No announcement yet.

Offscreenville Bummer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offscreenville Bummer

Watching the pilot again, I thought of two things, the first being a moment I wish we could have seen. Once Clark superspeeded out of the storm cellar after he was told of his origins, we never saw him with Jonathan or Martha again. I wish we could have seen the subsequent conversation.

Also, but not related to the pilot -- if Jor-El and the Kryptonians had the knowledge of the 28 known galaxies and considering that Jor-El picked the Kents to raise Clark, why were the messages in the ship and on the objects written in Kryptonian rather than English?

Anyway, a fantastic episode and a wonderful series. I saw every episode since the beginning and will miss the show.

I don't think Jor-El wanted anyone but Kal-El to read the messages, and he planned to download him with the Kryptonian language when he put the key in the cave wall. He had it all planned out for Kal-El to learn these things at a certain age.

Comment

We saw Clark with Jonathan again near the end of the episode. Jonathan was telling Clark about where the telescope came from. As Jonathan was walking down from the loft, Clark said "Dad, I'm really glad you and mom found me", to which Jonathan replied "We didn't find you Clark. You found us".

Comment

^I forgot about that. Too bad it wasn't in the TV version.

Comment

There were at least three scenes cut when it aired last night (at least where I live)

- Jonathan explaining to Clark why he can’t have the truck because the Luthors buy their way to the top
          - Clark stacking the trucks in the school parking lot after the dance
          - Clark and Jonathan near the end when Clark says "Dad, I'm really glad you and mom found me”

Kinda disappointed that the third last scene was cut... but we’ve all scene the Pilot many times before haha

Comment

Originally posted by lanalang1018
            There were at least three scenes cut when it aired last night (at least where I live)

- Jonathan explaining to Clark why he can’t have the truck because the Luthors buy their way to the top
            - Clark and Jonathan near the end when Clark says "Dad, I'm really glad you and mom found me”

Kinda disappointed that the third last scene was cut... but we’ve all scene the Pilot many times before haha
            That begs the question why they aired the pilot again in the first place.

Especially regarding pacing. If the "you can't have the truck" scene was cut the next scene where Jonathan goes to Clark for the "reveal" makes far less sense.

Comment

They shouldn't have shown the Pilot if they weren't gonna show all of it.

Comment

I was wondering where those scenes had gone. It's a shame they were cut.

Comment

I was afraid they would pull some stupid thing like that (and WHY??), so i sat down and re-watched the original pilot!

Comment

well with Jor El i think he wanted the kents to watch Clark cause they were good people and would raise him well but when it comes to Clarks powers and stuff he didnt think it was the job of Earthlings to teach him anything about his powers or destiny and it was Jor Els job to teach Clark all of that. Its just more " You raise him but when it comes to our family its our private bissiness so dont butt in cause you wouldnt understand". As we've seen throughout the series Jor El has never wanted anyone but him to interfer with Clarks alien side. He even had Manhunter watch over Clark but told him to butt out. Heck he doesnt even want Clark to teach himself anything. Think Jor El is trying to "live" through Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelous Jr
                      They shouldn't have shown the Pilot if they weren't gonna show all of it.

I guess if they showed the missing scenes, they wouldn't have been able to sell so much commercial time.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎