Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fav moment from the Pilot?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

was anyone else beaming when clark said "i'm clark kent. and you're in smallville." that was one of MANY great moments for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
      was anyone else beaming when clark said "i'm clark kent. and you're in smallville." that was one of MANY great moments for me.
      That may be my favorite quote of the episode (I mentioned it in the episode quotes thread). It's simple, and it really gives viewers a great idea of what kind of a person that Clark is.

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
        I am assuming some scenes were cut because there are more minutes of commercials now than there were in 2001. Other than the truck stacking, were there any other scenes cut?
        The episode on DVD is a few minutes longer than every other episode, except for Commencement, so in order to fit into a normal airing, some stuff had to be cut out.

From what I saw, the parts cut out were: Chloe and Pete on the bus part 2, the part of the first Clark/Chloe/Pete scene before Clark shows up, Clark's fantasy about playing football, Jonathan talking about farmers that Lionel screwed over, Lex and Clark talking about the mansion being moved to Smallville, the truck stacking prank, and Clark's last scene with Jonathan.
        Last edited by AgentChaos; 04-09-2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          i think Lex hitting Clark with the car. It started their whole arc for the series.
          THIS!!

also the line with Martha and Jonathan in the corn with the spaceship:

"Sweetheart, we can't keep him. What are we going to tell people -- we found him out in a field?" - Jonathan
          "We didn't find him. He found us"- Martha

that was the best line and the most powerfull scene i ever scene in any pilot episodes

Comment

^^ The short story that Jonathan tells Clark before Clark sticks his hand in the woodchipper was cut out as well.

Comment

It's hard to find a favorite moment.

I loved the whole line of "We didn't find you Clark, you found us." That line means so much considering that it was the Kents who were destined to find him and that it was Clark's destiny to be raised by them so it's a saying that goes both ways.

I also liked when Clark shoved his hand into that wood chopper. That really sealed the deal for me and made me believe in a world before Superman.

The car wreak was pretty intense because it set up the future outlook of thing especially when Clark said to Lex, "I'm sure you would have done the same" knowing full well that he might not have and if he had it would have been for personal exploit much like it was when he was investigating Clark and the car wreak.

The first part of the graveyard scene was nice (before Lana and Clark started talking to the Langs). It was beautiful especially with Clark standing in front of the angel statue.

Though like some I can't see Lana the way I used to anymore. Which is a shame because before season 4 even before season 3 I really liked her.

Comment

There were soooo many in the pilot: man or superman?, car accident, chloe and pete's bet, wall of weird, the "S", graveyard scene, "he found us", everything by lifehouse.

The pilot reminded me how much I loved Lana in the first season. She was perhaps my favorite character.

Comment

I love the whole episode, but the wood chipper moment is a high light. Maybe its because I wasn't expecting it or maybe because so many emotions Clark had been bottling up finally came through... but that scene is so special for me, because it just went to show how normal his parents saw him. Despite his powers, he was their son, and someone they needed to protect, and it scared Jonathan to see his son's hand in a wood chipper. They know he's amazing, but they had never really seen him perform acts of that nature before. (same goes for "Metamorphosis" - Martha was horrified when the truck exploded).... and throughout it all, they never treat him like a freak or anything less than human. It's beautiful.

...and that question: "Do you believe a man can fly?" AMAZING! Then followed by, "People can't fly Lex." "I did." WOW

I love this pilot... I love David Nutter. He does so many Sci-Fi types of pilots (Roswell, Dark Angel, Supernatural... Smallville) - so many shows I have loved or enjoyed, and he just gets it. I am so happy Smallville was able to benefit from his direction in that episode, because it set up something amazing, something I never could have guessed I'd have grown so attached to. (...and I've got to give credit where it's due: AlMiles wrote an amazing pilot.)
                  Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 04-09-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
                    Why couldn't Lana have blown up too or left with Whitney? sighs
                    if only, right?

Comment

I still love everything about this episode.

My fave will always be that opening sequence though.

Comment

I love pretty much every part of this episode but my favs are when Clark savs Lex and when Whitney prepares to tie Clark up as the scarecrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎