Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (HBO)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabulous episode but what appealed to me the most is the way Sansa is becoming smarter at deception. The way she absolved Littlefinger was sheer genius and I just hope he never betrays her beacause vengence is in her blood and she so wants vengeabce

Comment

• Who Watches the Watchers on the wall? No one knows.

Cool episode this week, eh guys...but, where was the eye-gouging? In the previous week's episode, we had eye-gouging. But this week, no eyes gouged or pressed into their sockets? I feel as though it was a missed opportunity....a missed opportunity for eye-gouging. Actually, I think I remember there WAS one scene of a guy getting stabbed in the eye, but it just wasn't the same.... A good place for it I think would have been when Ygritte died. When she taunted Jon yet again about "knowing nothing", Jon should have just gouged her eyes out. Then she would have been all like, "Alright alright I was wrong Jon you know how to gouge people's eyes out for crying out loud!!! OW OW OW OW OWWWW!!!!!" Then she would have died and we'd all've been happy. Especially Halberdier....right Halberdier? lol j/k

Apparently this was the most expensive episode this show has ever done. It was Lord of the Rings meets Lord of the Rings, with a little bit of Lord of the Rings thrown in for good measure.

But where the heck did those Giants come from? Giants and White Walkers and Dragons, oh my.... The silly thing is they had one of the characters say some rubbish about "not believing in children's stories" when someone mentioned there were giants down below. This is reminiscent of when characters in past seasons scoffed at the idea of white walkers, or dragons, seeing them as myths and the like. Which is of course totally absurd in a world where these things are REAL. Also raises plotholes connected to how human beings are the dominant species on the planet considering how strong/powerful these other beings are. Guess humans are smarter? Brains beats brawn? Though not smart enough to know these creatures all exist in the world with them. Reminds me of the silliness of shows like Vampire Diaries/Originals where the existence of all these supernatural beings (vamps, witches, werewolves) aren't known all around the world as fact, rather than the pure fiction/fantasy that they are in our world. The histories of their world/culture/society etc should be totally different from ours given the real existence of these super-beings in theirs, but nope. Silly stuff, but what're ya gonna do.
      Last edited by Xanderman; 06-12-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• All I'm going to say about the finale is that it made me wish I hadn't read the books because it would've saved me a lot of disappointment, I've usually been fine with the changes after having read them but not so much this time because what they omitted completely ruined Tyrion's escape for me.

Comment

• Cracking finale.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
            All I'm going to say about the finale is that it made me wish I hadn't read the books because it would've saved me a lot of disappointment, I've usually been fine with the changes after having read them but not so much this time because what they omitted completely ruined Tyrion's escape for me.
            how do u mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anu
              how do u mean?
              Wanted to see Tywin's bowels get shot, maybe? I think they aimed their TV crossbow a lil' higher, for that dignity Tywin kept talking about. Or we didn't get to hear about how Tywin doesn't poop gold after all? Or the line about all the people queen Cersei has boinked, which in the books comes to haunt Jaime's mind as he keeps wondering if the queen has been with the court jester called Moonboy. (Tyrion just threw that name into the list as a joke.)

It was weird to see all the stuff they're changing now, because you feel like "Hey, that's not possible... because... oh yeah they didn't even cast that other character I was expecting to see here." Or, "Whoa, okay I know this never happened...... but now that it has.... it's sort of nifty." They know they're going to be on their own soon anyway when they run out of books, so why not start doing their own thing now is the thought process I suppose.

Comment

• Yeah, none of those things except it was in the conversation with Jaime. I'm not going to spoil what happened in the books because people here might actually be reading them. More or less over it now and really should have seen it coming from just the second episode this season with another thing they left out.
                Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 06-18-2014, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• Jamie can still find out that Cersei has been unfaithful in the next season

Comment

• Have you all seen the season 5 trailers? Next season seriously looks amazing. I went to the IMAX event in January where they aired the last 2 episodes from season 4 remastered for IMAX and I actually wish I could watch every episode in that format, so good, also got to meet the director of episode 9. I've started reading the books since watching the show and there are things I wish they had included, but there are some things I think they've done better as well.

Comment

• Season 5 has begun. I'm trying not to watch the leaked videos. Seems like this season will be slow burn of build up and new characters leading up to an explosive last three episodes - kind of like season two. Maybe it just feels that way because I'm a book reader.

Comment

• I just finished Season 4 and thought it was better than Season 3. Looking forward to seeing what happens to Tyrion in Season 5.

Comment

• New episode tonight

Comment

• New episode tonight.

Comment

• New episode tonight

Comment

• Damn that ending of the latest episode.... It's finally here.

and Tyrion finally reached his destination, those scenes are finally worth watching now.

Sansa has been kind of a let down though this season...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎