No announcement yet.

Speculations about the Future: Third Season

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculations about the Future: Third Season

The forum about Mother’s day, the finale of the second season, contains negative comments that suggest that the writers have put themselves in a corner with all the events and deaths portrayed in the episode. I have to agree that because of constraints concerning the number of episodes, the writers and producers had to pack the finale with many elements that would have been better spread and developped over a few more episodes.

I also read that many believe that it would be difficult to imagine a possible third season after the finale. I disagree. Here are a few speculations about things that could be, and even if I am completely wrong, it does prove they are many possibilities left out for a continuation.

Lisa2. Imagine that her impregnation did not work. It could be because of Tyler’s low phosphate level or the fact that she is sterile (it could have been done purposely by Joshua or could be a side effect of the artificial growth). Anna would be confronted with a severe issue. With Tyler’s death, only one possible human genetic provider remains to help out the evolution of her species on schedule. She also realizes that she requires her first daughter to insure the evolution of her race.

Lisa2 was given by Joshua all of Lisa’s memories so she develop the same feelings and guilt over killing Tyler. This also can lead in an identity crisis as she tried to make herself her own, apart from her older sister. Realizing her mother does not deem her useful, she knows her life is on the line. She may be the one that rescue the original Lisa or, as a play on the evil twin, becomes worst than her mother Anna.

The hybrid is sort of the “Elizabeth” of the reinvented series. She essentially proves that a hybrid being the natural result of the mating of a human and visitor is more powerful as either of the parent race. The hybrid has demonstrated to Anna that Diana was essentially right in her last speech. Anna may quickly loose her sense of wonder about the hybrid and becomes wary of her.

The hybrid will grow in a new actress. If the hybrid ever learns that, she has been deceived and of her real mother’s death at the hand of Anna, she will make a formidable enemy. By the way, I am certain that her father, Ryan, is not dead. The Visitors are more resilient than that: I remember one walking away from a car crash snapping her head onto place.

The Bliss on human is not a permanent effect it needs to be repeated periodically to maintain its hold and again the hybrid may not be as collaborative in the future. In fact, we have yet to see if the Bliss is as successful on humans as onto Visitors as human can perhaps recover more quickly.

I do not think that Chad is gone. He may have been called onto the ship for a different issue. If his smell was on the envelope, he could make out different reason for it like a pre-interview with Father Jack. I would be expecting more that Hobbes was the one traced and captured by the visitors and that would explain his diseapearance. To the worst case, Anna will just brainwash him as she may still have use for him especially if she cannot maintains the bliss. For instance, she needs a human voice to explain all those new visitors ships and tone down any suggestion of invasion by her people.

Erica has also difficult time ahead when she learned of her son’s death. Will she be vengeful or resolved to maintain her humanity? Would she prevent Aries from whipping out the Visitor’s entire race if they ever have the means to? Think of the multiple part toxins introduced earlier. Aries mentioned being ready to bring down mothership onto the city; millions of humans as casualities of war to save our species is acceptable?

The race of the visitors: to be genetically compatible with human and that without the assistance of technology suggest that humans and Visitors are closely related races. The chance of that happening to two separate races evolving on different planets is practically nil. Maybe the Visitors are not visitors but are coming back home; they are the evolved species of some reptilian race on earth that was able to leave earth at the time of the great extinction. In fact some of the surviving members of that race could be trace back to our dragon legends, or to religions such as in Mesoamerica that involved reptilian deities (and they are many). This could relate to the idea of a “Zon” type religion of Visitor, or Visitor Hybrids, that embraced spirituality and are living amongst humans. They may be working with both Visitors and human to prevent the mutal destruction of their races.

Some disliked the concept of the soul trough the second season. I see it an intriguing concept that could show to a scienfically-based race such as the Visitors and to Anna whose sole faith is science, that all cannot be explained by science alone. It is something that I believe that could come out more on a future season. Anna could even be more interested into Father Jack that he is a known fifth column representative as he knows of the soul.

As well, Anna will continue her own evolution into human emotions. She experienced and used rage, vengeance and sorrow but shown some piety to her agonizing warrior children, tenderness and awe towards the hybrid. This could also play a pivotal role in the future developpement of the series.

Marcus is a wild card, I can see him attempting to assasinate Anna at one point.

So, in conclusion I believe, there is more than a few element worth pursuing into a third season.

Abc press release video census v #3

I got this information from abc press release. I think it is very ironic since abc did not post episodes online for V it is ranked #3. This is a part of the new nielson rating system. The V website had that many visitors or hits parden the pun. V could not be viewed online.

Friday, February 25, 2011ABC Television NetworkPRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -ABC.COM VIDEOCENSUS
    Surging 78% in Unique Visitors Over the Prior Month,
    ABC.com is the No. 1 Online Broadcast Site for January 2011

ABC.com's Top 10 entries include , "V" (No. 3 - 771,000 UVs), "Mr. Sunshine" (No. 4 - 711,000 UVs), "Modern Family" (No. 5 - 706,000 UVs), "Grey's Anatomy" (No. 7 - 585,000 UVs), "General Hospital" (No. 8 - 534,000 UVs) and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (No. 9 - 521,000 UVs).

ABC.com Owns 7 of the Top 10 Spots in Unique Viewers for the Month
    ABC's "The Bachelor" is January 2011's No. 1 Program in Total Streams

According to the latest data from Nielsen VideoCensus for January 2011, ABC.com was up a resounding 78% in Unique Viewers over the previous month (4.8 million UVs vs. 2.7 million UVs). For the month of January, ABC.com stood as the No.
    Program Highlights - Unique Viewers (January '11)
    For viewing of full episodes and short-form content, ABC.com owned the most number of spots in the Top 10 with 7 during January '11, including the No. 1 series with ".

Friday, February 25, 2011ABC Television NetworkPRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -ABC.COM VIDEOCENSUS RATINGS

For viewing of full episodes and short-form content, ABC.com owned the most number of spots in the Top 10 with 7 during January '11,
    * ABC.com's Top 10 entries include ""V" (No. 3 - 771,000 UVs), "Mr. Sunshine" (No. 4 -
    Friday, February 25, 2011ABC Television NetworkPRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -ABC.COM VIDEOCENSUS RATINGS

According to the latest data from Nielsen VideoCensus for January 2011, ABC.com was up a resounding 78% in Unique Viewers over the previous month (4.8 million UVs vs. 2.7 million UVs). For the month of January, ABC.com stood as the No. 1 online broadcast site in Unique Viewers, beating CBS Television by 17% (4.1 million UVs), NBC.com by 50% (3.2 million UVs), Fox Broadcasting by 118% (2.2 million UVs) and Cwtv.com by 622% (664,000 UVs).

For viewing of full episodes and short-form content, ABC.com owned the most number of spots in the Top 10 with 7 during January '11, including the V

Comment

I think the most promising and potentially most problematic relationship / story line is between Anna and the hybrid. If Anna feels she at any time loses control over the hybrid, that could get interesting.

ETA- What if New Lisa only gets impregnated with one or two ''babies'' as opposed to a whole clutch of eggs as Anna expects? That could throw a bit of a kink into her plans.
      Last edited by bln; 03-20-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Hi Asaint. Very well thought out.

I am going to guess that Joshua has a plan for Tyler. I do not see him letting him die like that. And if Tyler returns, I am hoping he will have an edge about himself and not be such a poosee. His character can't be killed because he was the very reason why Erica was fighting the visitors. He was her foundation. With Joe and Tyler being killed, Erica will have NOTHING to go on for and will go after Anna on a suicide mission. Or, if Lisa is pregnant with his child / children, she will fight to save them. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I was all for the scenario wherein Joshua gave the Lisa2.0 the memories of the first Lisa and switched them, then staged Tyler's death to get them both off Anna's radar, the person imprisoned is Lisa2.0 and she only has the memories of the real Lisa.

Comment

I don't think Tyler is toast. Killing Joe and Tyler that quickly would be too hard on Erica. I suspect that Joshua will get a chance to revive Tyler in S3. Remember--the producers said there was only one "confirmed" death in the finale. Chances are Ryan and Tyler will be alive for next season. I do think bad Lisa is the one who killed Tyler--but good Lisa will most likely get broken out of her cell and will assist the Fifth Column on the ground.

And I feel pretty good about a renewal. We may see this being the "final season" though; it would be crappy for the producers to continue to chance the show not being renewed and leaving us with no conclusion. I simply don't think we'll see the ratings for a fourth season--but I do think ABC will renew with the understanding that this is it for V.

Comment

According to Wonder.Com Marc Singer will be joining Elizabeth Mitchell and the producer of V Scott R. for the V panel on April 3. It could mean something, I hope they are not teasing the fans for a third season. It would be great if they had Dianna, Anna, and Lisa .

Comment

Where Did...

the producers say there was just one confirmed death? To me, Tyler's demise is pretty confirmed, no? He was laying there motionless, eyes open, with no signs of life. he's not a Visitor, so not like he can be "healed" back to life.

Comment

Hey check out TVBTN they got another one wrong. I sure hope this is a good omen for V. I wish abc would let the fans know soon if they plan to renew.

Comment

The hybrid is growing fast I hope she ends up looking exactly like Valerie

Comment

Let's hope that another network will accept V for a third season. Let's also hope that it will be a 22 or more episodes season.

Comment

Now that we know Season Three isn't happening...
                        ...I was hoping to see some fan fiction from some
                        of you die hards. Who knows, maybe I'll dabble
                        in this world for the first time?

Let's keep this thing alive for a bit longer
                        and hope V gets picked up somewhere
                        else. There's nothing wrong with wishful
                        thinking.
                        Last edited by Glove; 05-18-2011, 04:03 PM. Reason: Added Note.

Comment

Do we have to lose hope now ? is there no chance left for a third season ?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎