Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville Pilot Re-Airing Countdown/LIVE Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville Pilot Re-Airing Countdown/LIVE Thread!

The CW is re-airing the Smallville pilot on Friday, April 8... and to celebrate, we're doing a special LIVE discussion thread to go on while the episode airs, and are inviting everyone to count down as well.

Joining us on the evening (hopefully) will even be several mods from K-Site's past.

Hopefully you'll have fun joining us.

Craig, do you know if there showing the Pilot in it's entirety? This will be my first time experiencing it (sort of) live and on the DVD it's like 50 minutes, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by wellinglover66
      Craig, do you know if there showing the Pilot in it's entirety? This will be my first time experiencing it (sort of) live and on the DVD it's like 50 minutes, IIRC.
      i wonder that too. i think if its cut it usually winds up cutting out the whole clark lana cemetary speach about clark being gay. also think it cuts out the last 2 minutes at the end where it has clark looking out at lana and then shows her inside and shows the sky and the butterflies or whatever. but i think thats cause its more of the begining of the second episode.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        i wonder that too. i think if its cut it usually winds up cutting out the whole clark lana cemetary speach about clark being gay. also think it cuts out the last 2 minutes at the end where it has clark looking out at lana and then shows her inside and shows the sky and the butterflies or whatever. but i think thats cause its more of the begining of the second episode.
        Ok, this is the second post today that Ive read about Clark being gay/closeted. Am I missing somthing? Cause I dont get it

But about the episode, Ive seen the Pilot a million times, but ive only seen it once live (The original airdate), so I cant wait! Ill feel like a 15 year old girl again!

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
          The CW is re-airing the Smallville pilot on Friday, April 8... and to celebrate, we're doing a special LIVE discussion thread to go on while the episode airs, and are inviting everyone to count down as well.

Joining us on the evening (hopefully) will even be several mods from K-Site's past.

Hopefully you'll have fun joining us.
          I'll be here! I wonder if RandyG and STFanatic will be here I haven't seen those guys on the boards in a long time
          Last edited by dotsie23; 04-03-2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
            Ok, this is the second post today that Ive read about Clark being gay/closeted. Am I missing somthing? Cause I dont get it
            In the pilot there is that cemetery scene where Lana and Clark "talk" to her parents. She says her mother wants to know if he's upset about a girl and Clark says no. Then Lana says her father wants to know if he's upset about a guy and Clark says "NO!" and Lana laughs saying her dad has a "twisted sense of humor" That's all I can think of.

I really want to see the pilot live, I've only ever seen it on DVD.

Comment

Lana never comes out and says He's gay...She was talking to her parents and she assumed her dad had a strange sense of humor....but she never comes out and says "Clark Your gay!"

----- Added 42 Seconds later -----

And of course Kal-El is not gay because if you've been keeping up with Smallville he's currently dating Lois Lane
              Last edited by kilroy107; 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

woot! can't wait to see the pilot live again. i dont even remember watching it the first time. i was 14 years old, a freshman in high school. it'll be nice to see it on tv and not on my laptop with the dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana

But about the episode, Ive seen the Pilot a million times, but ive only seen it once live (The original airdate), so I cant wait! Ill feel like a 15 year old girl again!
                  dont think your missing anything lol. but everytime ive seen the pilot on tv they always seem to cut out that clark meeting lanas parents in the cemetary and the hole thing about lanas father asking if clark is sad over a boy lol.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Nerwen Aldarion
                  In the pilot there is that cemetery scene where Lana and Clark "talk" to her parents. She says her mother wants to know if he's upset about a girl and Clark says no. Then Lana says her father wants to know if he's upset about a guy and Clark says "NO!" and Lana laughs saying her dad has a "twisted sense of humor" That's all I can think of.

I really want to see the pilot live, I've only ever seen it on DVD.
                  ya thats the scene they seem to always cut out on tv.

hopefully they give us the original broadcast rather then the edited down version. it goes over like 7 minutes which is fine cause supernatural is a repeat and usually ends 5 minutes before 10 anyway so that can always work out. they might only cut out a little bit of the end cause it was more of the begining of the second episode cause its when bug boy sends his bugs to lana when hes stalking her.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

its going to be nice to see Lex agian cause other then dvds its been a long time since weve seen him. the MR version anyway.
                  Last edited by superhippie2000; 04-04-2011, 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

dont think your missing anything lol. but everytime ive seen the pilot on tv they always seem to cut out that clark meeting lanas parents in the cemetary and the hole thing about lanas father asking if clark is sad over a boy lol.
                    Haha ok good! I was feeling really confused there for a moment!

Comment

Sort of funny if they cut that scene out because in terms of the direction of the show in the early years, that scene is sort of pivotal to the Clark/Lana relationship. That scene is sort of the first time Clark and Lana had an actual discussion without Clark falling down(due to Kryptonite). I always felt the krypto necklace was used so the show could say Clark and Lana never had any relationship before this point(ie the graveyeard). Much like we got to see the Kents/Clark and Lex/Clark first meeting eachother the graveyard was that scene for Clark and Lana finally talking.

Comment

Smallville is going to cut a little bit into the 9PM hour, the CW announced.

Here's the trailer:

The CW will be re-airing the pilot episode of Smallville on Friday, April 8, and they've just released this fantastic new promo for the event.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

And, a request: This LIVE thread is for discussion of The Pilot as it airs, NOT necessarily what happens later, particularly involving relationships. Meaning, "man, Clana was so lame compared to Clois" or "thank goodness [insert character name here] is not in this episode" type posts are not allowed, and if you do it, your posting privileges will be revoked for the night, WITHOUT any warning. I really want this to be a shipper-war-free zone, if that's even possible, but that can only happen with your help.

Obviously pointing out things that are in the episode - like "Ooh, Queen Industries newspaper!" - is still permitted.

Let's have fun and take it back to 2001.
                        Last edited by KSiteTV; 04-04-2011, 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

awesome so seems like they wont be cutting the episode which is good unless they are doing some special things during the comercial break or something.

I think out of most series premieres Smallville had one of the best.

hope we get a lot of people here on friday.

Comment

Can't wait to finally see it LIVE! I'll miss Cassidy, but this is still honestly one of the best episodes in the series IMO

Comment

villefan, I agree with you...The pilot episode is great because it sets the tone for the rest of the series...makes me wanna go back through all 9 seasons of Smallville

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎