No announcement yet.

Wioll Clark and Lana end up together

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HopeforTomorrow
    I rewatched Seasons 1-3 after not seeing any of those episodes in a very long time, and by the time I got to the end of Season 3, I just thought that it would've been the perfect time to get it out there. You're right, it didn't make any sense. I guess that we're supposed to assume that Clark decided to change his mind in Forsaken because of what happened to Pete. That's the only thing that I can figure anyway. In any case, they really dropped the ball on that one.
    I think it started to get extremely ridiculous when Clark downright told her that being around him was dangerous. I mean, ? If he went so far as to blatantly admit that he had some huge secret, not to mention that it somehow put her in danger, I think he owed it to her to tell her the truth. Had he come clean with her at that moment, she could have taken steps to protect herself, whereas she could do no such thing while still in the dark. It's one thing to pretend to be an average Joe, but when you get to the point where it's blatantly obvious that you're not (and again, when it's harming someone), it kind of defeats the purpose of keeping that secret in the first place. If she knows he's got some huge secret, she's not going to think of him as an average Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
      Had he come clean with her at that moment, she could have taken steps to protect herself, whereas she could do no such thing while still in the dark. It's one thing to pretend to be an average Joe, but when you get to the point where it's blatantly obvious that you're not (and again, when it's harming someone), it kind of defeats the purpose of keeping that secret in the first place. If she knows he's got some huge secret, she's not going to think of him as an average Joe.
      Excellent point. I mentioned elsewhere that at times, Clark's danger argument often seemed more like a rationalization for not letting Lana get too close. He now appears to understand that danger is worse when his paramour is ignorant of it. Zod may not have gotten anywhere with driving a wedge between Lois and Clark if she had known the secret.
      Last edited by Carstonio; 04-11-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

While that Lana gal sure is a cutie and I really liked the scene in the graveyard and the ending scene. But, I'm pretty sure Clark ends up with Lois and even if she may never appear on this show she is the one Clark has to end up with. But lets enjoy Clark and Lana while we can I mean its not like 2 seasons from now we're going get tired of the contrives and secrets and lies or some stuff like that

Comment

I think it started to get extremely ridiculous when Clark downright told her that being around him was dangerous. I mean, ? If he went so far as to blatantly admit that he had some huge secret, not to mention that it somehow put her in danger, I think he owed it to her to tell her the truth. Had he come clean with her at that moment, she could have taken steps to protect herself, whereas she could do no such thing while still in the dark. It's one thing to pretend to be an average Joe, but when you get to the point where it's blatantly obvious that you're not (and again, when it's harming someone), it kind of defeats the purpose of keeping that secret in the first place. If she knows he's got some huge secret, she's not going to think of him as an average Joe.
          I'm extremely late replying to this, but I just wanted to say that this is a very good point. I think that by the end of Season 3 it had been dragged out long enough. It just got worse and worse the longer they resisted going this route, and unfortunately, very damaging to the series. Great post, Nate!

Comment

So are we talking for a period of time or the rest of time? Because we know Lois has the lock on the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
              So are we talking for a period of time or the rest of time? Because we know Lois has the lock on the latter.
              I think this specific thread is talking about the rest of time, but it's sarcasm because this is from the re-airing during Season 10, during which we know Lana has long since made her final bow.

Comment

The answer would be...NO?
                Originally posted by Smokethatkryptonite
                But lets enjoy Clark and Lana while we can I mean its not like 2 seasons from now we're going get tired of the contrives and secrets and lies or some stuff like that
                If only...
                Last edited by Ankhara; 09-20-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought Clana had its moments in S1 and the first seasons but really only started to feel for them (bad for them) in S5-onward?

I think because in the beginning Lana was just the girl Clark pined for. But in later seasons, they actually had a real relationship going on and so I kind of felt sorry for them that though they both really wanted to make it work, they just couldn't seem to. I'm still not a Clana-er (part of the reason why I never cared much for Clana in the beginning was because I kept waiting for Lois to appear) but for me, the tail end of the story was more compelling. Lana being almost like Lex but this time, Clark being in time to save her from completely being swallowed up by the darkness.

I really didn't care for the S8 Clana arc but the earlier times when Clark actually wanted to marry Lana Lang and when they tried to live together but knew it couldn't last. By then, they had so much history that even though I hadn't cared about the history (personally I find the Pilot scenes boring and unappealing) the sheer amount was something I began to respect and even feel some nostalgia for.

I was so eager to get Lana and Clana off my screen that now when I watch the show I kind of miss them. lol Well, not Clana. I'm so glad that he moved on to Lois. But I do miss Lana. Too bad she couldn't have stuck around for the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by LoisL
                    Am I the only one who thought Clana had its moments in S1 and the first seasons but really only started to feel for them (bad for them) in S5-onward?
                    It had its moments in the first season or two, but it got old real fast for me. It gets older faster each time I re-watch. I felt nothing but frustration about their relationship after Season 3. And so I don't sound like I'm bashing Lana - even though I don't like her - I'll specify that it's the relationship that really frustrated me, which includes Clark and the way he acted when she was around.

Comment

Originally posted by LoisL
                      Am I the only one who thought Clana had its moments in S1 and the first seasons but really only started to feel for them (bad for them) in S5-onward? I think because in the beginning Lana was just the girl Clark pined for. But in later seasons, they actually had a real relationship going on and so I kind of felt sorry for them that though they both really wanted to make it work, they just couldn't seem to.
                      IMO, Lana and Clark were star-crossed; there were a lot of things working against them. When they were in high school, Martha & Jonathan's influence and paranoia kept Clark from telling anyone about his secret. That coupled with his bizarre (and unexplained) behavior when on Red-K, his unimaginative lies, and out-and-out stonewalling put a lot of stress on their relationship. Clark's behavior and treatment of Lana pushed her towards Lex. And that choice almost ruined her. When she and Clark got together after that, she was bottling up a lot of hurt, pain and anger, but I don't think Clark ever gave her the opportunity to vent. He seemed like more of "it's all behind us now, let's move forward" kind of guy even though that method has clearly NEVER worked in his life.

When Lana accidentally received Clark's powers, it became crystal clear that she hated Lex and intended to get her revenge. Clark finally realized how hurt she had been by the marriage. The Bizarro incident forced them to be painfully honest with each other, maybe for the first time in their relationship, but they still loved each other and wanted to give their relationship a chance. I think they would have had a chunk of time that was truly happy, but then Brainiac attacked Lana. Once she recovered from that and escaped from Lex's henchmen, she went on a quest to become stronger.

So she returned to Clark stronger, calmer, more mature and with a definite sense of purpose for her life. Had the Fates been kind, I believe Lana would have been Clark's forever love, but Lex wanted to destroy any chance of that, and we know how that ended. So, Lana and Clark were forced apart. They did not stop loving each other, but they had to move on.

I'm still not a Clana-er (part of the reason why I never cared much for Clana in the beginning was because I kept waiting for Lois to appear)
                      I think this is the root reason why a lot of people hated Lana/Clana. I think it was a disservice to the story TPTB were trying to tell about Clark and Lana to bring Lois into the picture anywhere before season 7 or 8. Now I am not (a) a comic book person, (b) couldn't care less about Superman mythology or iconic characters when it comes to Smallville, and (c) have never liked the character of Lois Lane, so the fact that she is Superman's girlfriend (and later wife) doesn't mean a hell of a lot to me. The Smallville years should have been just that. The pacing of Clark's journey could have been handled a whole lot better than it was, but hindsight is 20-20, and they weren't paying me the big bucks to straighten out their mess.

I really didn't care for the S8 Clana arc but the earlier times when Clark actually wanted to marry Lana Lang and when they tried to live together but knew it couldn't last. By then, they had so much history that even though I hadn't cared about the history...the sheer amount was something I began to respect and even feel some nostalgia for.
                      Well, that's nice of you to say.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

It had its moments in the first season or two, but it got old real fast for me. It gets older faster each time I re-watch. I felt nothing but frustration about their relationship after Season 3. And so I don't sound like I'm bashing Lana - even though I don't like her - I'll specify that it's the relationship that really frustrated me, which includes Clark and the way he acted when she was around.
                      Yes, well, Clark's behavior (where Lana is concerned) was caused by his own flaws and failures. But I can see how you'd find the relationship frustrating if you don't like half of the couple. I've always liked Lana, so I am very in tune with her story. I find it richer and more detailed each time I re-watch. I did like the romance and chemistry between Lana and Clark, but that doesn't mean they didn't get on my nerves along the way.
                      Last edited by Raistlin; 09-23-2011, 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎