No announcement yet.

By My Side

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercy_Mermaid
    I suppose I should warn you there's a little cussing in here. Forgot to say that about Chapter 1 too. Oh well. Sorry if it offends. It fits the story, that's my only excuse.
    It's okay, it's okay. The cussing part, I recognized one though the other words I have no idea Before I read the chapter I braced myself for cussing Tess. There wasn't any..I kinda like it when she curses..

Originally posted by love2makeUwait
    I can't wait to see how Tess and Clark will be dealing with the lack of space and the fact that they've got only one bed.
    That's what I thought too! Awkwardness! I wonder how cless would turn up in this one considering Lois is out there. I say let them be in there for as long as it can

Originally posted by Buziel0809
    So true! Please, keep them there longer.
    Oh yes. Deinitely please

Comment

Before I read the chapter I braced myself for cussing Tess
      There's honestly not going to be that much. I just put up the warning to be on the safe side.

Awkwardness! I wonder how cless would turn up in this one considering Lois is out there
      And there inth lies the fun :P. Oh they'll be in there for a while. At least six months, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
        That's what I thought too! Awkwardness!
        Exactly, imagine their first night. I'm very excited to see Sarah's take on it but I'm 100% sure that we'll get to 'read' a very uncomfortable and awkward Clark.

Oh they'll be in there for a while. At least six months, I'm pretty sure.
        Wow, that's a very long time, indeed. Will we find out what happens with Lois and co. outside of the bunker?

Comment

Will we find out what happens with Lois and co. outside of the bunker?
          Eventually...

Comment

There's honestly not going to be that much. I just put up the warning to be on the safe side.

And there inth lies the fun :P. Oh they'll be in there for a while. At least six months, I'm pretty sure.
            Six months I guess they have a shower and toilet or something? The man lets them out sometimes, I hope? For exercise... and fresh air...

Comment

Six months I guess they have a shower and toilet or something? The man lets them out sometimes, I hope? For exercise... and fresh air...
              That all gets explained in the next chapter

Comment

I love this story, and I love your style of writing! Great update!
                Lol, like people said, this is gonna be awkward with Lois still around~

Comment

I love this story, and I love your style of writing!
                  Thanks

Comment

Loved the new chapter! PPMS

Comment

I would have uploaded this earlier today but I got distracted by looking for formal -prom- dresses. Sorry about that...

Chapter 3:

The burning sensation in his arm woke him. Clark blinked slowly, trying to remember where he was and why he felt like he’d been hit by a green K semi trailer. He groaned, rolling onto his good side as the memories came back. He didn’t think being shot would hurt this much. Actually, he didn’t think it was possible to feel this much pain without green k being present.

Clark glanced around, “Tess?” No answer. He pushed himself up into a sitting position, ignoring the violently spinning room. “Tess?”

“In here,” Her voice floated through the door into the other room.

He got to his feet and stumbled to the doorway, grabbing it with his injured arm. He hissed at the sudden jolt of pain.

Tess turned from the counter she was working at him, giving him a concern look. “You okay?”

He nodded tightly, not quite trusting his voice at that moment. “What is this place?” He looked around the room, seeing it properly for the first time. The room was divided in half with one half serving as a kitchen and the other and empty space. The kitchen half had an open door that he could see contained a large pantry. The other half had another door that lead to what he guessed was a bathroom. Tess was in the kitchen half, cooking something he couldn’t see properly. The steel door stood opposite Clark, mocking him silently. It was the one door he couldn’t open yet the one door he needed to.

“Like he said: an underground base. Hasn’t been used in years,” Tess turned back to cutting the carrots. “There’s nothing we can use to get out. I already checked.”

Clark sat heavily at the crude metal dining table in the middle of the room. “Nothing? Are you sure?”

“Yes, Clark, I’m sure,” She replied stiffly. She didn’t like the implication of his words; she was capable of searching for usable objects.

“So we’re stuck here then,” He laid his head on his arms, staring at the dull metal table top.”

“He’ll come back,” Tess said, carelessly tossing the carrots into a pot on an electric stove. “They always come back,” Her voice was softer, a darker tone to it.

“How can you be so sure? He’s probably left us here to rot!” Clark almost shouted, gesturing wildly.

“Because,” Tess replied evenly, not reacting to his outburst. “They always come back to gloat.”

“Have a lot of experience with kidnappers do you?”

“Actually, yes. Didn’t Oliver tell you how we met on the island? How he saved me from the pirates?” She faced him, her impassive face betrayed by the quiver in her voice.

“Tess… I’m sorry,” Clark said quickly, mentally kicking himself. “He never said.”

“Oliver keeping his mouth shut? There’s one for the record books.” She quipped, smiling slightly. He could see the smile didn’t reach her eyes.

Clark not so subtly changed the subject, “What are you cooking?”

“Vegetable soup. I don’t know what you like so I thought I’d play it safe,” Tess answered with a small shrug as if it say is it ok.

“Sounds nice.” Clark looked around the bare room, eyes widening as he came to a realisation. “There’s only one bedroom. And one bed.”

“Yes.”

“Oh.”

“We can take turns,” Tess interrupted the awkward silence. “One night on the bed, one on the floor.” She kept facing the wall, avoiding making eye contact.

Clark thought about it for a minute. “We’re adults. We can share a bed without anything happening.”

“Clark,” Tess looked at him. “What would Lois say?”

“She’d understand. She hates sleeping on floors. She crashes on Oliver’s couch when she’s too tired to drive home when I can’t pick her up. It’s the same thing.”

“There’s a difference between a couch and a bed, Clark,” Tess said, taking a small step towards him. “A big difference. I doubt Oliver and Lois share the couch.”

“And if they did, I would trust Lois so I know nothing would happen. And she trusts me.”

“The last thing I need is an irate Lois Lane on my case when we get out of here.”

“She won’t be angry at you,” Clark promised sincerely. “And if she is, we’ll just explain the situation. It’s not our fault some crazy man locked us up in here,” He shrugged, forgetting his sore arm. “Ow.”

“You probably shouldn’t move your arm that much,” Tess suggested, “Or poke it,” She added as he fiddled with the makeshift bandage. “You’ll make it worse.”

“But it hurts.”

“Just leave it alone. It will heal. And before I forget,” She tossed him a foil pack of pills. “Antibiotics. I found them in the pantry.”

Clark looked at the small yellow pills dubiously. “Will they work on me?”

Tess shrugged, “Only one way to find out. Glasses are in that drawer over there.” She pointed to the drawer to her left.

Clark got up, walking slowly to the drawer. “How do you know where everything is?”

“I’ve had a good look around. You were out for a while.” She went back to stirring the pot of soup.

“How long?” Clark frowned.

“A few hours. Maybe six,” She shrugged.

“Six hours?” He echoed. “Why didn’t you wake me?”

“There wasn’t any reason to. It’s not like there’s anything we have to do here.”

He could see her reasoning. “I could have kept you company; you didn’t have to do everything by yourself.”

“I like the quiet,” She said softly. “It’s better than my board of directors yelling like children in the playground.”

“Still-“

“Soup’s ready,” She cut him off and turned off the stove. She served it into a bowl and deposited it in front of him.

Clark blinked at the speed of her movement. “Thanks,” He picked up the spoon she’d left on the table for him.

Silence settled as they ate. An awkward silence only broken by the clanging of dishes.

“So um, where’d you learn how to cook?” Clark said the first thing that came into his head.

“Self-taught. Though the nun down the street taught me how to make a mean chocolate cake,” She smiled at the memory.

“You were friends with a nun?” Clark asked, surprised.

“Just because I’m an evil witch doesn’t mean I didn’t have good people around me when I was a kid.”

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Clark replied quickly. “I just surprised. You don’t seem the type.”

“Well you didn’t know me then.”

“I’m starting to think I don’t know you now,” He muttered under his breath.

“Pardon?” Tess looked at him inquiringly but amused.

“Nothing,” He shook his head. He was being stupid; it wasn’t fair to think he knew her. He’d only met her last year and barely spent any time with her. Somehow, he thought, I think that will change.
                      Last edited by Mercy_Mermaid; 04-04-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I loved the new chapter! Can't wait to see what will happen next!

Somehow, he thought, I think that will change.
                        Yay!! This made me smile

Comment

Good chapter. Methinks they'll get to know each other pretty well in their captivity.

Comment

This was a nice update, something I needed to get through this rainy day. Thanks.

Comment

great update, I agree with Buziel, it was just what I needed

Comment

Love the update. They shouldn't argue about the bed. Lois understands

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎