No announcement yet.

Best 17th Episode of the Series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
    Retroactive hatred of movies/episodes/characters is not very fair at all.
    It's not retroactive though, I hated Jor-El the way he was written in the episode Rosetta. When I first watched Rosetta, they made it a little ambiguous leaning towards bad(so I was willing to give benefit of a doubt on first viewing), but by season's end we got a full view what a terrible character Jor-El was. When I do my worst lists about what is wrong with Smallville Jor-El makes my top 2-3 things if not #1 so anything that is smeared with bad Jor-El plots usually gets lower marks in my book.

Much like a bad angsty Clana ending scene(Lana makes a passive aggressive comment towards Clark about secrets and lies, Clark looks dumbfounded, then lana storms out of the loft) can knock an episode down for me a notch, the last scene of Rosetta did that for me as well.

It's not a case like Lana where I liked S1+2 Lana/Clana, but didn't care for S3+ Lana/Clana so I hold everything against her in early seasons. I generally will be more forgiving to episodes I don't find Lana(or more so Clana) annoying. In the case of Jor-El I would argue S6+ Jor-El was a huge improvement(although still not the greatest character) then S2-5 Jor-El. In general I think Jor-El should have been written as a positive to Clark's life and not the way they did
    Last edited by Supsfan; 04-16-2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Rosetta destoryed this poll

Comment

Rosetta no doubt about it. Kent comes second!

Comment

From best to worst:

1) Season 3: Legacy
          2) Season 4: Onyx
          3) Season 2: Rosetta
          4) Season 6: Combat
          5) Season 10: Kent
          6) Season 9: Checkmate
          7) Season 8: Hex
          8) Season 7: Sleeper
          9) Season 1: Reaper
          10) Season 5: Void

Comment

I voted for Combat if only because it was the first time we ever truly saw Clark in an all out battle. To me that one fight sequnce was one of the best live action fight scenes on a TV show. To this day I don't know why they decided to finally get their 'fight sequence act' together for that episode, but I'm glad they did.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
              I voted for Combat if only because it was the first time we ever truly saw Clark in an all out battle. To me that one fight sequnce was one of the best live action fight scenes on a TV show. To this day I don't know why they decided to finally get their 'fight sequence act' together for that episode, but I'm glad they did.
              I am guessing they knew that Promise wasn't everybody's cup of tea and had to go all out in a different direction the next episode. I like Combat for the fight alone but I just wish the episode was more stand alone, it still had to much Clexana crap for my tastes(sadly I think there was a few episodes int he second half of S6 that get knocked down a notch by being tied to the Clexana soap opera)

Comment

Rosetta for the win, for all the reasons stated upthread. And especially Christopher Reeve. I use a wheelchair myself (have for nineteen years now). That man inspired me, and still does, in huge ways.

Hex for being so light-hearted (the "Lois"/Clark scene on the rooftop is just classic!), Combat for the amazing fight scene, and of course, Kent.

Comment

Kent is one of my favourites of the series but Rosetta just simply cannot be beaten!

Comment

Rosetta is my favorite episode but I have to say that I really thought highly of Kent. I usually vote for the old episodes and there is no way I am not going to vote for Rosetta (Legacy was great too). But, if anything else was up against Kent besides Rosetta, I would have voted for Kent. I really, really liked it and believe it will stand the test of time with the classic Smallville episodes. Sleeper was a total stinker. I have to just get that off my chest. The weakest episode of the weakest season of Smallville.

Comment

1- Onyx
                      2- Rosetta
                      3- Combat
                      4- Kent
                      5- Checkmate
                      6- Void
                      7- Legacy
                      8- Reaper
                      9- Hex
                      10- Sleeper

Comment

Rosetta, because it has my two favorite "supermen".

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎