Thank you KryptonSite!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss SV and this forum. Thanks Craig for keeping it alive. God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by DMA2Superman
      I miss SV and this forum. Thanks Craig for keeping it alive. God Bless.
      Thank heavens though I have all 10 seasons on DVD, I can still get my fix! And now SUPERGIRL!! I hope Tom Welling does a few cameos, that would be awesome!

Comment

I haven't been on these forums for a long time. Not since Smallville ended.

Comment

Thank you Craig for making Kryptonsite and the forums a great page.

Comment

Somehow I completely missed this thread when it was originally posted!

With Smallville being released on Hulu Oct. 1st (thanks Craig for that update!), I feel it fitting to post here.

It's going on ten years since I started posting here (wow). I had started watching SV when it premiered in 2001 but was not privy to forums at the time. Took me 6 years later to find this one, so happy that I did.

I've made friends with some extremely awesome people, with whom I've been able to completely fangirl out at the good and vent about the bad on SV. The best was always when we had a really good episode and the excitement was practically leaping off the board. It was a wonderful feeling.

Never had I been so involved in a TV show up until Smallville, and I felt as though through that, I really learned what being a true fan was. It didn't just stop when the show ended for the hour, there was so much more after that. Discussing spoilers, news, episodes, relationships, etc. on here gave me a much bigger insight into TV, especially when it revolves around comics.

Thank you, Craig, for all the long hard hours you put into this place, and for keep it going even after SV ended. Flying from city to city, doing Comic Con every year, interviews w/actors, and doing everything you can to get us the exclusives. I hope you know how many of us you brought together through this forum!

Comment

Totally agree, the forums are a community, those of us who absolutely love Smallville, thanks for keeping Smallville alive even after it ended, I'll always come back to the forums for my Smallville fix!!!

Comment

I logged in for the first time in maybe 5 years to post this haha.

Thanks KryptonSite!!! Smallville is one of my favourite shows, and thinking back, I think a big reason for liking it so much was this website. It was this sense of community that I think forms a greater bond -- you're not just a viewer, but you're part of this active family who love and support the show. Plus knowing you're watching the episode at the same time as everyone else (which is less of a thing now with DVRs and streaming) really helps cement that. I still remember replying during commercial breaks like "holy crap, that was badass" or something like that

Now I know everyone and their dog has a subreddit these days, which is a similar type of community... but it's not quite the same. I think back in the early 2000s, a dedicated fanbase having a rich and very active online presence was less of a thing, and maybe that's a reason it was extra special. Now you can find 500 blogs that dissect every little detail of every show, but back then you were part of a niche group.

Thanks again KS!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎