75 21.80%

47 13.66%

26 7.56%

13 3.78%

13 3.78%

2 0.58%

5 1.45%

4 1.16%
  • 1 - Our Jonathan was impossible to please, and so am I. This was bad.

11 3.20%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    New In Town
    10 The episode was so emotional, great acting for Tom Welling and John Schneider

It had a few good moments but over all I really wasn't feeling it. Kinda boring to be honest.

I will say that Tess looked fantastic. OMG!

Such an amazing episode, it really struck something deep. Clark Luthor was really unsettling, I mean I saw a horror movie today but that pales compared to this. Acting all around was great and the emotions felt so true. Tess showed some real confliction when faced with the idea of letting Clark Luthor kill Lionel but in the end chose not to. It shows that surroundings can have an affect but it also showed people can change. Clark looked wise an like a real hero when he had the heart to heart chat with both Jonathan and Clark Luthor. If there was ever a moment that define Superman it would be that moment in this episode. Some of the stuff around the edges of the episode proved to be interesting. What I'm wondering is what Tess will do about the Gold Kryptonite that was brought up. Unless she goes back to being bad I'm sure she will tell Clark about it and make an effort to make sure it does not stop Clark. Overall I am pleased with this episode and next week looks amusing. The promos for the Finale look amazing and I am sure we are going to be in for a terrific Finale and I could not be happier.

Really enjoyed this episode a lot. Many touching moments. Selling of the farm, JK and CK convos, Clois convo at the end, JK visiting Martha. Very touching episode overall. Of course all of the CL scenes were great especially enjoyed his scene with Lois in the apartment and of course, with Tess. I could talk about all the Cless in this episode, and it was kinda predictable in how it was going to go between them neverless I'm happy with what we got. Love the pacing and suspense. Love seeing the fortress again and I can tell they use some stock audio for Jor-El, which was lame, but oh, well. I wish we got a better fight with CK/CL, and perhaps explain a little bit more on how Oliver died (like visually see it, got some sort of a flashback to what happened when CL came back to his world in "Luthor"), but you can't have everything. Despite those things, I thought the episode was great. 9/10.

Also loved those promos they were airing during the episode. Makes me kinda happy and sad cause there's only a few episodes left. The Booster promo, however, is not what I expected. For some reason, the episode images appeared serious, but the episode promo had a way different feel. Then again, don't know much about Booster Gold, and maybe that's the type of character he is. I guess I'll judge him next week. I see Cat Grant is back again so it always make for some entertainment.

Loved it. The final scene between Clark and Jonathan is one of my favorite scenes of the season. Really good episode!

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    It wasn't as good as Luthor but it was as good as Beacon! Amazing episode. I really really didn't like that they showed Clark Luthor as a redeemable character. That was the only downside for me. Jonathan Kent was a light as always even though he was a dark character, that last scene him going to see Martha... wow... I got teary eyed!!!

9/10
    Yeah, I was bummed about that too. He is a much better as an evil character.

It had a lot more character growth than plot growth, all in all it was good. A bit slow, and while the ending was good it was very sad, especially for Clark. I wish he'd opened up about seeing Jonathan and all that. He shouldn't try and bottle up how much he misses his dad... didn't like how sad he was. And I don't like the farm being sold, I was hoping that Martha would move back to it in the finale or something, I hate the idea of Clark and Lois not having the farm to come back to at times.

Anyways, yeah it was a very good and strong episode, didn't like Tess questioning things, but LOVED her scene with Emil. I'm glad she didn't really fall for AU Clark, and I loved the Jonathan and Clark stuff, makes me miss him even more. It was a very bittersweet story, I am looking forward to the relative care free story line of Booster.

My favorite part of this episode? The 30 second ad that aired halfway through the show. You know, the one that showed epic clips from past seasons. That ad made me excited for the last run of episodes that are coming soon.

"Kent," however, did not excited me for what is to come. Maybe it's because I've been re-watching some episodes from seasons 2 and 3 and I'm used to more depth from the show. Smallville is only a shell of what it used to be. We all know that. But this is the last set of episodes. Maybe I'm expecting too much? I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Highlights from this episode were the scenes with Clark and Jonathon, and the final scene where Clark was talking about the farm. I'm incredibly ticked that they're giving up the farm. "It's been in your family for three generations, four including Clark," said Martha Kent to Jonathan (Season 3 Episode 1). Allowing the farm to be farmed by someone else - makes sense. But selling it? Watching the Talon, then the Luthor mansion, then the Kent Farm being let go from their respective owners is pretty cool repetition to use through the season, but it saddens me to see it sold off. Anyways, Clark's dialogue towards the farm was really emotional and it got to me as a diehard fan.

Please, please, please Smallville, let's hope the last episodes are strong.

6/10

Great episode as predicted, love being right, loved how it all down about a 9

Though there was no music playing at the club

Loved the Clark centric episode in both worlds. Great job Tom Welling! Ten out of Ten

Quote Originally Posted by mirandalynn22 View Post
    It had a lot more character growth than plot growth, all in all it was good. A bit slow, and while the ending was good it was very sad, especially for Clark. I wish he'd opened up about seeing Jonathan and all that. He shouldn't try and bottle up how much he misses his dad... didn't like how sad he was. And I don't like the farm being sold, I was hoping that Martha would move back to it in the finale or something, I hate the idea of Clark and Lois not having the farm to come back to at times.

Anyways, yeah it was a very good and strong episode, didn't like Tess questioning things, but LOVED her scene with Emil. I'm glad she didn't really fall for AU Clark, and I loved the Jonathan and Clark stuff, makes me miss him even more. It was a very bittersweet story, I am looking forward to the relative care free story line of Booster.
    Yep agreed, wasn't a perfect episode because of those things you touched on. But good none the less

Incurable Postaholic RightWingConspirator's Avatar
    The cable was acting up, so I was forced to watch the thing online....which is not fun on my ancient computer. I saw most of it, but it was breaking up during the scene at the Fortress just after Clark told AU Clark that he (AU) was redeemable, espescially with AU Lionel on "our" earth. I saw Clark call out to Jor-El. I didn't quite catch exactly what happened to AU Clark.
    Interesting that the funeral scene--which closed the omenous trailer all these weeks--was the first scene in the AU segments. Given that it was in black and white, as are all AU scenes, I should have figured out the dead person wasn't from "our" world. But were we told what did in AU Oliver?
    Back to work for me. My in depth thoughts later. Gave it a seven.
    Last edited by RightWingConspirator; 04-15-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: speleng koreckshun.

I didn't like that Clark Luthor could be redeemed.
    He killed Ollie!

A strong 9!

I liked it. Some parts were meh but others were really great. Really wish the whole apartment/telescope thing had happened with Clark Kent though. And I would have loved more time with Clark and Clark and the Fortress. Maybe cut out some of that Tess/CL stuff. I don't know what the producers' obsession is with those two but it disturbs me and feels like a waste.

Anyway, good episode for me.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast