment

For ten years i've looked up to his character who has become inspirational, thank you Tom.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I thought some of the Clark Luthor persona bled over into his performance as Clark Kent. I mean, it wasn't a huge thing, I just noticed subtle similarities.

Like in the first scene with Lois, I thought CK was acting a little off. And his gaze at Lois was very Clark Luthor-ish. And the scene at the end with Lois again, was reminiscent of CL.

Don't bite my head off, just something I noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by VilleFan
                                Call me crazy, but I thought some of the Clark Luthor persona bled over into his performance as Clark Kent. I mean, it wasn't a huge thing, I just noticed subtle similarities.

Like in the first scene with Lois, I thought CK was acting a little off. And his gaze at Lois was very Clark Luthor-ish. And the scene at the end with Lois again, was reminiscent of CL.

Don't bite my head off, just something I noticed.
                                i agree with this! although i think Tom's acting was good i do think i saw bits of CL when it was supposed to be CK.

the first scene with Lois is when i noticed it, particularly his first line, 'How was your day' , and the way he looked at her, i thought it was very Clark Luthor

rest was good though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎