Game of Thrones (HBO)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue_agent
    Really loved Tyrion's antics.
    Haha, yeah, he's the star of the show for me, very clever and witty.

Comment

Indeed. I also liked the guy who fought for him. They go well together.

Comment

Indeed. I also liked the guy who fought for him. They go well together.
        I believe his name is Bronn.

Saw ep 7. The wild ride continues.

Comment

So that's his name - thanks.

Can't wait for Episode 7. It's getting wilder and wilder.

Comment

Noticed something else. The wildling woman that Robb and Theon captured is Tonks from Harry Potter.

Comment

I see. Well I must admit that I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies.

Comment

I recommend the later ones. Didnt have much interest in the first two.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check them out after this show finishes its season.

Comment

Did you see the last episode? Ned's honor is getting in the way of him being a good ruler. If the system itself is corrupt what hope do honest men have?

I know I've broken the code, but I peeked ahead online, and what might come before the end of this season, is nothing compared to what is still to come. There's enough to go on for indefinitely; especially if they veer off the already-laiden path
                    Last edited by dru-zod2501; 05-30-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I saw Episode 7. I agree, Ned's honour is definitely his greatest weakness, although that's one of the things I like about him. I think he should have gone with Renly and ignored Littlefinger.

I also wonder what's the deal with Stannis - it seems that everybody wants to deny him his rightful place.

So you peeked online... I can't wait for what happens next and I hope it will have even more twists and turns.

Comment

I didn't like the first episode all that much, but the show has been getting better and better with each new episode. And now, Game of Thrones has definitely become one of my favorite shows.

Still, part of me wishes it was family-friendly, because I'd rather watch it on our big screen than on my lap top, with the volume low (one of the cons of living with one's parents). Favorite characters so far are Tyrion and Jon, and the one I hate the most is Cersei, for obvious reasons.

As for the actors themselves, I went "I've seen you somewhere before!" a few times, too. Let's see, apart from the obvious (e.g. Sean Bean), I saw Jorah on Doctor Who, Robert in A Knight's Tale, Little Finger in Shanghai Knights (that guy has crazy good posture ), Lysa in The Pillars of the Earth (where she wasn't creepy at all), and Tywin on Merlin.

Anyhow, very much looking forward to the next few episodes, but sad that it's already almost over. But hey, at least it's an actual series, and not a mini-series, like The Pillars of the Earth (which I loved!).

Also, would it be all right to post fan art here? I don't know if people check the "Other shows fan art thread" often. Well, I'll post the avatars I've made so far and remove them if there's a problem:

The first 15 should have "invisible" backgrounds when used. I hope you like 'em. I know I really like the 7th one and will probably use it if nobody else does. lol

Comment

Yeah, it's one of favourite shows too. I like how every episode increases the tension. I can't imagine what it'll be like in Episode 10!

I also wish it was family-friendly. But hey, what do you expect from HBO, right?
                          I don't want to complain too much - I just think they should have slightly toned down the explicit scenes.

I'm finding it difficult to pick my favourites, but I love Tyrion & Bronn, Jon & Sam, Arya and Ned. I also hate Cersei the most - it's so wonderful. I'm also liking the fact that the characters are so flawed.

So you recognised all the characters. I must confess that I don't watch many films and TV shows so I don't recognise any of the actors except for the obvious Sean Bean (I saw him in Lord of The Rings). However, I'm liking all of them.

Yeah, it looks like Season 1 will be over soon. IMO a mini-series would be even worse, so you're right - good thing we didn't get a min-series.

And go ahead with the fan-art, avatars, etc. No problem! I like the ones you've posted so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Valkyrie
                            I didn't like the first episode all that much, but the show has been getting better and better with each new episode.
                            Me too, I ranted about the first episode as rogue_agent will attest to! But, I stuck with it and I actually enjoy the show now, I'm even looking forward to season 2 as it's come a long way since then

I also wish it was family-friendly. But hey, what do you expect from HBO, right?
                            I don't want to complain too much - I just think they should have slightly toned down the explicit scenes.
                            I think that's what my complaint was with the first episode, it all seemed a bit too much, as if it were the hook for getting people to watch. I think the balance is just right now, it needs the adult slant to give it the edge, I think a family friendly vibe would take that away tbh.
                            Last edited by The Beyonder; 06-01-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beyonder
                              Me too, I ranted about the first episode as rogue_agent will attest to! But, I stuck with it and I actually enjoy the show now, I'm even looking forward to season 2 as it's come a long way since then
                              LOL - no need to be embarassed as everybody has their likes and dislikes. I thought the whole season would be most of the family in King's Landing and I expected the different scenarios to move along more slowly, but it seems that it's moving at a frantic pace!

I think that's what my complaint was with the first episode, it all seemed a bit too much, as if it were the hook for getting people to watch. I think the balance is just right now, it needs the adult slant to give it the edge, I think a family friendly vibe would take that away tbh.
                              Even though I loved the first episode, I also thought the same as you. I don't mind sexual content, just the way it's so explicitly shown. However, I stopped complaining when I heard that other HBO shows have even more of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Valkyrie
                                I didn't like the first episode all that much, but the show has been getting better and better with each new episode. And now, Game of Thrones has definitely become one of my favorite shows.

Still, part of me wishes it was family-friendly, because I'd rather watch it on our big screen than on my lap top, with the volume low (one of the cons of living with one's parents). Favorite characters so far are Tyrion and Jon, and the one I hate the most is Cersei, for obvious reasons.

As for the actors themselves, I went "I've seen you somewhere before!" a few times, too. Let's see, apart from the obvious (e.g. Sean Bean), I saw Jorah on Doctor Who, Robert in A Knight's Tale, Little Finger in Shanghai Knights (that guy has crazy good posture ), Lysa in The Pillars of the Earth (where she wasn't creepy at all), and Tywin on Merlin.

Anyhow, very much looking forward to the next few episodes, but sad that it's already almost over. But hey, at least it's an actual series, and not a mini-series, like The Pillars of the Earth (which I loved!).

Also, would it be all right to post fan art here? I don't know if people check the "Other shows fan art thread" often. Well, I'll post the avatars I've made so far and remove them if there's a problem:

The first 15 should have "invisible" backgrounds when used. I hope you like 'em. I know I really like the 7th one and will probably use it if nobody else does. lol
                                The other obvious one is Lena Headey (Cercei) who was Queen Gorgo in 300 and Sarah Conner in T:SCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎