Collapse
No announcement yet.

By My Side

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm late to the party but I really love this story. I had a similar story floating around in my head. We'll see how close we are together, lol. Can't wait for more!
    Really? I'm sorry I stole you're idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercy_Mermaid
      It's not a stupid question. I'm pretty sure it's set after Scion but it could change. Connor doesn't exist in this story btw.
      Aha okay, thanks for the answer.

Comment

Really? I'm sorry I stole you're idea.
        You didn't steal something that's been in my head, lol..and I doubt yours is as naughty as mine is.

Comment

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
          Not really. She retweeted one though. that was so funny
          That WAS funny! I laughed SO hard. But yeah, you're right, she doesn't do it much and if I remember correctly, a year ago she was tweeting about helping with Habitat for Humanity. I have so much respect for her!

It's not a stupid question. I'm pretty sure it's set after Scion but it could change. Connor doesn't exist in this story btw.
          That's fine that Conner is not in it. I hope they get a gift that's better than Conner! PPMS!

Comment

I hope they get a gift that's better than Conner
            What gift are you hoping for exactly?

and I doubt yours is as naughty as mine is.
            Probably not :P

Comment

What gift are you hoping for exactly?
              Something chubby and adorable

Comment

Something chubby and adorable
                Is that a baby? Yeah... I'm horrible at guessing. If it's a baby, well they don't get that far in this story. I think. I'm still working on the plan. Never know what could happen....

Comment

And to celebrate finshing two exams (5 to go) here is chapter two. I suppose I should warn you there's a little cussing in here. Forgot to say that about Chapter 1 too. Oh well. Sorry if it offends. It fits the story, that's my only excuse.

Chapter 2:

“Up against the wall, boy. And no funny business.”

Clark backed up slowly, raising his hands. “Look, whatever you think-“

The metal barrel smacked across the face. Hard. The blow forced him to his knees.

“What part of no funny business do you not understand?” A small balding man stepped into the light. The whites of his obsidian eyes were barely visible behind the shotgun. “I know what the hell I’m doing. I don’t need any of that psychology ********. The quack already tried it on me.”

Clark looked up at him through watering eyes, wondering who the gun wielding man was. He’d never seen him before.

“Now up against the wall. And no talking,” He nudged Clark with a booted foot.

Clark rose slowly, his vision spinning faster and faster. He stumbled as he walked; an outstretched hand from Tess was the only thing keeping him upright. He started to say thank you but she silenced with him a look.

“That’s better. Wasn’t so hard to keep that mouth shut was it, boy?”

The kryptonian glared at him. If he had his abilities then that man would be ashes.

The man chuckled, showing teeth filled with gold fillings. “I suppose it must have been for people like you two. I bet you’ve never had people tell you no before.”

“People like us?” Clark asked and almost winced at Tess’ tightening grip on his arm. She was stronger than he realised.

“Rich, arrogant sons of *****es. You don’t care about who you hurt as long as you get what you want.”

“I think you have us confused with someone else…”

“Clark!” Tess hissed anxiously. Talking like that wasn’t going to help anyone.

“She’s kinda hard to confuse with anyone,” He raised the shot gun at Tess. “Even I know who she is. She ruined my son’s life.”

Clark looked at Tess, waiting for a reaction.

“I’m sorry,” She said simply. There wasn’t anything else she could say.

“Sorry you opened 33.1?” He raised the gun again, pointing it straight at her head. She didn’t even blink. “Or sorry you had to shut it down?”

“33.1? Clark repeated. It had been a long time since that nightmare had haunted him. “Your son was in 33.1?”

The middle aged man gave him a cold glare. “What’s it to you boy?”

“My friend was in there. Lex put her in there. Not Tess. She didn’t have anything to do with it.” Clark twisted the truth a little, praying Tess would go along with it. “Lex ran everything.”

“You expect me to believe that?” His voice rose, anger clouding his voice. “You expect me to believe she didn’t know what her boss was doing?”

Tess looked him in the eye. “I didn’t. Not until Lex died. I shut it down as soon as I found out.”

“Then where’s my son?”

She looked down at the ground, knowing the answer was something the father did not want to hear.

His grip tightened on the gun. Her silence told him the words he never wanted to hear. “I see.”

Tess looked up at him, tears in her hazel eyes. “I am so sorry.”

He fired the shot gun, making both of them jump. Dust rained down on them from the holes that peppered the wall above them. “Don’t you dare say you’re sorry.”

Clark pushed Tess behind him. “It wasn’t her fault. It was Lex. He hurt Chloe. He hurt your son.”

“Someone has to pay for what happened to him,” The man’s jaw tightened. “Justice has to be served. She’s the closet link to him and you to her. You both must pay for what happened to my son.”

Tess brushed past Clark. “Do what you want to me. Just let Clark go. He hasn’t done anything to you. Let him go. He’s got an entire life to live.”

“Tess-”

“’Shut up Clark,” Tess cut him off, watching their kidnapper. “You want Justice. You can have justice. Just let him go. He’s innocent.”

He caught her implication. “And your not?” A cruel grin grew. “Well you’ll get your punishment. And watching him suffer will be on your head.”

“Please,” Tess begged. “Don’t hurt him.”

“Unlike some people,” He looked at her pointedly. “I don’t hurt people.” He took a step back. “Do you know where you are?”

“No,” Clark answered. “Are you going to tell us?”

“You’re in a nuclear shelter about 10 miles underground. The power’s generated by blue meteror rock. It's a surprisingly good power source. And water’s coming in from an underground stream.”

Clark paled at the words. His abilities wouldn’t return until he got away from the blue remnants of his world. “Is that even possible?”

“I may be a simple electrician but this place will last for a hundred years at least running off those stones,” There was a pride in his voice.

Thoughts ran around Tess’ head, tumbling over each other as she realised what her kidnapper was planning. “No, please.”

He gave her an approving glance. “So you are as smart as people say.” He continued on. “The military used this place as a storage bunker for decades. There’s enough food down here to last an army twenty years easy.”

“What use would an army be down here?” Clark asked, not yet understanding what was going on.”

“They’d be safe from whatever was going on the surface. Nothing could get in here,” Tess explained softly, her eyes never leaving that of their kidnapper.

He nodded. “And nothing can get in. Without the key, of course,” He added, backing up again.

Clark’s eyes widened as he worked it out. “You’re going to leave us here.”

“What better way to make someone pay then to give them a lifetime to think about what they’ve done?” His sinister smile returned. “I’ll check in on you soon. See if you’ve gone crazy from the isolation. See if you feel how my son did.”

“Please…” Tess implored.

“Don’t you think my son would have begged for mercy? No one showed it to him so why would I show it to you?”

“You can’t do this!” Clark said.

“Watch me,” The man darted through the door. Clark ran after him. He reached out a grabbed the man’s shoulder, aiming for the gun. The shorter man turned first, pulling the shotgun’s trigger as he did. The pellets ricocheted off the metal door. Clark’s cry of shock mixed with the sound of Tess’ panicked scream as he fell to the ground.

The man looked down at him for a second, emotions flashing behind his eyes. “I told you no funny business. There’s not point in being a hero boy. It only gets you killed.”

Tess ran to Clark’s side, lighting running her fingers over the small wound. It was only a graze but she could tell from his expression that it hurt like hell. She looked up at the man who caused the pain. “You didn’t have to hurt him.”

“You didn’t have to hurt so many,” He countered. “Do you think I’m the only one that’s dreamed of revenge?” He laughed. “Silly girl.” He started for the door on the other side of the room. The door that lead to freedom. “I’ll come back and see if you’ve thought enough about what you’ve done.” He opened the steel door and walked through, not glancing back even once.

“Are you okay?” Tess asked Clark, watching his increasingly pale face carefully.

He groaned, rolling onto his side and holding onto his injured arm. “He shot me.”

“You really do have a gift for understatement Clark,” Tess said dryly. “You’re lucky though. It’s only a graze. Bullet barely hit you.”

“Try telling that to my arm. It feels like it’s on fire.”

She froze at the words, memories of excruciating pain taunting her. “Trust me, if it was on fire – you’d be screaming.”

Clark bit his lip. “It hurts.”

Tess closed her eyes and tried to think of what to do. “Can you stand? You’d be more comfortable on the bed?”

He groaned and rolled onto his knees. Tess took most of his weight and helped him feebly stumbled back into the other room. “I didn’t think getting shot would hurt this much,” He mumbled as he lowered himself onto the bed. “I thought a paper cut was bad.”

Tess almost laughed. “When did you have a paper cut?”

“Last year. Lois accidentally brought home blue k and I cut myself proof- reading one of her articles,” He smiled at the memory, almost forgetting about the burning sensation in his arm.

“How many mistakes were in that one?” Tess asked, trying to distract him. She knelt next to him, trying to get a look at the wound. It was small enough not to need stitches but she needed to stop the bleeding. She tore a strip off the bottom of her purple oxford shirt.

Clark started at the noise. He craned his head and looked at her, “What are you doing?”

“Trying to stop the bleeding,” Tess answered, gently lifting his arm and tying the fabric tightly around the bleeding wound. “Sorry,” she said as he winced.

“You could’ve used my shirt,” He commented, eyes flicking pointedly away from the strip of pale skin he could see.

Tess rolled her eyes, “Yes, let’s take the wounded man’s shirt.” She tugged at her shirt, pulling it down to cover her hips. “Better now?”

Clark didn’t answer, keeping his head turned away. The rigidness of his jaw made her think he was about to break it.

“Clark?” She ventured softly.

He replied so quietly she could barely make out the words. “We’re trapped here now, aren’t we?”
                  Last edited by Mercy_Mermaid; 03-25-2011, 03:08 PM. Reason: I am a dum dum

Comment

He groaned and rolled onto his knees. Tess took most of his weight and helped him feebly stumbled back into the other room. “I didn’t think getting shot would hurt this much,” He mumbled as he lowered himself onto the bed. “I thought a paper cut was bad.
                    Oh, Clark. I wonder how are Tess and Clark going to get out of this predicament. Great update, can't wait to see what happens next. Good luck on the rest of exams.

Comment

Love the update!! tho one tiny question.. the man called it Blue Kryptonite.. how did heknow what it was called? should have called it blue meteor rock.

PPMS!! Good luck on your exams!

Comment

I was wondering about the blue krytonite thing, too. But then, maybe he knows more than we think he does or he's working with someone who knows about Clark's powers/secret and wants revenge, since so far I don't really see why this guy locked Tess AND Clark into that bunker. But maybe I'm just reading to much into it.

Great update! I can't wait to see how Tess and Clark will be dealing with the lack of space and the fact that they've got only one bed.

And good luck on your next exams.
                        Last edited by love2makeUwait; 03-25-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I was wondering about the blue krytonite thing, too
                          It's nothing but me being stupid. I forgot that normal people don't know what its called on the show. Sorry, my bad.

should have called it blue meteor rock
                          And that is what's now changed to. Thanks for picking up the mistake . My brain is fried.

I can't wait to see how Tess and Clark will be dealing with the lack of space and the fact that they've got only one bed
                          Yes... That's the fun part I can't stop smiling when I write it.
                          Last edited by Mercy_Mermaid; 03-25-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I hope they get out of there ASAP. That wall can just magically disappear.... And that balding man can just go adopt a kid and go away!!!

Comment

I hope they get out of there ASAP
                              But if they got out of there ASAP, where would be the story?

Comment

But if they got out of there ASAP, where would be the story?
                                So true! Please, keep them there longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎