Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Martha???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dynamic between the Kents is SO different with Annette - it’s so much richer and real. I’m very glad that Annette was cast as Martha. I can’t imagine the show without her.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
      It's interesting how most of the scenes with AoT, except for the scene in the kitchen, are almost identical.

I wonder how much it cost to reshoot all those scenes?
      In the beginning of the first season you can still see images of Cynthia Ettinger on the DVD's in the Pilot and Metamorhosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        It's interesting how most of the scenes with AoT, except for the scene in the kitchen, are almost identical.

I wonder how much it cost to reshoot all those scenes?
        I know. I noticed that they CHANGED the color of the truck Lex gives him... the initials on the card, looked like JJ instead of LL (weird) and then the convo with Clark and his dad is shorter in the aired Pilot. Very interesting.

Personally, I liked the blonde woman and Clark's scene in kitchen. I felt he was a bit too snarky with the red-head, which I didn't care for... AND AoT seems a little more younger or bouncy in those scenes. But I love her... she was great over the years!

Originally posted by dotsie23
        In the beginning of the first season you can still see images of Cynthia Ettinger on the DVD's in the Pilot and Metamorhosis.
        Wow, really? How weird. So, this actress was in another episode too?

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
          I know. I noticed that they CHANGED the color of the truck Lex gives him... the initials on the card, looked like JJ instead of LL (weird) and then the convo with Clark and his dad is shorter in the aired Pilot. Very interesting.

Personally, I liked the blonde woman and Clark's scene in kitchen. I felt he was a bit too snarky with the red-head, which I didn't care for... AND AoT seems a little more younger or bouncy in those scenes. But I love her... she was great over the years!

Wow, really? How weird. So, this actress was in another episode too?
          In the beginning of the introduction scene where the meteor shower hits and Jonathan and Martha run off the road and into that ditch, watch the DVD and you can see where both Jonathan and Martha are hanging upside down in the truck and they "blurred" Ettinger's image beside Jonathan.

After watching my DVD again, I realized that the actress was seen again in the Pilot, not in Metamorphosis. In the scene where Clark and Jonathan are talking about not keeping the truck, you can see in the background Martha hanging around the tractor, only that's not AOT, it's the other actress.

Comment

I'm so glad we ended up with Annette O'Toole. I just think she makes for a better Martha... granted, had the switch never been made, I obviously wouldn't have thought twice about it. (probably) Then again, I didn't start watching the show until season three - the first episode I ever saw was season 2's "Ryan." The characters had already been firmly established, no turning back.

I wish I had known about the show so I could have experienced the show from the beginning... but everything happens for a reason, and maybe I wouldn't be the loyal fan I am today if things had gone any other way.

Comment

I watched from the beginning and was hooked though because of school I had to watch on DVD most of the episodes unless I skipped school which I did a few times.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎